• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
ROY LAST? Are you ****in ****tin me? Are you out of you rmutha ****in mind? Roy owns this **** game, he never dies so he doesn't have to recover. You are stupid. This tier List is bul****. Whoever made up this should be shot on site, dumb ****ing *******. Roy pwns all your *****, *****es.

you can find this at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=78593&page=38

you can c how i tried to help him, but me n da moderator posted at the same time lol

sin_the_warrior

Smash Rookie
Noob: Lets have the three of us on a team vs a level 9 bowser!
Me after 10 minutes of saying level 9's suck: okay ill play. let me make some adjustments <turns team attack on, picks jiggs>
now lets do this!
Noobs after being rested 4 times each: thats not fair!

plz note that i dont usually spam jiggs' rest only on special occasions do i even use rest at all.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i can remember a few...

'oh yeah? well i can get over 1000 feet in the home run contest!'

'why do you use zelda? she doesnt have any strong attacks!'

'well i bet you cant beat a level 9 computer!'

and one of my favorites...

'why do you always come after me?' -during a 1v1...

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
noob1: ur cheating ur hitting me with a bat and i cant run away from that fire attack!
me: it's meant to be like that
noob2: nooo! you can't hit me with that big bat! i flying!!!
(game freezez i put ar back in and set codes and play)
noob1:this time ur going to die because i will cheat and use b a lot *picks jiggly puff * game starts *
noob1: how come i cant burn you? he only rolls!

Razed

Smash Ace
*after I post an "I'll help you in SSBM" thread on other boards*

First post: "Wow, thanks for explaining the most uncomplex and basic game since Poke Snap"

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
"what you cant keep shooting!!! what you cheated you ran through me hey you can't catch on fire and run into me!!! you can't shoot those balls back to me (using super skope against shine shield) thats not fair (tiny melee) you cant be invincible on the rockets!!! ur just ducking and the blasters and they dont electo cute you!!!( uses pk thunder on rockets seve eral times tries to trick cpu to use b on the rockets) im going to check to see how ur not dead (jumps down and gets killed on blaster things)

Razed

Smash Ace
"what you cant keep shooting!!! what you cheated you ran through me hey you can't catch on fire and run into me!!! you can't shoot those balls back to me (using super skope against shine shield) thats not fair (tiny melee) you cant be invincible on the rockets!!! ur just ducking and the blasters and they dont electo cute you!!!( uses pk thunder on rockets seve eral times tries to trick cpu to use b on the rockets) im going to check to see how ur not dead (jumps down and gets killed on blaster things)

You, sir, have dumb friends.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Here are the most stupid *** things I've heard about Smash Bros from n00bs.

"This game is dumb"

"Marth is better than Roy"

"The day Roy lands on the top tier is the day Smash Ends."

"I don't really see the point of doing all that fancy, dashy ****."

"I can beat your Roy " - Lmfao @ this one.

"Why aren't there any Black Smashers?/ Because none of them really play games and really focus on sports, (such as basketball) and things of that nature" - I"m a black smashers you idiot.

"Do we have any Smashers in Africa?" - If you can't the aids, then no.

"Roy has the worst recovery time" - ... Have you been playing smash Bros lately?

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
Here are the most stupid *** things I've heard about Smash Bros from n00bs.

"This game is dumb"

"Marth is better than Roy"

"The day Roy lands on the top tier is the day Smash Ends."

"I don't really see the point of doing all that fancy, dashy ****."

"I can beat your Roy " - Lmfao @ this one.

"Why aren't there any Black Smashers?/ Because none of them really play games and really focus on sports, (such as basketball) and things of that nature" - I"m a black smashers you idiot.

"Do we have any Smashers in Africa?" - If you can't the aids, then no.

"Roy has the worst recovery time" - ... Have you been playing smash Bros lately?
Marth is better than roy... a lot better, and Mood4Food isn't a noob

1o11oo1o11

Smash Apprentice
I once spiked somebody with Falco's D-Air. Some guy said, " Who ever is Falco... that was just plain cheap. You don't use Falco like that." I was like, "Yeah you do." Than he's like, " My ***! Only sissys do that!"

sin_the_warrior

Smash Rookie
I once spiked somebody with Falco's D-Air. Some guy said, " Who ever is Falco... that was just plain cheap. You don't use Falco like that." I was like, "Yeah you do." Than he's like, " My ***! Only sissys do that!"

lol, yes i know what your talking about but it sucks when you r playing newb who only uses falco falcon and ganon and only throws you off and spikes you for kills and then has the nerve to say he is better at smash

sagemoon

Smash Lord
"I can't come over today, I got grounded for beating my little sister at smash"

He was serious too... that makes this one that much more sad

"You only won because I was playing left handed"
"If marth didnt have a sword I would pwn him"
"Whats the difference between ganon and captain falcon"
"You suck cause you couldnt 4 stock me!" (after i 4 stocked him the last 3 matches)
"If you werent playing one handed and talking on the phone, I would have beat you that time"

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
n00b: Roy is the best, Marth sucks!!!!
me: actually Marth is better (goes into long explanation)
n00b: Roy is best, you'll see when I beat you 1 on 1
me: ok, we'll go to final destination, no items, 4 lives each
n00b: no, you're trying to set up the rules so you get an advantage, 10 lives, items on, random stage

the random stage turns out to be yoshi's story past stage, at the end he is around 130% damage with one life (I hadn't killed him yet because he learned to avoid my spike and got lucky with clouds). I have 9 lives, and having just died, am at 0% damage, and have used no items so far.

