• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's Your Job?

Sandy

Smash Champion
I work at Taco Bell. And no I haven't been a victim of
fire in the hole
I get free drinks and i get food at half price. So fellow smashers, what do you do for a job?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i work at wendys...i get free drinks and food half price as well...but no one really pays for the food...we just take it...i'm cool with like..all the managers..so they'll tell me tp pay for it...but i'll just take thw food anyway for free...im OG status when i work at wendy's...lol...peace

-hiroshi

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Cashier. I scan things. I do small talk. I call for price checks. Yup, that's me.

Been trying to get a job at HMV (that's a record store chain in Canada, Europe and Australia) for awhile now. I think the manager likes me, but there aren't any openings.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I work at a computer lab. I sit in the back (or front on slow days) of the lab and read books, newspapers, and homework. People rarely ask questions since it's college and being computer illiterate is pretty much impossible. Great job for $6.25 an hour.

I work as an independent contractor for Graphic Design. Two of my clients (my only two) are from my mom's office. They are doctors and give me A LOT to spend which is great on my first job and allows me a lot of freedom. They bought Adobe Creative Suite 2.3 for me without question and I make $15 an hour. Not too bad.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I work operations at Best Buy. Operations is what they like to call Cashiers.

I stand around all day, scan about 20 things every half hour, and get annoyed by some kid with the nastiest acne I've ever seen.

I get paid $7.73 an hour--which is great for doing nothing. Plus, the minimum waige here is somewhere along the lines of $5.50.

I get everything in the store at cost + 5%.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm a tutor. I tutor a freshman at my highschool (I'm a senior).

It's a **** nice job, 'cause it's not like it's tutoring for all subjects and life in general. Kid's a little rebellious, so we sometimes just sit and talk the entire day about things. Philosophy, punk rock, anarchy, government, music...it's great. Some days we even play Smash.

Get paid 10 bucks an hour, for about 6 hours a week (give or take).

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I've just got a new job @ Bloomingdale(it's one of Holland's biggest beach clubs). I help out in the kitchen over there(preparing everything so the chef can do his work). It's not very easy actually, it's pretty demanding(or at least, my first 3 days were). I now make 4 euros an hour but if I do well my first month, it'll go up to 4,50 (jeeeeh). I've worked a total of 27 hours the last 3 days, so I made 108 euros which isn't very bad I guess.

Btw, next school year I'll aim for tutor too(I've got a talent for exact classes)

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
I worked at Wendy's for a long time making $6.50 an hour, then I worked at a factory for a long time making $11.25 an hour, then I got recommended for a job by a friend on Disney On Ice. Me and two other friends flew down to Florida and got hired in as vendors (the people that walk around the stands before the shows and at intermission). We sold popcorn, sno cones, and show lights (first popcorn, then sno cones, then show lights.. show lights being the best money maker).

Pay there was awesome. We got paid commission, so it was 10% of whatever we sold. In big cities I made around $1000 a week, in decent cities I made $500 - $700 a week. Bad cities were around $200 - $300 a week. Free housing (in hotels - they actually charged $20 a week for that, but my operator paid for that). We were in a different city every week. If the next city was over 200 miles away or something (can't remember exact distance), we flew, if not, we took a bus. We stayed in the same hotel as the skaters, and they were all really cool (and hot.. omg.. Tinkerbell? Blonde Russian chick.. *drool* :p) We were frequently drunk.

The downsides to this job? You live with the people you work with, never leave your job basically, work 16-18+ hour days, lots of free labor on the side including unloading our crap from trucks and loading it back on, always packing up and going each week, living out of a suitcase, worrying about leaving something behind or things being stolen, etc.

I quit that job recently, and I've since been unemployed. I'm working towards joining the Air Force; getting back in shape, studying, all that jazz.

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
Haha radioshack screwed me over once. But that's a nice store. I dunno how much they pay off the bat. But they do pay nicely for commission.

I used to get paid $10 for half an hour to teach violin. Gathered up some nice dough workin w/ about 6-7 students twice a week (only 7-8 hours for $140 a week). Then this little thing called college drained all my funds.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Sophomore student starting August 27th. I'll be getting a job once I turn 16. (April 10th).

HeadISBAgent

Smash Apprentice
Working at my summer job at Novartis curing colon cancer. I'm studying one compound that has 1 out of a million chance (quite literally) of making it through the decade long screening process and becoming a drug.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Working at my summer job at Novartis curing colon cancer. I'm studying one compound that has 1 out of a million chance (quite literally) of making it through the decade long screening process and becoming a drug.
Ah, that's pretty cool. I did an internship at a pharmaceutical company (Boehringer-Ingelheim) two summers ago, so I'm familiar with the whole drug-making business. It really makes you appreciate it.

Anyway, I don't really work. I volunteer at my town's ambulance garage (I'm an EMT). It's an all-volunteer ambulance corps. When school starts later this month, I'll come back home every few weeks to put in a few hours.
I'll probably get an actual job (one that pays money) next summer.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I work at Panera Bread. 7.85 an hour. Not too bad of a job. I get free food and drinks.

I used to work at Abercrombie which was awesome cause there were always hot girls to talk to .. but 6.85 an hour wasn't enough. Though that was nice pay for standing around and talking the whole time.

Then working at this place called Mimi's Cafe sucked. I will never be a host again.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I work part time at Tim Hortons. I currently get paid $8.25/hour but next month I get a raise for working there for a year so I get $8.45 next month.

I get the following items 100% free: Hot drinks (Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Hot Apple Cider, English Toffee etc.), Donuts (any type w00t), timbits (again, any type). Everything else is 25% off but I never pay for it, I just take the food because everyone else who works there takes everything for free. the managers dont really care.

Mmmmmm Iced Capp.

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
I am a defender of freedom. I fight for the right of every man. I am the tip of the spear. I am the few, the proud.

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Lets see, I'm a tuba instructor, tennis coach, professional musician, recording technician, and sound engineer. *dies from overload*

Oh, and a student.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I work as an Intern for my uncle who is the director of technology for a K-12 school. It only pays $7 an hour, which I think is low, but its mostly boring computer work and lots of sitting around. It changes a lot, and I can listen to my mp3 player so those are the only real pluses.

Sugoi

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I wan't a job.

What age should I start working? What do you reccomend?
How old are you now because I started my first job at 15 and do you have any type of work experience? If not you should look into Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, ect since they tend to hire the younger less experienced crowd, atleast they do around my area.

Top Bottom