• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the point...?

jivegamer

Smash Cadet
It was an example. :embarrass

It would make ME happy having a wife and children. Or can I only use universal statements and not my own wishes as examples? >_>
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off like a jerk :(
It's perfectly legitimate, yes.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'm in college...I'm doing well, but I haven't decided on a career yet. It frustrates me, considering I've spent 2 years here. lol I have a 3.8 GPA and I have a part-time job in this tough economy in one of the toughest cities to find a job in, so I'm thankful for that.

I'm not sure what I want to do yet, but I do realize that life is too short, and I want to do something great with it. I don't just want to get married, have kids, and watch football every weekend. I'm searching for that reason and just enjoying life as much as I can right now and improving myself when I can. Working out, being as good as I can be at Brawl, doing good in school, doing a good job at work, and being there for my friends are my main priorities right now.

D

Deleted member

I always thought the point of life was to have a good time. Make it a fun ride. Be crazy. Be spontaneous. You only live once.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
I always thought the point of life was to have a good time. Make it a fun ride. Be crazy. Be spontaneous. You only live once.
That depends on the person. Being fun and outgoing is good, but you can't go overboard and end up going down a path of self-destruction.

As to going to school, you should, and make living in a limited lifetime worthwhile by accomplishing your goals.

Cross.

Smash Ace
meh, personally me I have begun thinking about the same thing, what really is the point of doing things such as school if they truly dont make u happy. I feel that as long as ur happy in life, ur ok. Doesnt matter if ur a failure to anyone else.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
meh, personally me I have begun thinking about the same thing, what really is the point of doing things such as school if they truly dont make u happy. I feel that as long as ur happy in life, ur ok. Doesnt matter if ur a failure to anyone else.
I assume the average guy would feel ashamed if others saw him as a failure. To some extent, it's important for us to meet others' expectations. I think most people need to feel proud to be happy.

School offers opportunities to do things you like and achieve your goals. It takes a lifetime to learn what you need to be happy. Until then, it's best to open up opportunities rather than commit yourself to a pursuit you aren't sure of.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Money brings momentary pleasure, but it will not last.
this coming from the guy whose name is cash

With money, you will be able to live in a good neighborhood, have a nice home for kids to grow up, have a nice life, etc. The whole point of human life is to reproduce.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
My name doesn't justify my beliefs... I always thought CA$H was cool, so I chose that to be my gamertag. As for working hard in school, I guess you should because you don't wanna live on the street, I guess.

Top Bottom