me: see, Marth is better
n00b: you will be defeated by the awesome might of Roy's B, because its the best move in the game

he starts charging his B, and a motion sensor bomb appears in front of me, so I pick it up and throw it in front of him, so it will kill him when he attacks.

n00b: ****!!!! ****!!!!! ****!!!!! BOOOOOOM!!!
Anouncer: GAME!! and the winner is.... MARTH
n00b: Just because you are better than me, it doesn't mean that you are right about Marth being better than Roy. You killed me so cheaply with those slidey moves (wavedashing and roll, he couldn't tell the difference) and your cheap smash, grab, and aerial attacks, oh yeah and it was cheap when I got the hammer and you countered and I died because I couldn't jump back on. I bet you would have done even better if you would have picked Roy, Marth is so weak, it takes you twice as many hits to kill me than Roy would have taken, Marth is so slightly faster than marth that it doesn't make any difference, Roy's sword is so much longer than Marth's, you only like Marth for his sissy hair, and you want to show off by being good with a bad character, bla bla bla bla bla.......
me: ....(walk away a little less confident in human intelligence)

Shieldkrusher

Smash Cadet
Here's a classic that comes from XBOX/PS fanboys:

"SSBM is so kiddy, look at that, no blood, no gore, nothing! It's just kiddy! It was made for little kids! Play a real fighter like Dead or Alive, not some kiddy BS!"

Yet, they fail to realize it (SSBM) is one of the most, if not THE most in-depth fighting game (sans the Street Fighter games), where-as most other fighters like DoA, Tekken, MK, etc. are just button-mashers that any 5 year old kid could win.

the problem

Smash Apprentice
Wrong names

I got the idea of this thread from "the dumbest things you heard a noob say", anyways....

What is the dumbest thing you heard a noob call a character? I've heard my cousin call samus metroid. I come back with saying "so should i call marth and roy fire emblem?"

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It's just like every Nintendo noob calling Link, Zelda.

I even did it myself, back in the days of my Nintendo noobhood. But hey-- I was five.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
My nephew, who had played the Starfox games, called Falco Starbird. I don't know why he'd do it, considering he'd beaten Starfox 64.

Razed

Smash Ace
No matter how many times he plays, my fried still calls C.F., Falco.
Luigi is known as the 'Green Queen'
My shiek is known as 'Dat stupid hoe with the needles'

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
lol

My friend calls Falco: "Tering Pino"

Tering is a Dutch curse word and Pino is famous in Holland, cause of "Sesamstraat"
that's a dutch television show for 5 yearold kids xD
There's a Blue Bird in it, so my Falco first was "Pino" and later on "Tering Pino" cause I was pwning him all the time lol.

My Pikachu is called: "Rot Muis met goedkope staart!"
translated it would be: "Stupid Mouse with cheap tail!"

lolz

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
n00b: I'm so good, I can beat 3 level 9's at on a team!!!

I watch him play 3 DK's at once in a time match using mewtwo, he is using the same move over and over, and the cpu's fall for it every time

n00b: Can you beat 3 level 9's at once?
me: I don't know, that's because when I fight cpu's, I only fight one or two so I can practice juggling, chain-grabs and other techniques.
n00b: what about when you're not using link, young link, or G&W?
me: *explains what chain grabbing and juggling are*
n00b: you're probably making that stuff up to make it seem like you're good, If you can't beat 3 level 9's at once, then I can beat you easily

I proceed to 4-stock him

n00b: you're cheating, stop doing that thing where smoke appears and you move fast, stop edge-hogging, and stop using marth's dair to kill me when I'm trying to get back on

I 4-stock him meeting his conditions, then 4-stock him around 15 more times, also meeting the above conditions, along with various other conditons he comes up with. After each time he makes an excuse for why he lost, here are some examples:

"I'm not good on that course" he even used this one after fighting on FD

"You got lucky with items" after this (about fourth match) I stopped using items

"I can't play good without them" when asked why he didn't just turn items off

"Mewtwo isn't good against marth" to which I replied "Mewtwo isn't good against anyone but pichu"

"I'm not good with any 'anti-marth' characters" (characters with many projectiles, like link and samus, by his definition) I don't know why he didn't consider Mewtwo anti-marth...

"you must be using some cheap marth-glitch that I am not noticing" after this and the above quotes, I am forced to use pichu (last 7 matches, why did I have to say that Mewtwo is only good agains pichu?!?!?)

"you must be modding, let me be player one, then I'll have the cheats!" I ask him "how am I modding if this isn't my gamecube?"

"you're cheating some-how, how do you move so fast after landing?!?!? and stop using the c-stick!!" I try to explain l-canceling, but he makes me stop doing it

he starts getting very angry/frustrated, and yells "I'D WIN IF I WAS BETTER THAN YOU!!!!" and storms off

phish-it

Smash Champion
"I'D WIN IF I WAS BETTER THAN YOU!!!!"
Hah, wouldn't everyone though?

It's really hard to imagine someone so arrogant in real life, seriously, I wouldn't even play with them if they continued to act like that.

taylorb9113

Smash Cadet
My dad is always calling chars by wrong names..

Falco - Falcon
Pichu - Pikachu
Kirby - Jigglypuff
IC's - The Twins
Ness - That stupid kid

Razed

Smash Ace
My dad is always calling chars by wrong names..

Haha!! You just reminded me of something!

Y'know after you finish, it says "GAME!" With an exclaimation mark? Well, my dad read it as "Camel" instead, so now whenever a game is finish, he announces "CAMEL!"

It actually does kinda look like it =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom