• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the funniest thing somebody has said to you about Smash?

Lus146

Smash Cadet
Somebody who had no clue what they're talking about. This one time the really annoying kid at my school, who doesn't even have smash 4, said "Little Mac is probably the best character in the game because he is interesting compared to other characters." It was hard for me to restrain at that point.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
The funniest thing regarding Smash someone has said to me is that I should actually play this game for fun instead of doing tournament style matches often.

Cause y'know, if I wasn't having fun at all I'd totally be playing Smash like that, right?

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
It's a kid's game. Wouldn't you rather play Call of Duty?

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
The funniest thing regarding Smash someone has said to me is that I should actually play this game for fun instead of doing tournament style matches often.

Cause y'know, if I wasn't having fun at all I'd totally be playing Smash like that, right?
I hate this so much. For some reason, people have a hard time understanding that competitive play and fun CAN co-exist.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I have this friend who spams pit side-B

Him: *Side B*
Me: *Fully charge smash punished*
Me: Like a book
Him: but there aren't any words...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"Super Smash bros is a complex fighting game with a wonderful competitive scene"

CedricParker90

Smash Rookie
NNID
cvs2013
Once my friend starting telling me that PLAYSTATION ALLSTARS was better than SMASH in general. It ended with me and 4 other dudes laughing for 15 mins straight lol

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
i know my best friend says this just to piss me off after I destroy him, but anyways ... Super Smash Brothers is poorly programed

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
The **** does he know about programming? Or does he mean design?
Nope, the actual programming. If he presses a certain input and it doesn't register ... its the programmings fault not his own! But he actually enjoy the game so I know he doesn't mean it... he just says it every time it beat him.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
"Oh my God, Tails is in Smash!!!11" - Myself
"This game takes too long" -Dad
"Your mom picks quite a overpowered (Brawl Ganondorf) character to play with you" - A friend
"Oh, if you already have the Special Attacks this game is too easy" -The Priest of my school

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
At a GameStop, there was a Wii U with Smash right next to the amiibos. Two small kids go up to the WiiU and see (i think) Rosalina on the CSS. They go "i wanna play as rapunzel! i bet she fights with her hair!" They then put a Peach amiibo up to the screen, say "it's broken" and continue looking around the store.

Freakin adorable.

Last edited:

TheRetroBitGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheRetroBitGamer
"Nah man Smash Bros is that wack Nintendo kiddy ****. You should've gotten Battlefield or Destiny"
- The most infuriating rich douche mollycoddled by his parents and thinks he's the coolest

I laughed at him and he asked if I still like playing on my "little wii wii" as a comeback

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
A friend and I were playing a few days ago when my sister comes over, sees us playing, and then asks, "Why do you think this is more fun than Dark Souls?"
I told her, "Because it's an awesome fighting game with awesome characters."
She replies, "Dark Souls has fighting in it..."

I don't think I've ever face-palmed harder in my entire life.

D

Deleted member 269706

"Competitive Smash Bros is gonna die."
"No one can beat MY Little Mac."
"Dark Pit is my favorite character."

Personal Favorites ~

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
"Olimar is the worst character in the game. He's garbage and useless."
"Lucario is just a clone of Mewtwo."
"Kirby's hammer is BS."

ryunovanter

Smash Rookie
"Olimar is the worst character in the game. He's garbage and useless."
"Lucario is just a clone of Mewtwo."
"Kirby's hammer is BS."
I agree with the falsivity of the Olimar quote. My brother is absolutely freaking disgusting with him. Some characters take some specialization to be effective with, you can't always pick characters up and win (exception of diddy pre-patch)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Random Classmate's interpretation of Smash Bros:
"Oh, Smash Bros. is like Super Mario Bros. and GTA!"

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
"So every character has their own game!?"

Accidentally posted twice.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Project M developer team are better than Sakurai and his team
Sakuari is bias
Smash tour is the best mode ever.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
"Smash games are just rehashes they are all the same"
"Smash 4 is defensive so it can't be competitive".
"Link is so broken".
"Removal of chain grabs was a horrible design choice".
"Why are you using a game cube controller when the Wii U Pro is better and is wireless".

I have gotten in the habit of just ignoring comments like these it is just not worth the headache.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Nope, the actual programming. If he presses a certain input and it doesn't register ... its the programmings fault not his own! But he actually enjoy the game so I know he doesn't mean it... he just says it every time it beat him.
Johning like it is 2001.

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
I have a friend with who I play smash with regularly at my home, but he himself only plays fifa and gta and shooters when he is at home or with others... He once said to me suddenly: 'Smash seems so easy to make, you just make some characters and give them some attacks, the animations look very easy to make. If you look at Fifa you can see all the detail they put into every new game and every game seem to have a lot of new things in comparison to smash...'

I couldn't speak for about 15 mins trying to say something that would make him understand how hard it is to make this game but I knew I couldn't convince him or anything...

Last edited:

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
"Geez, why is competitive smash so boring? No items and you pick the boring stages like FD, why not play on any of the cool stages*?"
"Dude Ganon needs to go he's way too OP, he can kill in like 2 hits and live forever"
"AUGH for glory is gross I always get stomped and i cant even play on a cool stage*."

*Mostly crap stages, but they did include both Town&City and Halberd in this list

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
"You should play the game the way Sakurai meant it to be played." Now granted they are one of my closest friends and it was a completely sarcastic statement but I have seen people take this stance.
Edit: also another one I just thought of was "items add strategy."

Last edited:
Top Bottom