• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When do you think Brawl will REALLY come out?

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Based on nothing! One announced delay doesn't mean they'll do it again. That's just extreme pessimism + a personal vendetta against Sakurai at work.
Based on the track record of Nintendo. You must be one heck of a fan boy of Sakurai to think that there is no chance of another delay. There's always another chance of delay.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Based on the track record of Nintendo. You must be one heck of a fan boy of Sakurai to think that there is no chance of another delay. There's always another chance of delay.
However, neither Melee nor regular SSB were delayed (nor most Kirby games, nor Meteos, etc). So you'd have to be anti-Sakurai to suggest that HIS track record indicates delays.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Of course there is. But do you want one? Seems like you do. I understand that you just don't want to be let down again, but see, there's an even larger chance that this game will come out on Feb. 10th (see Kittah's post). Besides, you didn't seem to notice Nintendo's track record before this delay, otherwise you wouldn't have had such a major change in attitude towards Sakurai. And jeez, what's the point of this whole thing anyway? Smash games don't disappoint, and patience is a virtue.

And also as stated, you mention Nintendo's track record, but then accuse me of being a Sakurai fan-boy. Sakurai hasn't let down yet. You must have an impressive loathing for Sakurai himself, the guy who's, you know, in charge of this game.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Of course there is. But do you want one? Seems like you do. I understand that you just don't want to be let down again, but see, there's an even larger chance that this game will come out on Feb. 10th (see Kittah's post). Besides, you didn't seem to notice Nintendo's track record before this delay, otherwise you wouldn't have had such a major change in attitude towards Sakurai. And jeez, what's the point of this whole thing anyway? Smash games don't disappoint, and patience is a virtue.

And also as stated, you mention Nintendo's track record, but then accuse me of being a Sakurai fan-boy. Sakurai hasn't let down yet. You must have an impressive loathing for Sakurai himself, the guy who's, you know, in charge of this game.
I don't care who's in charge of the game. You have over a year game should be done. They can't finish it in a year what's to say there won't be another delay?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I don't care who's in charge of the game. You have over a year game should be done. They can't finish it in a year what's to say there won't be another delay?
You have now entered the realm of redundancy and whining. See you in another thread, where you are sure to spread your negative attitude and the classic "Sakurai bit off more than he can chew, there's no excuse for not finishing the game, Dec. 2008"!

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
You have now entered the realm of redundancy and whining. See you in another thread, where you are sure to spread your negative attitude and the classic "Sakurai bit off more than he can chew, there's no excuse for not finishing the game, Dec. 2008"!
See you later my friend. Good chatting with you.

Jammer

Smash Lord
February 10th. Even though this is like the 4th time it's been delayed, right?

Well, I'm told it's a "Smash Bros. Perfection Program." Which I guess means they don't have any major things to do. So they'll ship it on the 10th, even if not everything is absolutely perfect.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
They should make it a "brawl magically appear in Red X's house with a free wii perfection program".

brawl1994

Smash Journeyman
febuary 10th because its the day after my birthday :), second, ninteno better not delay again or i will be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo MAD!

Konpaku

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully they take there time and make everything perfect,
because this is the game we will be playing for years.

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
they are not adding stuff they want to have a after christmas game cuz they have mario galexeys gutair hero 3 and sruff like that they have had like 3 years to make this game like for zelda they did not add stuff for that they just waited for the wii to come out

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
If they needed more time, don't you think they would have made the release date farther away, or made a TBA? Seriously. They wouldn't waste their time saying February 10th if they didn't think it was possible by then.

If you don't think it will be released then, when do you? I really dont want it delayed again, I just cant see Nintendo really releasing the thing in Feb.
Melee had a 10 month development lifecycle and ended up being an awesome game, and this month marks Brawl's 2 year development anniversary. I really have no doubt that they can release an epic product in February.

Well technically, they need to have it done by the end of December/beginning of January, because they still need to send it to manufacturing in Japan, for it to be out in stores by January 28th, and then they will send our copies to manufacturing to be done by February.

If you don't think it will be released then, when do you? I really dont want it delayed again, I just cant see Nintendo really releasing the thing in Feb.
If they wanted Galaxy to specifically have spotlight without Brawl in the way, they wouldn't have announced Galaxy's release date of November 12th, and Brawl's release date of December 3rd, at the same press conference (E3).

