• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
a noob posted this on the google video topic. "lol those matches were in lightning melee right. i mean at least the ken, neo, and wife ones,"
i say:no they just use advanced techs and move fast
noob:"yea but ur character can only run so fast. they had to be playing on lightning melee"
and it just goes on and i finaly convninced him it was normal. but a classic noob quote.

choe

Smash Rookie
I went to a tourny and there were quite a few people making this complaint:

"People are using the c-stick, no one is allowed to use the c-stick! They're disqualified!"

Chitose

Smash Rookie
I used to main marth and my cousins (theres 3 of them youngest is 6 and the oldest is 10)

They all used to use different characters, until I kept beating them with marth (btw they know how to play but no idea about advanced techniques). They all chose Roy after that to try and beat me. Then the middle one said "Marth is better because he's cooler!"

I chose pichu instead just to see his reaction. After beating them all with pichu, they all immediately chose pichu and i asked them why.

Their answer was: "pichu's the best character in the game"

they couldn't even figure out that it was me who was better, not the character -_-

sin_the_warrior

Smash Rookie
okay how about this:
me and my friends get together on weekends to play friendly tournaments
just messing around my friend and his cousin start saying various things like "grabbing is for noobs" even though they grab, and "edgehogging is for noobs" even though they edgehog
Now the kicker:i knocked them out with shieks Fair and then edgehogged them then they got real mad and started yelling and screaming edgehogging is so stupid"
this caused me and my friends to roll around clasping our sides as he stormed out of the room.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
me: you can use up_b to get back up yourself you know.
n00b guest1: ok.
n00b guest2:look i saved myself
BOTH : (yelling out loud ) I SAVED MYSELF YAY
me:good for you now let me kill you
both n00bs: ok...wait no im ...your cheat'in
n00b guest1: fine *kills himself 5 times till he gets a "player 2 deafeted

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
no...how oh sorry i thought you would tell me.... wait its a quote sorry ...my sister knows how to speed up the attack with some kind of button sry i thought thats what u where saying 4 real

RaMbLeR

Smash Apprentice
ive heard so many people get confused between link and zelda <.<. I'm not a noob anymore, am getting into the smash community, so I can't say much else.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
me: ur not going to be on my team go with ur bro
n00b guest1: i dont want to he is cheating so we dont win by not fighting realy well
n00bguest 2: nu-uh im doing real good

noob guest 1: ur cheating cour using throwing
noob guest 2:stop hitting me
*i restar game and go to vs we select chars*
me: noob1 you can be on my team
noob1:ok
me: i will not help u though *match already started*
noob1:see you cheat'in
no...: *kills himself 4 times*
noob1: fine *attacks my witk team attack on*
me:hey why did you do that?
noob1:oops i did that on accedent
you mean you used all the combos that you know on me "by accedent"???
*i kill him myself and he steals a life i kill him (reapeat) my lives are gone exept one he gets mad and says "im cheating"while the other 3 people dissagree runs away and goes to bed (he is sleeping at my house)*

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm starting to get the feeling that this guy is a n00b but:
I was 1 vs 1 with him against his shiek (I am Samus). I CC everything that he did and followed it up with something and basically did that until he died. We did it another time, but this time he said I couldn't crouch cancel, so I shot tons of missiles until he was off and then meteor smashed him until I won. He threw the controller and screamed.
"F***ING Cheater!"

rob1610

Smash Rookie
I heard these kids in a games shop talking about Smash Bros. One was saying how he could easily beat the other, then the other said "I will win because I will use the bestest (yes he said that) person, Mario!"

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Oh my gosh.. Today after school, I went to a gaming store to go play melee.. I was better than all of the people there, and everyone knew it. This one guy got pwned by me like every match, and everytime I pwn him he complaints and says statements like, "That was gay, Stupid marth and the tip of his sword, and that marth is so annoying. When we were playing teams, he lost all of his lives, and he told his friend to kill one of the guys there that everyone knew I was better than (I was on his team), because I wasn't much of a threat... I ken comboed his friend and he said, "That's because Marth is so fast, and plus his sword is long and at the tip is makes you go fly faster." None of the people there could wavedash, or L-cancel. All they do is camp and dodge-roll. One of the people there was pretty good though, and was a good sport. <Only person that wasn't considered a noob

On Tuesday, I'm going to pwn him. And I'm going to record it and put it on Youtube.... Dumb noob.

