• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whats a plus side to japan getting game a month early

c@m

Smash Rookie
post what you think is a good thing about japan getting it early

i think its good because
-we'll know all the characters early
-bugs and glitches will be hopefully patched
-at least a basic tier list will be made before we get it so we know who's good and not

do you guys agree? thoughts?

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
i agree with all of that and also we can see some smash footage on YouTube while we wait and we will know all the modes and all the stages

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
I heard the Corocoro magazine will reveal the characters and stages of SSB for 3DS!

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
The servers will be tested before-hand of our release

No bugs / glitches

UNFORTUNATELY, that really doesn't make-up for the possible spoilers we're gonn get...

Niala

Smash Ace
The one real advantage I can think of is they'll have deciphered the methods to unlocking the characters for us, which can be an upside or downside depending on how you look at it. It's also possible, I suppose, that there's a Vault system again, where it gives you clues on how to unlock the game, so that might be a moot point.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Besides being able to see the full roster? Being able to hear Final Destination's music and watching some final product game play on the stage.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
All the characters, stages and the music that plays on each stage for the 3DS version.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
A full roster of characters. I'd say getting to see more of smash run before we actually play it. (Just in case extra mechanics are added in without any news on it.)

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
I heard the Corocoro magazine will reveal the characters and stages of SSB for 3DS!

I heard that too, but they made the same claims when Brawl was coming out. They didn't show anything new. They did it again for Pokemon Black/White. It's possible they'll actually have the info this time, but I'm keeping my expectations low for now.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Patches are a thing now, though, so it doesn't really make a difference in that sense.

If there's bugfixes in our version, the Japanese version will likely be patched with them too.
Good point. I'm just so used to games coming out here that fixed the horrible bugs that Japan got on the first run.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
- Us people who have Japan region 3DS's get the game at launch and have a month of bragging rights :troll:

Yeah, I'm not sure what else. There's videos to look forward during the wait I suppose. Everything else just seems spoilery. I guess if you really want to know how to unlock something its immediately available though.
As for patches...I really doubt they'll have a patch day one NA release, unless there's a huge game breaking one.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The amount of time between regional releases is for localization and marketing purposes; any bugs found won't be fixed in the North American version prior to release unless it's a downloadable patch made for both versions. So that's not an actual upside.

Just knowing how to unlock all the characters and seeing more in-depth videos of your potential mains in advance is good enough for me.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Myself and other members who have Japanese versions will be posting information here on the site.

Last edited:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
on the plus side, you guys will know exactly how to unlock everything as soon as you get your hands on the game.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

i think its good because
-at least a basic tier list will be made before we get it so we know who's good and not

I think it is basically a combination of the three. But I think the most interesting point out of the three is we will know the entire character roster, stages and secrets within the 3DS version.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Getting to know the full roster before buying the game is a huge plus to me.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Myself and other members who have Japanese versions will be posting information here on the site.
I am both excited and worry about this. I fear misinformation will run rampant and negatively effect the scene here in the US possibly because of that. Or people will just believe anything they say and will use those judgments in their own tournament stuff instead of making them themselves.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, that is something that has worried me, too. While I'll be providing information when I find it, it will only be information and not an over-exaggeration/rumors/vague comments like "oh...there's a purple reptile on the roster." Plus, the Smash 4 moderating team is prepared to deal with negativity after the release. Especially when it comes to characters and game play mechanics.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, that is something that has worried me, too. While I'll be providing information when I find it, it will only be information and not an over-exaggeration. Plus, the Smash 4 moderating team is prepared to deal with negativity after the release.
I'm glad to hear it. I remember before Brawl came out, some Melee pros were already doom'n'gloom about it as a fighter while playing the Japanese release. Granted, I think they turned out to be right about a lot of things, but still. I remember there being quite a few arguments over on AiB before the game even released stateside.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Yeah, that is something that has worried me, too. While I'll be providing information when I find it, it will only be information and not an over-exaggeration/rumors/vague comments like "oh...there's a purple reptile on the roster." Plus, the Smash 4 moderating team is prepared to deal with negativity after the release. Especially when it comes to characters and game play mechanics.
Also this as well, it does give Japanese fans the chance to probably provide feedback on the character game play balance etc.

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
It also gives the possibility of testing the online play in a region that is smaller than NA, less network bugs too.

D

Deleted member

The biggest plus is that I'll know how to unlock Shulk ahead of time if he's playable.

I'm more curious about the stages though. When you think about it, it doesn't seem like they've show a whole lot of them. Or gone into any detail about some of them. *cough*Pokemon League*cough*Tomodachi*cough*

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
The biggest plus is that I'll know how to unlock Shulk ahead of time if he's playable.

I'm more curious about the stages though. When you think about it, it doesn't seem like they've show a whole lot of them. Or gone into any detail about some of them. *cough*Pokemon League*cough*Tomodachi*cough*
Ive been waiting for shulk as well along side waiting for xenoblade chronicles X!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My friend and I will be getting the game Saturday morning (no midnight release T_T) and camping out at a restaurant that has wi-fi, a soda fountain, and will grind through the game.

While I can't officially say at the moment, I will be providing Smashboards exclusive information as well as pictures and videos of the playthrough.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My friend and I will be getting the game Saturday morning (no midnight release T_T) and camping out at a restaurant that has wi-fi, a soda fountain, and will grind through the game.

While I can't officially say at the moment, I will be providing Smashboards exclusive information as well as pictures and videos of the playthrough.
(I really do miss the Japanese restaurants..T_T)

Anyway, I'm glad that we'll have dedicated people over there bringing us the news. It'll give us a jump-start for Oct.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh, by the way, I stopped by a book store and tried to find the Famitsu issue featuring the characters revealed on Monday but I couldn't find it but I did find an older issue of Nintendo News magazine....or something like that that had an issue but the E3 characters plus Ike. I skimmed over it but there wasn't any new information but a few pictures I haven't seen before.

But I guess this could go into the Japanese info thread...

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
I'll probably try to stay away from guides and such until I get the game so I have a fresh experience on day 1, no matter how much that is going to bother me lol

LucaSmash

Smash Cadet
Does anyone think there is going to be a day one stream? I'm really hoping I'll be able to watch someone start up the game and play. Hopefully someone does that.

Malex

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone think there is going to be a day one stream? I'm really hoping I'll be able to watch someone start up the game and play. Hopefully someone does that.
I am unsure how much I will be able to participate the first week, as I will be out of the country, but my brother and I are both getting the japanese version and will be streaming, his stream beginning before he starts his download.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master

i think its good because

Disagree, knowing the characters early isn't good or bad it depends on who you are. Whether you are looking for an enriched metagame or looking for a new experience. If it's the latter I would think spoilers are detrimental.

Smash doesn't get patched.

A 1 month old tier list could bring harm to the metagame causing characters to be ignored and develop slower while overrating others. Take a look at Sonic and Snake for an example. Sonic was considered low tier for years until he slowly made his way up and actually took 2 of the top 8 spots at MLG Dallas 2012. While Snake was considered the best character and found in the number 1 spot in amateur tier lists for around a year and towards the end of the games lifespan drop down a significant number of spots. Olimar and diddy kong pretty much suffered the same effects that Sonic did to a lesser extent.

The only real advantage that I think of is that I would like to import a 3ds and a copy from Japan because I can't wait a whole other month!!

NualphaJPN

Smash Cadet
Aside from some of the things mentioned, not much of a plus to be honest.

Just because we Japanese get it first means nothing in the end, when everyone will play anyway lol

Top Bottom