• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite songs in brawl ??

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Wow it's been a long time since I have heard the original. I just went and listened to both and the Brawl one seems to be more... slow-paced and softer. That isn't the first time I have considered a Brawl song to be slow-paced and softer though. That just goes back into that whole "Some songs sound better on their own game and would not fit in with Brawl." I can't really imagine the original fitting in with the other musics.

Gatlin

Hah really? That is one of my favorites. Fountain of Dreams is nice, it is like the orchestrated version of Gourmet Race.

Gatlin

My point. I don't like the Metal style they chose for 'Race'. I find the orchestrated 'Fountain' version much more... Invigorating.
Yeah, I respect that. It really depends on the kind of mood I am in to determine the "level" of music I am wanting. In most cases, I would go for more of the relaxed musics like Star Wolf (Assault), Fountain, Bramble Blast, and sometimes even Wii Sports, 'sometimes'.

It also kind of depends if I am just doing a quick match as opposed to a long, practice match. In a quick match, soothing musics won't really... "soothe" me, seeing as the match will be over too quick (most likely.) I am all out on choosing the calmer songs or versions on practices as the fast-paced songs definitely start delivering a headache after a while :p

Gatlin

Oh And i forgot about Coneria!;)
Do you prefer the Brawl-version or the original SNES version of Corneria? This is actually one of the tracks I had in mind when I said "some tracks out-do their predecessors." The original was good, but I believe the Brawl-version is better. I feel that way about 'most' of the Star Fox songs, as well.

Fun story. The original Corneria theme from Star Fox was probably the first video game song I ever wanted to actually own as a single so I could listen too it over and over again. Now... this is WAY before the internet was an all encompassing song ripping machine. Fortunately , as a Nintendo Power subscriber I periodically got a catalog full of loot I could order from. And Nintendo Power gave us subscribers several dollars worth of coupons every year to blow on it. For a while there was an item, the PLAY IT LOUD CD Soundtrack, which included a number of tracks from various SNES games including Link to the Past and Star Fox. So I jumped on that with both feet. I had saved up like 20 bucks worth of NP coupons by that point so all I had to do was pay shipping. But my parents were the sort that really didn't like me spending any money unsupervised, so I had to make an excuse to go to the post office and get a money order to mail out.

Unfortunately my parents were the first to receive my package in the mail, and were pretty pissed I was 'spending money' without telling them. So they immediately confiscated my PLAY IT LOUD disc. Much to my annoyance. After several months I got it back. And played the hell out of the Corneria theme.

But my point is, after that whole adventure, the Brawl cover is I feel superior to the original. Its got a little more oomph to it to make it just a great techno track in general.

Delta-RS

Smash Cadet
Up and Up.
The Original is not bad but Brawl gives it more power to the music. Kind like bramble blast exept
the original is more sadder.

Gatlin

Fun story. The original Corneria theme from Star Fox was probably the first video game song I ever wanted to actually own as a single so I could listen too it over and over again. Now... this is WAY before the internet was an all encompassing song ripping machine. Fortunately , as a Nintendo Power subscriber I periodically got a catalog full of loot I could order from. And Nintendo Power gave us subscribers several dollars worth of coupons every year to blow on it. For a while there was an item, the PLAY IT LOUD CD Soundtrack, which included a number of tracks from various SNES games including Link to the Past and Star Fox. So I jumped on that with both feet. I had saved up like 20 bucks worth of NP coupons by that point so all I had to do was pay shipping. But my parents were the sort that really didn't like me spending any money unsupervised, so I had to make an excuse to go to the post office and get a money order to mail out.

Unfortunately my parents were the first to receive my package in the mail, and were pretty pissed I was 'spending money' without telling them. So they immediately confiscated my PLAY IT LOUD disc. Much to my annoyance. After several months I got it back. And played the hell out of the Corneria theme.
Hehe, sorry that happened. My parents always seemed to get the mail before me, especially when report cards were sent out :skull: At least you got it back though!

The Last Great Adventurer said:
But my point is, after that whole adventure, the Brawl cover is I feel superior to the original. Its got a little more oomph to it to make it just a great techno track in general.
Delta-RS said:
Up and Up.
The Original is not bad but Brawl gives it more power to the music. Kind like bramble blast exept
the original is more sadder.
TimeTemporal said:
New Corneria is good, it does barrel-rolls around the original.
Agreed

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm gonna try the factory, because I need some more tracks. I also realized that I'm missing "You Call This A Utopia?" and also the "Love" theme. Man, Brawl has way too much music!

I think I'm gonna try the factory, because I need some more tracks. I also realized that I'm missing "You Call This A Utopia?" and also the "Love" theme. Man, Brawl has way too much music!
And there are a ton of deleted tracks you can only hear with a game-ripped music dump soundtrack.

Fortunately finding a torrent isn't too hard.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
You know what is funny about stickers is I have had my save since the game came out and I've farmed stickers countless times and I still can't get the last sticker I need to get all 700 sticker which will get the final trophy I need to have all 544 trophies.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Hmm... i just remebered you can do CD factories on fast special brawl... could speed things up a lot...

Gatlin

Lol.
Can someone explain this "CD Factory" thing to me? I think I might know what it is, but I would like verification.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Lol.
Can someone explain this "CD Factory" thing to me? I think I might know what it is, but I would like verification.
You basically make a stage with the moving platforms moving towards each other and turn on Sandbags and put it on "high." Then go to Special Brawl and put the speed to high. The Sandbags will never fail off the stage if you keep Usmashing them. Link is best for that. With the speed on high CDs and Stickers will appearing much quicker.

Gatlin

You basically make a stage with the moving platforms moving towards each other and turn on Sandbags and put it on "high." Then go to Special Brawl and put the speed to high. The Sandbags will never fail off the stage if you keep Usmashing them. Link is best for that. With the speed on high CDs and Stickers will appearing much quicker.
Ah, I thought it was something like that. Thanks, I am missing a few CDs and tons of stickers, this should help :p

FIREL

Smash Ace
The most basic Design is:

>>

Z<<<<

<< / >> = conveyor + direction
Z = ice block

Though, there are many other designs. You can look up other designs on youtube.

Gatlin

Mmm, thanks for the "CD Factory" technique guys, I got 5 new tracks last night :p

Top Bottom