• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would be Lucario's Theme Song?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I was thinking about making some combo videos with Lucario. And when I heard this song.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQef57EujE
I realized this song is perfect for Lucario! In my opinion it suits him. When times get hard, take everything from the inside, and throw it all away.
Anybody else have any ideas of good Lucario theme songs?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
On the subject of Linkin Park, another good song is "Faint" for Lucario, especially at the "time won't heal this damage anymore" part. It's a good underdog song, kinda rising to greatness.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
"She'll be Comin' Round the Mountain When She Comes."

...I have no idea, but that just seems to fit for me. <<

...Ooo! Ooo! What about that remixed song of Team Galaxia!?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Even better:

0-about 75ish "I will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor

75-onwards "Let the Bodies Hit the Flooah!" by Drowning Pool

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Even better:

0-about 75ish "I will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor

75-onwards "Let the Bodies Hit the Flooah!" by Drowning Pool

Ehh....Most overused combo/pvp video ever....
I like the I will survive though >.>

Though talking about songs, maybe:

Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult (He gets ownage at high %s)
Kung Fu Fighting - Bee Gees (He does Kung Fu ^_^)
Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden (Because he's coming for you)

Other than that, any song that really fits the flow of your video. If it's a combo video with a lot of clips, something that has a significant beat every few seconds that you could sync kills to would be awesome. Otherwise anything that fits the time decently.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Ehh....Most overused combo/pvp video ever....
I like the I will survive though >.>

Though talking about songs, maybe:

Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult (He gets ownage at high %s)
Kung Fu Fighting - Bee Gees (He does Kung Fu ^_^)
Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden (Because he's coming for you)

Other than that, any song that really fits the flow of your video. If it's a combo video with a lot of clips, something that has a significant beat every few seconds that you could sync kills to would be awesome. Otherwise anything that fits the time decently.
I used to like "Don't Fear the Reaper" but...
(remembers the old, tone-deaf woman singing at the Rock Band competition)
NO! U MARTYRED TEH SONG! OH NOES!

Kung fu fighting is good, but also, I like "Welcome to the Jungle" by (who else) Guns N' Roses (cause Lucario's a BEAST!)

Lol, kevin, lawl.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Welcome to the Jungle would be a good one. Also I was thinking maybe Final Countdown...just because I like that song and it follows the "coming from behind" kinda theme.

Browny

Smash Hater
no songs with words plz... modern day lyrics make my ears bleed and ***-pop is just NO.

that said, Super buu's theme (from dbz) is pretty cool. So are some of linkin parks original songs, theyre more recent ones are bad lol

/me puts of anti-dbz flame shield

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Ehhh...songs without words just don't seem to make good videos, at least in my experience. They seem to lack a certain kick that makes them interesting (rather than just background music).

Personally I think that Don't Fear the Reaper seems like a good one, mainly just because it followsthe "Lucario doesn't fear damage cause it makes him stronger" thing.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
no songs with words plz... modern day lyrics make my ears bleed and ***-pop is just NO.

that said, Super buu's theme (from dbz) is pretty cool. So are some of linkin parks original songs, theyre more recent ones are bad lol

/me puts of anti-dbz flame shield
U forgot to put on LP flaming shield! Minutes to Midnight was awesome, and u know it. Most of those songs were ones they have been itching to put on since the start, and they still had good, classicy feel ones like Bleed it out and No More Sorrow.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman

SpazzerEXE

Smash Apprentice
I've got a few.

Star Guitar by the Chemical Brothers (ESPECIALLY if FD is the stage), Super Rad or Ska Boss by the Aqua Bats, The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny by Lemon Demon, and for those who have the No More Heroes soundtrack I'd also recomend Pleather for Breakfast (although this one feels moar like a Zamus combo video song but meh whatev).

(100thpostlol)

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
I've got a few.

Star Guitar by the Chemical Brothers (ESPECIALLY if FD is the stage), Super Rad or Ska Boss by the Aqua Bats, The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny by Lemon Demon, and for those who have the No More Heroes soundtrack I'd also recomend Pleather for Breakfast (although this one feels moar like a Zamus combo video song but meh whatev).

(100thpostlol)
Star Guitar. Why didn't I think of that? You sir, are epic.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
I second Eye of the Tiger. IMO it just kind of fits with the Lucario additude. But its somewhat limited if you are going to try to match the beat to KO hits and stuff.

As far as lyrics go, anything to do with challenges, fighting, surviving, etc would fit will with Lucario.

Techno would be pretty good, but you need to synch the video to the beat otherwise it wont really fit together too well. My preference is for the beat to speed up right before a kill, and then slow down right after (for a few beats), then you can fit a couple repeat clips of the kill to the slower beat (not sure if that conveyed in words what I see in my mind too well).

Oh, and I think a metal version of the Pokemon theme without the lyrics would probably make a killer background song for a Lucario video. I tried to find one so I could post a link but to no avail.

I found a cool pokemon related song, I think its the RGB theme performed by a band. It sounds awesome. Too bad it has audience noise in it. Here is the link. Im still looking for more stuff too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ugHc-8tprQ

And I have found it. The prize I was looking for. It was bound to come up if I scoured Youtube well enough. Its an electric guitar + base combo of the Pokemon theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAkQJLWSDvU

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Eh... as a major Rise Against fan (they are my favorite band)...I really cant see any of it (besides maybe Broken English) fitting Lucario well. Its great music, but political and social statements dont really fit too well in a combo video.

That said I frequent the DK forums, and well they have found the perfect DK theme music there, not that
its publicized as such. Here is the video of it. Yeah, I know its a DK vid, but just see how well the music fits him, thats the kind of fit I think is needed for a Lucario theme song.

Its from this thread.

This is the video link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBFYW1xmlZQ

Hyprodimus Prime

Smash Cadet
I find West's version better suited as the song is quite layered resembling Lucario's need for diversity and changing play.

The opening line, "That dont kill me can only make me stronger"
Is that not Lucario?

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I don't really have any problem with the song in general, I just don't think that a rap remake of a song would really be very good for a combo video.

The daft punk version might work well for a lucario combo video though.

Edit: this song is awesome if you put it in a brawl scenario. Wouldn't be perfect for lucario specifically but in a great brawl song in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBDivsSe3k

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I say some really beaty hardcore techno just because.

Because it's Lucario...he'a a blue dog with fire coming out of hands. Just screams techno.

Top Bottom