• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGarbageMang

Smash Cadet
I mostly LOL at people who say things like, "That hit should have got you / that shouldve grabbed the ledge / I definitely dodged that" etc.

I always reply and tell them whatever just happened in the fight should have happened exactly as it did since the game is just displaying the outcome of how it's programming calculated the effects of our inputs. If you think your Ganon "should have definitely caught the ledge there" and that the game somehow messed up you are just straight up wrong and can only put the blame on yourself for not understanding Ganons recovery mechanics enough.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Spear Pillar

The stage is composed of two areas; a sort of holy ground above and a cavelike structure below.

Naturally you can expect appearances from none other than Dialga and Palkia!!

When you enter the stage, you may notice a slight bluish or purplish tint to the scenery. This coloring, which indicates the Diamond or Pearl versions of the stage, is decided at random each time you play.

The former color indicates Dialga will appear, while the latter color scheme heralds the coming of Palkia.

Each of these Pokémon cause different effects to occur on the stage.​

-The floor is crumbling away!

-A laser beam crashes down from the sky!

-The beam rips right through the cave!

-The whole stage just tilted sideways!! It’s just an illusion—don’t be fooled!

-Everything’s been flipped upside down!! But it’s all an illusion! An illusion, I tell you!!

-Now the whole fight’s in slow motion. Perhaps someone’s manipulating time?

Hmm, those are some supernatural effects. One should expect nothing less from these Legendary Pokémon.

You can also expect guest appearances by Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf.

Additionally, aside from Dialga and Palkia you might occasionally see another Pokémon pop up.​

-Could that be...Cresselia?!

-------Im glad to help :chuckle:

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Spear Pillar

The stage is composed of two areas; a sort of holy ground above and a cavelike structure below.

Naturally you can expect appearances from none other than Dialga and Palkia!!

When you enter the stage, you may notice a slight bluish or purplish tint to the scenery. This coloring, which indicates the Diamond or Pearl versions of the stage, is decided at random each time you play.

The former color indicates Dialga will appear, while the latter color scheme heralds the coming of Palkia.

Each of these Pokémon cause different effects to occur on the stage.​

-The floor is crumbling away!

-A laser beam crashes down from the sky!

-The beam rips right through the cave!

-The whole stage just tilted sideways!! It’s just an illusion—don’t be fooled!

-Everything’s been flipped upside down!! But it’s all an illusion! An illusion, I tell you!!

-Now the whole fight’s in slow motion. Perhaps someone’s manipulating time?

Hmm, those are some supernatural effects. One should expect nothing less from these Legendary Pokémon.

You can also expect guest appearances by Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf.

Additionally, aside from Dialga and Palkia you might occasionally see another Pokémon pop up.​

-Could that be...Cresselia?!
thaaaaank you! (^^)v

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
These were all said by the same friend...

"Dark Toon Link looks really stupid."

"No one's gonna play Link anymore, 'cause Toon Link has all the advantages and Link has nothing better." (Or something to that effect...)

"It sucks that Toon Link is in; why couldn't they have just made a TP version of Young Link?"

"I hate Final Destination. It requires no skill or adaptation."

I guess I should explain that one. We were talking about FD and Battlefield. He was going on about how BF is so much better than FD 'cause so many characters can use platforms to their advantage and FD doesn't have 'em. "Part of why good players are good is because they know how to use platforms," he said. I replied, "Well, another part of being good is adapting to your stage." He says: "Yeah, but FD requires no adaptation. It's completely skill-less." After which I just let it go and @$$-pwned him. As usual.

And last but not least...

"Items actually do require a lot of skill to use."

And the sad part is...he's the best Smasher I know.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
This... "Melee is a lot better than brawl because it has wavedashing" and "wavedashing is not a cheap move" and that "I wont buy this game cause megaman is not in it and it has more clones than the last game' lol

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
This... "Melee is a lot better than brawl because it has wavedashing" and "wavedashing is not a cheap move"
The first one's right, but I'm afraid you're wrong on the second...wavedashing isn't a cheap move. Just 'cause you can't WD doesn't mean it's cheap.

the 2nd one is very true about being completely fair but brawl will be a great game for sure
WHAAAT? Really? WDing isn't cheap!

