• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacecadet

Smash Cadet
"It's because they have swords, watch I'll use a sword and beat them" someone a friend of mine and I played, and beat every time.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i have a new quote to add here.
i recently played my friend who doesnt wavedash.

"u know wavedashing ruins the point of playing this game. i mean u even said it urself its a cheat. (lol at that one, i told him it was a glitch)"
"well if its a glitch then it shouldnt be used right?"

johns about wavedashing are just silly.
i try to explain its not the wavedashing that allows me to win. they complain about my waveshine combos. lol, too bad my friend doesnt know about aniki.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Same with me, I wavedash and shine (with falco) against my friends fox... He always say's "Fox is faster, why can't I hit you...AND, how do you keep getting out of you're drill so fast!"

homsar

Smash Ace
i have a new quote to add here.
i recently played my friend who doesnt wavedash.

"u know wavedashing ruins the point of playing this game. i mean u even said it urself its a cheat. (lol at that one, i told him it was a glitch)"
"well if its a glitch then it shouldnt be used right?"

johns about wavedashing are just silly.
i try to explain its not the wavedashing that allows me to win. they complain about my waveshine combos. lol, too bad my friend doesnt know about aniki.
You do know that WDing is not a glitch right? We just exploit it in ways never intended. In the debug menu its known as the Wave Land Special.

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
I was playing Marth against my cousin. I did an upthrow>Fair>Fair>Fair>Dair combo and killed him off the side on Corneria. His complaint was:
"You're so cheap all you do is wavedash all the time!"

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
"That's not fair. You can't use that character"(Oh really.) "You have to be (insert character here)"
That one always happens. One particular case was when I was winning, match was cancelled.
"Never mind."

(Me teaching someone to L-Cancel)
Me: This is L-Canceling...*performs*
Person: ...What is?
Me: Press L or R before you hit the ground. Shortens your lag time...*does it again*
Person: *jumps and does aerial, doesn't L-Cancel* Umm. Kay. *stares at me like I'm an idiot.*(I should've used a character that was easier to distinguish how it worked) Never used it afterwards.

And lots of "That's not fair, rematch. You *insert something here*"

And once a "You suck at this game" *as I was winning*

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
The biggest n00b in my citty. He uses samus.

n00b:I reached my limit i know everything about this game and about samus , my fav char :D

No double bomb recovery , no wd , no missil cancel, no l-cancel, no di..

He also says that he can play with every character and win.

A friend of mine played againts him with dr mario and the lame samus got potatowned by his own reflected missiles.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
My friend though Sheik sucked and that there was no pro's who play as sheik. He's actually not a noob at the game he just didn't know... weird.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
You do know that WDing is not a glitch right? We just exploit it in ways never intended. In the debug menu its known as the Wave Land Special.
really?! ive heard from multiple people its a glitch and i also heard it was inputted in the game to make gameplay functional. and now i hear that its not a glitch. if its not a glitch then im happy, now i can tell my friends to shutup and quit being such sore losers.

friend : stop using it
me : wavedashing?
friend : its cheap. lol u need cheats to win

next round i beat him with my main younglink no wavedashing.
me : yea i tried not to wavedash that match
friend : yea....

homsar i liked ur G&w combo vid. i remember watching it awhile ago

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Here's a new one. Tryed to teach techniques to the same person, part 2.

Me: So, why don't you ever use this stuff? It's useful.
Person: Because. I don't like to think during SSBM.
Me: *nothing*(But...you have to think for everything in SSBM.)
Person: And it's pointless. "Wavedashing" or whatever you call it. I have to think about the buttons I'm pressing.
Me: Alright. (Ends topic here)

I

i8waffles612

My cousin playing as Kirby:

"Ok come over here so I can suck you up"

And my brother as everyone:

"NOOOO LET ME WIN!!!"

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
here is something:

friend of mine (1 month ago): man edgehitting is not cool, and the same goes for all of those "techniques" (actually does air quotes) that you use. They are just stupid......

Same friend (2 weeks later after last comment), and he plays as samus): (i am recovering falco upb, he wavedashes backward, turns around, then fsmashes me, i try again to recover this time with phantasm, he then sets a charge shot at me) "Oh yeah man, you know you really aren't that good compared to me."
Me: .........(utter silence, about to punch friend)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
^^^^
You need to be prepared for that!
(Back to subject) I was Facing someone and they smashed me off... This kid was Roy, charged up his sword at the end(thinking I won't recover)and I' m using Falco, use my reflector constantly to slow me down from falling he explodes and I Firebird and kill him...
He said,"Dude, that was cheating...(pause)You wouldn't be able to do that if I was Marth!"

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I heard a really funny quote just yesterday from a guy in my school.

"Man, Smash Bros. is so boring now, I beat it like a million times."

Sh0ckwave

Smash Journeyman
While wavedashing to downsmash every time he's open

"Cheap. The Ice Climbers weren't meant to move that fast for a reason. Because there's two of 'em."

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
^^^^ Sweat sig.
Another one my friend said was, "Dude, Final Destination is way too easy"(after he only kills Giga Bowser once)Then I play and beat it in less than 2 in a half minutes without using a life.His excuse to me,"dude you need training"

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
I think it was a Gamespot video review saying that the cons of SSBM was that

1) there r no health bars

2) You can't turn around in the air.

And that's why smash is bad.

lol

Sliq

Smash Master
I have people commenting on my year old Kirby videos claiming I know nothing about how to use Kirby because I kept losing to Kel's MARTH. Noobs are so entertaining because they have no grasp on the game, wand when you have been immersed in something so long, you learn a ****ton, and then they say something that you probably would have agreed with before you started playing competitively, and your like, "Uh WHA?".

When I won a match against Kel, via Kirbicide, someone posted, "It is about time you won with the best character in the game."

Rolleyes at noobs.

Mix

Smash Cadet
"Doc has the worst projectiles in the game" lol... very untrue
"Fox is faster than C. Falcon" Halarious!
"Mewtwo is the best since he is the best pokemon in the games" WOW FTW????

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
I heard that Mewtwo one before. And I heard this recently:
"People who use "advanced" techniques suck, they have to resort to pathetic glitches to win a tournament. You should only win and play by natural ability. I tried playing with this stuff and it makes me worse(insert a bunch of mad faces here)"
I just laughed and said, "Alright. Try playing in a tournament, or against a pro and try telling me that."

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
This all came from the same person on the same day.

'Fox is ****, all he does is shoot and kick!'
'Kirby is near the bottom of the tier list?'
'Stop jumping around like that and running away!'*
'I don't need to learn no fancy technique when I got the c-stick!'
'Meteor move? What's that?'
'How did Pichu kill Bowser so fast?'**

I felt so pitiful that I said something kinda reverse n00b-y: 'If you were better than me, you might win sometime.'

* - I am no pro (more a high class n00b, as in I got the knowledge and talent, but not a lot of skill yet.), I jump a lot and use quite a few aerial attacks before shielding and running away. Still beat him though.

** - Pichu >B

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
"Let's play in Icicle Mountain"

I then proceeded to take his 4 lives in 49s taking no damage.

I. Hate. Icicle. Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom