• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
Some idiot street fighter player at the last tourney I went to. Saying that smash takes nowhere near the skill it takes to play his fighters. :ohwell: Yea sure, having your combos done FOR you in super attacks is really skilled. ****in SF nubs. :chuckle:

Ghettoman

Smash Apprentice
This is actually not too long ago, but here's one from me.

Just my opinion and opinions of those I play with that C-Stick is cheap. Maybe it is not the general opinion of choice on this board, but it takes much more skill to land a hit, do a throw, whatever and combo that into a smash doing it the real way than just tapping up on the C-Stick. I am far from a super great player, and the video looked good and all. But it would be impossible to do a smash that fast after some other combo without the C-Stick.

Smash Master
The C-Stick does not yield results disproportionately greater than the required input skill.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
ok as mentioned before, try using the c-stick the whole time at the next tournament and tell me if its such an advantage of control sticking. there u have it.

ok i have another dumb quote to add to this thread, that i heard just today! its so rediculously stupid i just wanted to 4-stock this guy infinitively.
"wtf how are u doing ur attacks so close to the ground" (he means how am i doing an aerial so close to the ground) after i explained the physics of shorthopping he says
"omg quit jumping like that ur throwing me off its so cheap!"
"this is so cheap, dont u feel cheap after doing those gay shorthops?"

LMAO omfg such a noob but then again he doesnt play smash seriously, i dont think.
*does a wavedash away from his fsmash* "wtf was that! freaking gay"

Aiko

Smash Champion
This was me talking to a friend on msn.

me: So what is your general strategy against people?
him: My strategy is just to be plain vicious.
me: thats not a strategy, thats how you play the game! It's like saying, how do you plan to kill people?? by knocking them off the stage!

also, when i invited bloodbowler to my place and my friend was going to play him, I told him that bloodbowler mained peach. I found out the next day that my friend had spent all night fighting a lvl 9 peach >_>

SmashNinja02

Smash Cadet
@Ryaneatworld: I just copied it from someone, uploaded it and pasted it onto the sig.

Also another quote my friend said:

"Which are the attack buttons?"

I just couldn't help laughing.

Aiko

Smash Champion
eh thats not always possible :( I do play with a crew that half of them are better or of similar skill level to me, but when I'm at uni, the only people I can play with are 2 guys who are under my wing, learning advanced techs, and a n00b who isn't really all that bad but refuses to learn advance techniques (the guy who i spoke about 2 posts above).

on topic: he also said - I dont need to l-cancel. I'll learn it when I need to (and hes thinking of going to a tournament in april >_>)

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
This came from a 12 year old

"the last character you unlock is a peice of paper"

kids these day

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
oh i have a good one. this one noob thought it would be a great idea to make the dumbest thread ever. this noob thought he'd be cool or something and wasted alot of peoples time on smash boards this is wat he said:

Post a quote of a n00b saying something really stupid about SSBM. Here's mine.

"What did you say?Did you call me a n00b?I could destroy you!Who cares about those Baby Moves like Wave Dashing and junk!I could beat you with just simple attacks!"

:laugh:

Marth_Player_X2012

Smash Rookie
"I bet 5 bucks I can beat you with Sheik Fox Falco Captain Falcon and Marth."

"Dude those are like the worst characters in the game!"

Reese

Smash Journeyman
^^That is too much rofl.

I got a couple more quotes too : (My friend has is controller plugged in the third slot. The background on the charactor select screen for his slot is yellow.) "OMG I dont want to be yellow. I am always ****ing yellow. Who wants to play a charactor that is ****ing yellow ?! "

I once heard from a noob playing ic's - "grabbing is useless"

LHG

Smash Journeyman
There are 3 really bigs ones to me:

"We HAVE to play with items, Fox is an item user/character."

"I'm not gonna like the name "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" as much as SSBM because 'Melee' is a Japanese word."

"HEY NO GOALTENDING!" (In other words, they meant edgeguarding.)

Makes me laugh everytime.

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
Marth(my friend) vs Roy(me)

i dtilt->fair him a few times , then , Fsmash

He stops the game and says "FFS do u know to pilar with every fking char?"

Me14k

Smash Lord
I am meeting someone new at my school who plays smash.

Him: hey, who do you use
Me: Peach
Him: Peach is the cheapest character ever, like 80% of tournaments dont allow peach because of her awsome recovery.