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Yes, two. Brawl was going to be a launch title.
Uhhh no. Sorry.

Nintendo: Will Smash Bros. be a launch title?

Masahiro Sakurai: It will not be a launch title. I've been told that I can say it will launch in 2007, so it will launch in 2007 and you can look forward to it then.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=38255492&page=1

And if you're talking about E3 05, that's bull too. Because he never said it would launch with the Wii. The console didn't even have its name fully realized, nor the controller revealed. Dev kits weren't even created, and the game wasn't even in development at that time, so they couldn't announce a release date at all anyway.

True Fool

Smash Ace
If they have nothing for the next holiday season, it could definately get pushed back to December, or if we're just a little luckier, November.

I really hope Sakurai doesn't let them push around the release date anymore, I'll be f*cking bored out of my mind if I have to wait ANOTHER year. F*ck you Nintendo, you and your obnoxious marketing garbage. I'd rather Mario Galaxy be cancelled than push Brawl back even a day.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
And, crazy as it may sounds, perhaps they WERE going to release it December 3rd and ran into some technical glitches they knew they wouldn't have fixed by then? Case in point, two glitches found in the E for All demo: the Metaknight 999% damage glitch that happened a few times (there's a video in the E for All video thread that actually has this glitch recorded) and, from what I heard, the Giga Bowser freeze glitch that caused the game to freeze if Giga Bowser was taunting right before he reverted to regular Bowser.
That is the most logical answer. Well, that they were trying to fix technical difficulties, like bugs, glitches, online issues (I hope with this extra month and a half, they fix the online lagging thing in the wi-fi dojo update), and refining characters/stages. Mostly just technical difficulties probably though.

Even then, I'd much rather get the game February 10th, absolutely perfect for me to enjoy for years to come, instead of getting it December 3rd, and having a long list of technical issues that kills the fun for me, and/or the characters not being as balanced as they could be. *COUGH*WARHAWK*COUGH*

If they push it back how long before the updates tell us everything about the game? Will they stop them? Or maybe we'll get updates like "Now you can still press and hold B to exit menus !"
Brawl is significantly larger than Melee, and they still have more characters, stages, game modes, features, and of course, ITEMS to update us with. We've had barely any item updates. And remember, Sakurai is the master of boring small updates. He could just give us stuff like the "HEY! CRATES SLIDE AROUND!" update for 2 months if he wanted (lol that was the worst update ever -_-)

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
relax the reason why they delayed brawl is so that MaS olypic games makes more holiday sales, brawl will make plenty of sales no matter when they release it....

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
The drugs that I am on are called Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

You should try em, man!
Oh no wonder. My mistake. You're not on drugs! You just have horrible taste in video games.

relax the reason why they delayed brawl is so that MaS olypic games makes more holiday sales, brawl will make plenty of sales no matter when they release it....
Yay being homeschooled! I will have free time.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh no wonder. My mistake. You're not on drugs! You just have horrible taste in video games.
FAILURE!

Never insult two of the greatest games ever in front of me ever again=njk.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind if lets say Brawl got pushed back another month so our European and Australian neighbors got it at the same time. Especially so Japan won't get the d**n game first! I hate it when Japan gets games first with a passion. So ya, Sakurai should take up Kojima's cooler policies. Kojima's release date policies > Sakurai's release date policies.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
FAILURE!

Never insult two of the greatest games ever in front of me ever again=njk.
No. You're a failure. Twilight Princess is the epic successor to Ocarina of Time, the perfect game. Wind Waker and Majora's mask are the down-syndrome impaired ******* of the Zelda universe compared to TP and Ocarina of Time. Get over yourself

Now back to Brawl.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind if lets say Brawl got pushed back another month so our European and Australian neighbors got it at the same time.
If it got delayed again, it would be for production problems, obviously, meaning ALL the releases would be pushed back, including Europe's.

Especially so Japan won't get the d**n game first!
They always do. Duh.

Just be happy come January 24th, you can find YouTube videos of the game everywhere.

I

i8waffles612

Feb. 10 2008.

I doubt they will change the release date again.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
wow whoever did the blue and black letter background.... couldnt read that at all ...bad choice..... but i think it will be feb 10th 08

Top Bottom