• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whats a good game to play when your depressed?

Lilit

Smash Rookie
ok i was out on the raz earlier but now im sober im depressed as hell and was wondering whats a good game to play when you are are depressed to make you feel better?

pdk

Smash Lord
dungeon keeper; might as well vent your frustrations on crazy knights who keep busting into your castle

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Any hockey or football game on easy where you can just hit the crap out of the other team.

Sensai

Smash Master
Something colorful. Tetris, perhaps?

Anything nostalgic. Anything that gets your mind off of current events.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Maybe you should hang out with friends if you're depressed. It should work a lot better than video games.

But Pheonix Wright always makes me feel happy.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Not if your friends are the ones who put you down.

It also depends on what kinda person you are. For example, I'm more of an introverted type (except I'm not shy), meaning I like thinking things through analytically. So, for me, video games and alone time are good for healing wounds.

Others might be extroverted, meaning they like talking things through. Those people would prefer to hang out with friends instead of being alone.

~rh

Smash Lord
Unreal Tournament 2004

Picture the people who made you depressed on your prey, then snipe the living hell outta them. Trust me, from experience, it's amazing. :)

Pey

Smash Apprentice
ok i was out on the raz earlier but now im sober im depressed as hell and was wondering whats a good game to play when you are are depressed to make you feel better?
Probably none, gtfoutside.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'd suggest Tetris DS or Viva Piñata. You should play games which are very colorful and have extremely cute characters in them. Animal crossing is a good game to cheer you up too. Hope this helps.

F8X

Smash Ace
Probably none, gtfoutside.
I hate to say it, but he is probably right. But if you had to play a game try anything your good at that has online play especially if there is talk.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Theres always somone you can hang out with, doing that will work heads and tails above playing video games, usually, hanging out with friends is the best way to do it, since after you play a videogame/watch a show you usually remember why you started playing it in the first place.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
When you are depressed, you need to stop thinking with your emotional half of your brain (right side I believe) and instead focus on the logical/critical thinking half. This means reading, writing, singing, etc are all bad when you are depressed because you are feeding your emotions. Working out math, reading physics books, some video games that have critical thinking are all much better.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
If you have an N64 and the original Smash Bros., then play that. The original Smash Bros. always makes me happy.

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
If you have an N64 and the original Smash Bros., then play that. The original Smash Bros. always makes me happy.
Quoted for truth.
that game somehow always has me laughing.
damage ratio: 200%
items: very high
players: 4 (CPUs will work)
Items: Hammers, Bombs, Land Mines
Mode: Stock, generally 10-21 lives

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to third that Smash Bros. thing. Only, I think SSBM works also, not just SSB64 (although SSB64 does seem to be more fun...especially on Mushroom Kingdom with POW and warp pipes).

Blackadder

Smash Master
Kirby's dream land FTW!!

If you have it, I find it's so silly and cute it cheers me up XD

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
If you go for any Kirby game, Kirby Superstar would be the best (especially Metaknight's Revenge or Milky Way Wishes), in my opinion. Kirby64 is good, too. (I've never played Kirby's Air Ride...)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^^^ Good one. But I say only if you've never played it before. Otherwise I say any Fire Emblem. Critical thinking, and great game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Paper Mario series, Sonic Battle, or Flying Dragon. The first one has many puzzles and is just funny(as are all the games), Sonic Battle, while repetitive, is freakin' hilarious, and Flying Dragon just has some of the dumbest phrases ever.

Any Strategy RPG works as well.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Sonic Battle, while repetitive, is freakin' hilarious.
I would actually recommend Sonic the Fighters first, more hilarious moves to perform on the characters. A lot less repetition too. Plus who wouldn't want to see a giant Polar Bear slam Amy's face in? Even when I am depressed seeing Knuckles feed Bean one of his own bombs always brings a smile to my face.

Top Bottom