Patinator

Smash Champion
Ignore the scrubs, Twilight Hero... They'll never understand. :evil:

But still, Brawl being bad because it lacks L-Canceling and Wavedashing ranks up there with "tires don exits". Seriously.

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
Playing as Marth:

"All you do is FORWARD SMASH! You have no skill at all"

Duh.
I've recently been playing Marth and ONLY using f-smash. I recover any way I want, but the only attack I use is f-smash. It takes a surprising amount of restraint to refrain from using other moves.

It actually takes a surprising amount of skill, which is actually just a little more than none at all.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
After finally playing it today, I'd have to say:

"Brawl is better than Melee in every way"

I like Brawl, but A) We over-hyped it here at Smashboards and B) Everyway?.

I only played twice (as my Melee main Luigi and King Dedede), but as far as competition is concerned, Melee is definitely way more competitive now than Brawl will ever hope to be and will have less 12 year olds at tourneys.

First impression opinions, remember.

D

Deleted member

"You can unlock Shadow." Not the exact quote, but doesn't matter. What makes it really dumb is that Sonic was already revealed on the DOJO!! In the newcomer section.:laugh:

Yokipi

Smash Cadet
After finally playing it today, I'd have to say:

"Brawl is better than Melee in every way"

I like Brawl, but A) We over-hyped it here at Smashboards and B) Everyway?.

I only played twice (as my Melee main Luigi and King Dedede), but as far as competition is concerned, Melee is definitely way more competitive now than Brawl will ever hope to be and will have less 12 year olds at tourneys.

First impression opinions, remember.
Why do people continue to compare Brawl to Melee? It's an entirely different game! It might be a sequel with the same basic gameplay, but you can't expect to play it the exact same way. People need to get used to accepting change, and adapt to what they get instead of complaining about the game.

Anyways, this quote if from me about a year ago. XD "Wavedashing is overrated. Who needs L-cancelling and Wavedashing when you can spam your B moves?" Yay for noobiness.

Sliq

Smash Master
Items should be on for tournament play. Gets me every time! X D

Grandeza

Smash Master
My friend (Speedy Sonic Toon Lucario Trainer) who most of you know as the nuisance with the name that stretches the page, thinks he's a good liar. He expects me to believe koopa, yes the generic enemy, is a playable character in melee. He conveniently had his data erased and is too lazy to unlock him again. My other friend who is also dumb at times says if your a pro or say your the best, you should be able to play on all stages with all items. It's dumb, I know.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
BRILLIANT!
off topic i apologize: Tino....does yur s/n come from the Song with the same name from the game "Pop'n Music"?

My friend (Speedy Sonic Toon Lucario Trainer) who most of you know as the nuisance with the name that stretches the page, thinks he's a good liar. He expects me to believe koopa, yes the generic enemy, is a playable character in melee. He conveniently had his data erased and is too lazy to unlock him again. My other friend who is also dumb at times says if your a pro or say your the best, you should be able to play on all stages with all items. It's dumb, I know.
well technically if u count Bowser using his original name (Koopa) when u change the language to Japanese in Melee thats tru XDDD...but im guessing in what yur saying he was orginally talking about Koopa troopa?

Patinator

Smash Champion
I wish people could stop calling each other names. Tourney***, casual ***, what have you. Can't we all get along?! D:

But as usual, what do I know. We SHOULD kill each other over how we like to play a video game.

(I LOL'd at Tino's post. :laugh: )

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
PROTIP: People who use the word f@g without the @ but with an "a" are people from 4chan, the cesspool of the internet.

Let them be. They're all idiots.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
"You beat me!?.....you suck...
~My brother

"What's a mindgame....does it make me smarter.."
~My 5 year old brother
yur first one ...that really not a dumb thing to say about smash..

and the one from yur 5 yr old brother....dude...c'mon...He's 5...FIIIVE....like any 5 yr old would kno what mindgame is XDDDDDDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom