• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's Sonic's position in the tier list?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Being new does have an effect on your status/credibility. Would you trust a stranger over your best friend? Same thing with this.

Tiers aren't the end-all-be-all, but once they've been figured out well enough (normally 4-5 years into a game's life), they're pretty good standards to keep in mind.

Hero Reborn

Smash Cadet
So be it. So are we all peaced up then. There is no need to keep bad feelings. Am I right; both of you? Huh? ^^ Come on. Maybe you two can teach a noob like me some neat tricks online, eh? How bout it? Don't be mean. I'll be fun. We should schedule some brawl time tommorrow maybe, eh? Oh, and I main Sonic, not Link. Links my runner-up.

PS: I hate to admit it but the heart of the cards comment was kind of funny. It pissed me off though.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I used the heart of the cards to lighten things up a little. I'm cool with most people, long as they aren't incredibly ignorant. We can definitely be peaced up, and maybe even play sometime.

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
Try and find strategies for the spin dash/charge. Master them. Raise his position on the tier list. Not that I care in the least abot the tier list, I make my own.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
He's gonna be bottom on the first tier list, mark my words. I think he'll end up mid/mid-high in the end, but we'll see. Right now, people have a LOT of misconceptions about him, and since we have no Sonic mains in the SBR (I'm aiming to get in, but I dunno how that'll end up =/), most people are completely oblivious to what he can do. At worst, in the end, he'll end up low.
Interim have my babies.

Oh and I would like to play against your Sonic since I want to see how to utilize sonic better.

Boxob

Smash Champion
It depends on how this list developes. If it sticks to the potential of the metagame, sonic will end up probably like how Zeal said. If it goes by the whole equal skill thing, Sonic will forever remain low teir. It takes much more effort and skill to play as Sonic than any other character. Someone of 'equal' skill will always lose to someone not playing as sonic, unless some magical unknown glitch that makes him super awesome plus 1337 comes out of no where.

Hero Reborn

Smash Cadet
It depends on how this list developes. If it sticks to the potential of the metagame, sonic will end up probably like how Zeal said. If it goes by the whole equal skill thing, Sonic will forever remain low teir. It takes much more effort and skill to play as Sonic than any other character. Someone of 'equal' skill will always lose to someone not playing as sonic, unless some magical unknown glitch that makes him super awesome plus 1337 comes out of no where.
You speak the truth. Sonic is definitely not like any other character in the game in terms of usage. I'll admit, heart of the cards aside, in the hands of a beginner Sonic is bottom tier, but it's unclear where he'd stand being played by an expert. Sonic seems to have a lot of untapped potential, but it's not in is killing moves. Sonic is a trickster and it seems that's how you need to play as him to be good. Keep your opponents guessing.

Top Bottom