Ok. Ill admit, peach is a bit cheap, but not because of recovery..its cause of stitch face, Float cancel, and broken D smash.

lol and peach-excluded tournys...

Superstar

Smash Champion
I met someone who thought dashdancing was useless., of course, that's because I never tried dashdancing before, so I could not use it right. Just because something was not used right against him, he thought it was useless.

I remember when I first picked up Samus, I could not missle properly. I think he said that I should not ever use them, was a long time ago. When I fought with him again, I was double missling, missle cancelling, bomb recovering, that stuff. He thought he could cape them like he did before, but it just got him into trouble., with me jumping over the missle and attacking.

However, he did not care. He said he did not want to play because I was "indecisive with my character choices". I only use 4, Mario, Samus, Link, and Fox, in that order of expertise, best to worst [I cannot control Fox well, often suiciding]. I had to play free for all items fests with him in order to get him to play. I never picked up an item on purpose, and I still kicked his butt.

Oh yeah, also, I was fighting my brother's JigglyPuff, and I was "on" that day. I remember double backairs with Mario, bringing him to the edge, and my brother saying:

"You can't wall of pain a Jigglypuff, its just not done".

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
oh hey i got one i was trying to teach my friend how to do the wavedash and he accendantly pressed the sidestep dodge and then saids "isnt that the wave dash right here"

Banks

Smash Hero
oh hey i got one i was trying to teach my friend how to do the wavedash and he accendantly pressed the sidestep dodge and then saids "isnt that the wave dash right here"
yep thats pretty stupid..:ohwell:

too bad its an infinitely harder manuver that is only performed by mad pros, m i rite

Seison

Smash Journeyman
A buddy of mine outright REFUSES to participate in my city's tourneys because he thinks that playing with no items and playing on a stage that isn't random (in other words, one that has been agreed upon by the players) doesn't test your smash skill at all.

I try to explain to him that even though it might not be a valid measure of a players COMPLETE skill in smash, it is certainly a reliable one, because everyone is on the same playing field so-to-speak. Unfortunatly, he is unmovable on this issue...

Furthermore, everytime I bring it up, he goes on and on about how the one time he DID participate, he claimed third "with only a night of practice". As a result, he deems it an obvious fact that he is better than me and everyone else in the tourney, without having ever proved so.

Tell me! Where is the logic in that!?

Nophie

Smash Rookie
ok i got a quote about ssbm that someone actually said that will beat all 91 pages (if not already said didnt read em all)

"super smash bros sucks stop playing that suckass game

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
A buddy of mine outright REFUSES to participate in my city's tourneys because he thinks that playing with no items and playing on a stage that isn't random (in other words, one that has been agreed upon by the players) doesn't test your smash skill at all.

I try to explain to him that even though it might not be a valid measure of a players COMPLETE skill in smash, it is certainly a reliable one, because everyone is on the same playing field so-to-speak. Unfortunatly, he is unmovable on this issue...

Furthermore, everytime I bring it up, he goes on and on about how the one time he DID participate, he claimed third "with only a night of practice". As a result, he deems it an obvious fact that he is better than me and everyone else in the tourney, without having ever proved so.

Tell me! Where is the logic in that!?
That reminds me of whenever my friends beat me they "retire" as champion and refuse to play for the rest of the day. It's ridiculous, if you're truly better than someone you should always be able to prove time and time again. Not just quite and say "I won".

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
That reminds me of whenever my friends beat me they "retire" as champion and refuse to play for the rest of the day. It's ridiculous, if you're truly better than someone you should always be able to prove time and time again. Not just quite and say "I won".
I know. My brother does that way too much and he thinks he's all "big and bad". I just normally pwn him in something else :p

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
"I like fox because he's so fast and when people come to attack you, you can just blast off away from them."
"I can shine through the fox fire!"
"Kirby has 5 spikes."
"What's chain grab? Is it when Link and Ylink grab?"
"Zelgadis is the best fox in the world because he can shine through any upB."
"Why don't you pick something besides top tier?" <--- Why the hell would I do that? LoL.
"Nintendo meant to put in WD and all the other advance techniques."
"CGing is harder than the combos BS did on Ken." <--- Said by Hugs...
i can do all of those combos, but i cant CG :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom