• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would you do?- (Why not) A Pikmin Line Game

Weruop

Smash Ace
hey every1. last night i was kinda bored and i got to thinking which combs olimars ther than myself use.
So Ive decided to come up with a little game to see how others Use theirPikmin Line.

So here's how it goes

i give you 6 Pikmin In ur Line in order from front to back
I give you an enemy
A Percentage
And a spot on the stage

you tell me what u think the BEST POSSILE OUTCOME could have been. this may involve the enemy making an air dodge when they shouldnt have etc or anything. but try and assume like u enemy is atleast of better than AVG Skill

after a few posts Ill tell u guys what I would have done

I think this will be kind of fun and maybe open my eyes to more possibiilities that i may have been overlooking or forgot about

so lets start this...

Pikmin Line ( front to back ) : Yellow red white blue purple yellow
U are fighting a Fox and ur at the center of FD, and he just aired leaving himself open. He is at 00 damage. What would be the best outcome?

( try and keep this a bit logical plz. remember my reasons for this )

Rocann

Smash Lord
That really all depends on what he does. I guess I would *try* to do a grab, dthrow, just regrab no motion, dthrow, he'll probably jump this time, so just follow him and try to grab again, since it's a white I should be able to dthrow -> fair, then the entire situation will probably go back to not close to each other really. try to use the purple to set up another combo situation

dumb topic no offense

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Realistically, I'd just throw pikmin at him.

If I had 10 minutes to think about this order, I'd toss the yellow at him->grab with the red->dthrow->grab with white->upthrow->toss the blue-> then the purple->followup with yellow. (preferably dsmash to get him offstage)

Zori

Smash Champion
well if i was in the heat of battle..... i would just throw them, a little "mindgame" i have is if i have a white 3 or 4 in my line ill just spam the first 3 so i know i land the white, because what are the chances you will hit a good opponent with the first toss..... i dunno you guys might not understand.... moving on

but if i have 10 mins to think about it.... like now.. i would go with andys answer and abuse fox's weight fast fall thingy XD

sadly i dont have 10 mins i have less then 5seconds.

asob4

Smash Champion
given time i would
fsmash -> grab/dthrow -> regrab -> pivot grab/bthrow -> spike

i know, epic

oiMrXio

Smash Cadet
Easy. White being 3rd makes it obv. to me, and thats as far as i'd look.

Grab-dthrow-fsmash-grab/dthrow-upsmash to upair.

I've been in this pos. a lot of the time vs gamble, and it's exactly what i'd do with any pikmin line that didnt have purple in the 1st or 3rd slots, esp. vs a space animal as they're one of the easiest chars to dthrow punish.

I think this is a decent thread, at the least it can open peoples ideas to combo possibilities,

RichBrown

Smash Master
holy **** i wanna meet the legendary mr x!!! I really hope i can go now, cuz I totally forgot I had to play at this chicks wedding, and I thought she wasn't gonna contact me about it, but she did today, 2 days before the **** wedding >_<

asob4

Smash Champion
i met him at nexus haha he's cool

you better go >_>
4 top oli's in cali at one tourney :o

Weruop

Smash Ace
this topic isnt dumb andy >:( ive learnd a few things from it. thanks guys.

Yellow red white blue purple yellow

snd for the record i prolly would have went for

d throw, up smash nair plant wite pikmin, grab, d throw, hit purple pikmin, fair/f smash depending n where Im t.

Weruop

Smash Ace
also u guys should memorize the best plans for certain pimin orders or even if its just like 2 pikmin next to eachother. it shouldnt take like 10 minutes lol

g2g4l

Smash Apprentice
I would Grab him( yellow) Dthrow--->(red) Fair----> throw pikmin (white)-----> and go for the spike with the purple and try to chain to the ledge after

asob4

Smash Champion
I would Grab him( yellow) Dthrow--->(red) Fair----> throw pikmin (white)-----> and go for the spike with the purple and try to chain to the ledge after
you just made minor alterations to my **** combo on fox with the previous lineup >_>

oiMrXio

Smash Cadet
Black, after you fb the first time doesnt that give them time to dodge (roll spotdodge jump etc.)?

Anyways, white pikmin 3rd spot + heavy char for me = dthrow-fsmash-dthrow-upsmash-upair-i'll try to do upB but good players can usually avoid it after the upair, the rest is pretty solid and will work every time.

One difference between a great and an average player that i've noticed is that great players don't go for combos that M-A-Y not work, or at the least involve a 50/50 mindgame w/ the other person, and if they guess wrong you get em in it. I'm seeing a lot of VERY long combos here that i've never seen pulled off in real life and that I doubt would really work.

I think this topic could be a great one for discussion about what combos R-E-A-L-L-Y work for oli and which ones don't. I think we should discuss the strengths of each combo and also how other people can escape them. I for one also know that a lot of olis combos are escapable by DIing up and away and jumping out of the dthrow, and it's funny b/c against other olis they'll keep trying to do their combos like robots and i'll escape them early on. It's good to know what'll work depending on if the other guy has oli experience or not too.

My 2 cents anyways.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
No, the FB is replacing the Fair.
Yes, the can escape our fairs after the 0% downthrow sometimes (Mistiming of us, usually)
If you can do something after fair to them, it's the same. The difference? They expect to be pushed back with fair as well as them being closer to you.

(Blue, white, blue, purple) = (Dthrow, fb, drthrow, upsmash-charged)

Fino

Smash Master
Yellow red white blue purple yellow
Dthrow, dair, tech chase him for the re-grab, pummel, throw him against the wing in corneria, fsmash into usmash and then run off the edge, tether during the slow-mo part, and have the game end on the pen.is frame.

OR

Against marth on smashville -> dthrow fsmash, wave dash backwards, latch the white, moon walk off the stage, drop, tether, drop tether, snap back up, drop, SH, waveland back onto the edge (barely missing his fsmash), drop tether... wait... he comes off the edge for the bair but I snap up, drop for the dair, but he aerial dodges (forgetting that the hacks were turned on) [lulz @ OP], and I footstool him to get back onto the ledge.
JV 4stock :chuckle:

no character was given... so I gave one ^_^

~Fino

Top Bottom