RcAPeach4ever

Smash Rookie
lol, it looks familiar xD jejej, anyway... noob words:
"mewtwo is the best char in the game"
"mind game its useless"
and my favorite: " i dont make combo, i make consecutive hits" xD

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Generic Nob: "Oh my god! You can use up+b to grab teh ledge?"
Me: "yea, I've only been doing this the past thry games"
Generic: "What the? How am I supposed to grab the ledge if you're already on it? Explain that one."

He quite literally throws his controller out and leaves.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
On a question on how good one is on a scale from 1 to 10:

"Don't know all skillz (wavedash) but i'm at least 9/10"

And he was serious.

This is how the discussion ended:

"Really, I'm good! (at killing)

With skillz I then mean for example reflector, wavedash (difficult to do)
Wavedash am I good with now"

And he has only played against AI's...

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
noob1:THIS GAME IS TO HARD
me: no we are fighting a lvl1
noob2:nu-uh this is easy thats why i use the bestest harer guy
me:what do you mean your losing more than the lvl1
noobs:because you cheatin
me:no i am not they are simple attacks that will kill you
noob1:but your using you fist!!!

*throws controller goes away *
me:ur going to pay for that controler and next time you wont get to lose because ur banned from my gamecube
noob1: that games too hard and you and the computer are toohard and cheat :( :'( *pouts and runs away then gets scissors and cuts one of my computers headphone cords*
*next time he visits he says:* i'm not playing that hard game lets play "EASY GAME"

M Zero 00X

Smash Rookie
I don't know if these have been mentioned in the last 52 pages.. (sorry i didn't check).. but

"Link's UP + B is the best move in the game"

"Kirby's B move and jumping off the stage is really cheap."

M Zero 00X

Smash Rookie
right.. that's another one i thought of when i said that some things were "broken"

"some moves are broken? what's that? some moves are glitched?"

lawlz XD

Smash Master
Cheap: achieving results disproportiantely greater than the required input skill (Wobbling)

Broken: Improperly designed by the programmer/creator so as to produce inintended results, esp. referring to an uncounterable maneuver. (Akuma's fireballs)

Those defintions are just off the top of my head. They aren't official or anything. If anyone disagrees let me know. The words seem similar. If something is broken, then it is probably also cheap.

deadleather

Smash Apprentice
Cheap: achieving results disproportiantely greater than the required input skill (Wobbling)

Broken: Improperly designed by the programmer/creator so as to produce inintended results, esp. referring to an uncounterable maneuver. (Akuma's fireballs)

Those defintions are just off the top of my head. They aren't official or anything. If anyone disagrees let me know. The words seem similar. If something is broken, then it is probably also cheap.
no, wat i'm saying is, only the n00bs say cheap, but we say broken.

Aiko

Smash Champion
I think the difference is that broken requires a certain amount of skill whereas cheap requires a disproportionate amount of skill ie everyone can do it.

Smash Master
I say cheap, so I guess I'm a noob, w/e. Anyway, Cheap can require skill, too; it's just that the results achieved are greater than the skill required. Wobbling perfectly does require some skill. You will not get it on your first try. In fact, you will probably do a f-throw or f-smash. Then, there is the rhythm to master. However, it does not require enough skill to warrant the loss of one stock. Not everyone can wobble.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
"NO ur killing him i wanted to kill him since u killed him once!!! KILL YOUR SELF OR ELSE I WONT PLAY" *i kill myself and lose a life then she quits and goes to practice and beats me up and i have to watch as she does realy wimpy moves trying to kill me and then quits and goes back to melee*

...*i go to adventure mode my sister sees the goomba and koopa and says "what level are they at?"

...i go to classic
sis: what level are they at?
*i go to adventure as she keeps asking me what level the links oktorock an opponents are at then she askes what the topi and polar bears level is*

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
I heard these kids in a games shop talking about Smash Bros. One was saying how he could easily beat the other, then the other said "I will win because I will use the bestest (yes he said that) person, Mario!"

any chance the kids where a boy and girl and the boy had darker skin than the girl and the girl had tan skin??? i may know them they always say that stuff if ur talking about the kids i discribed

mood4food77

Smash Hero
"you know, you really put me down when you say that"

"what, that i ***** you with DK when i've only used him like 8 times....ever"

putting down n00bs, great feeling

another, "why must you do that"
"what"
"beat me with my character"
"cause i'm good and you suck"
"gee thanks"

that was me and my friend, he starts, i reply

Ornj