• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will you be doing March 9th?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i will have the game at 12:01 on march 9th and playing it all day what else

maian

Smash Apprentice
Being the sneaky little sleuth I am, I swear now I'm going to get my hands on the game a day or two before release. Mark my words. Either way, I'll invite some friends over, and it's Brawl all day and night.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
March 9th being a sunday, I have bowling in the morning. I'll either pick it up at Midnight or get it after Bowling. Then for the rest of the day is nonstop Brawl.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Gamestop didn't even get Mario Galaxy in on its release date (which is obviously its "shipping date"--what a load), so I'll be doing homework. The Gamestop I reserved at is nowhere near me, anyway, so I'll be swinging over to get my copy before class on the 10th.

I will have nooo time to play (even on Spring Break) but I'll manage somehow.

Gah... and this is the day we'd have had it. Again. Not that I have time to play now, or anything. I shouldn't even be here!

EDIT: Do you think it'd be best if I ran and checked on it/picked it up on Sunday just to be safe?

I'd like to think a shortage despite my preorder isn't likely since there're like no gamers here, but...

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
What's so special about March 9th? I'll probably just be practicing Melee and reading about Brawl like I always do. Maybe a few other things by then, I don't know. It's really kind of boring these days.

Wait......

What's Brawl again?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'll be at Best Buy at 6:00 A.M with some friends. We'll get the game, sniff it and inhale it's beauty on the car ride home, then play it 'til we drop.

Which in my case, will be 48 straight hours later.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
My schedule for March 9th.

7:45 - Wake Up
8:00 - Eat Breakfast
8:15 - Shower
8:20 - Get ready for church
8:30 - Leave for church
9:00 - Church
12:10 - Leave church
12:20 - Arrive at Mall
12:25 - Dash into GameStop
12:30 - Pay cashier rest of money
12:35 - Leave GameStop with Brawl
12:45 - Arrive at house
12:47 - Call neighbor, invite to house
12:48 - Turn TV and Wii on, insert Brawl
12:49 - Turn on controllers, get out gaming chair
12:50 - Fangasm @ Opening video
12:51 - Open door for neighbor, rush back to TV room
12:52 - Proceed to play Brawl with friend and little sisters
5:00 - Friend leaves, eat dinner with family
5:30 - Resume Brawl
9:00 - Start Subspace Emissary
10:00 - Retreat to room, get ready for bed, do homework, etc.

And the best part is, only the part about my friend coming over is conditional. Everything else is pretty much set in stone. Unless we don't go to church... And then I'll just go to GameStop early. :D
Good to see I'm not the only one around here that goes to church. Gotta put God first for sure, or else he might zap my copy of Brawl with lightning. But, assuming my Gamestop actually gets it Sunday, I'll go by to get it after church sometime and play it all day long. Otherwise I'll pick it up early Monday.

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Getting off my flight at 8pm on the 8th, then meeting a friend of mine to wait outside of Gamestop until midnight. Then off to his house.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
Brawl's got a street date on it, it should be out the 9th. Anyone know if it'll have a midnight sale? or are the pre-orders too low?

M.K

Level 55
Probably something REAL good is going to happen on the day of March 9th.

Win the lottery.
Rescue a small kitten.
Come across a lost item.

But Brawl probably won't come until the 10th. FUUCK!!!!!

RBNuke

Smash Apprentice
If all goes according to plan, I'll be hitting up best buy when it opens, getting the game, going to a friends house, and co-oping SSE on his huge *** TV forsaking food and bathroom breaks until tuesday when I have classes again.

cloudnine

Smash Rookie
Go to gamestop of course. Then buy it. If they dont have it then ill beat the sh** out of them cuz ive been waiting so frickin long for this game. Then it will magically appear in my hands and i will skip merrily home. Then do the same thing that Anth0ny would do and sniff the case till the smell is gone, then sniff the disk and instruction booklet, and then sniff my Wii when the disk is in it (my Wii will smell of Brawl). And finally i will make a Brawl-scented Lysol (probably spelt wrong) and spray my house.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Nice to see you cloudnine. I think I know you from somewhere. ;)
Hopefully I'll be playing, I preordered it and it may be shipped early. Unfortunately, i'll have to intersperse brawling with studying (trimester exams).

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Brawl's got a street date on it, it should be out the 9th. Anyone know if it'll have a midnight sale? or are the pre-orders too low?
Depends on your location and the stores in your area. The Gamstop I'm going to is having a midnight release.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Not all GS can release the game at midnight. The GS and EB at my mall can't because the mall won't be open at those hours.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
at 12:01am I'll be at my local EBX drinking dew eating snacks and a mario cake, while playing smash in a tournament, adn then I'll go home play some more, go to bed, get up go to church then coem home and play some more, unless I have work... which would suck.

Gary

Smash Apprentice
Totally got it pre-ordered. Will finish any homework, maybe do some studying for finals, and play 450 1-stock matches with Olimar, Peach, and PT to unlock everyone. Hopefully I'll be decent with Olimar by then.

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
The place where I have my copy pre-ordered doesn't open till noon, so hopefully I can sleep in and get up with time to just eat, get ready, then head out to the store.
My EB Games doesn't open til Noon, but I have to get up early, so I will probably be play Melee to death until about 11 'o' clock, where I will go to EB Games and wait. I know I will be first in line because no one else in the city is crazy enough wait longer than 5 minutes because they're all so impatient.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
I've already got my completetion of co-op mode in Subspace Emissary all planned out. Depending on my schedule I may stay up all night playing.

Not depending on my schedule, I may stay up all night playing.

I also might stay up all night playing.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'll be playing Brawl from the stroke of midnight until I physically pass out from exhaustion.
This. And then when my friend and I wake up from passing out, we resume playing well into the afternoon.

Xgamer245

Smash Cadet
in the morning or afternoon I will pick up the copy of Brawl at BlockBuster....
then the rest is up to your guys imaginations...

Rozz66

Smash Rookie
I will be Brawling with all of my friends, online and off, than have some pizza and Brawl more. I figure that I will venture into subspace, do some mini-games, and than brawl with my friends untill I unlock a bunch of characters, stages, and music.

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
12:00 AM: Buying Brawl
12:01 AM: Running around like a maniac trying to contain the awesome
1:00 AM: Playing Brawl 'til I pass out (Yes, I will run around for 59 minutes)

Top Bottom