• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will be the first thing you do when Brawl is in your hands?

Blatant_troll

Smash Rookie
My guess is this:

Before anyone goes into the probability of FD requiring unlocking and ranting on how you won't be able to play FD out of the box, stop taking this so seriously and accept that given the choice, this is what most of you will do.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Wavedashing only? Is there a race to the finish VS mode? OMG SWEET.

You do realize that a lot of the tourney players are really looking forward to Brawl so the game will have more variety in tournaments. Right? We have been playing Melee more than you people, and most likely in more ways then you people. You'd be suprised by how many other modes the tourney players fool around with now and again. We don't just stick on a straight set of rules.

I am hoping that this is a satire because you should actually try looking at how Melee tournaments are run. =/ Only thing you got there is no items right. Yeah. I have actually been to one FD only tourney that was done at my school. I was rather mad about the lack of level choice but their were a lot of unique character choices compared to other tournaments (a lot more pikachus and Roys for sure). You do realize we play on lots of levels right?

Blatant_troll

Smash Rookie
You'd be suprised by how many other modes the tourney players fool around with now and again. We don't just stick on a straight set of rules.
Adding Marth or Falco to the mix. Perhaps some other lower tier characters? Maybe. Or, dare I say, stages other than FD?

I am hoping that this is a satire because you should actually try looking at how Melee tournaments are run. =/ Only thing you got there is no items right. Yeah. I have actually been to one FD only tourney that was done at my school. I was rather mad about the lack of level choice but their were a lot of unique character choices compared to other tournaments (a lot more pikachus and Roys for sure). You do realize we play on lots of levels right?
Most of you 'pro' smashers seem to enjoy playing FD (or similar maps, whatever you play to eliminate the randomness of each fight) with either: Falco, Fox or Marth. It doesn't amount to a lot. You get a few people or tourneys that may stand out here and there, but from what I've seen, it's a lot of SSDD.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I found it humorous, albeit stereotyping people who play smash seriously. I don't think the community will autoban all items and most stages until after they've been proven in competitive play to be unsuitable for tournaments.

And I'm one of those guys that doesn't think wavedashing will make a return. But we'll see.

Rune

Smash Lord
Ex-tourney*** back from the dead here. OP's picture is pretty close to what I'll be doing first in fact. Unlocking stuff after that obviously.

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
I'd probably just pick up Mario or some other character and experiment with the physics engine against a LV1, to see what's been added, what remains, and the like. Then go on an unlocking spree.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think alot of people will want to get the feel of the new game mechanics before doing what the OP suggests, but there are always the few who cant wait. My school had a Halo 2 tournament the day it came out.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
BANNED! 6 points.

-I wish.

(to the topic creator)

Also: There was already a thread like this titled "What's the fist thing you will do when you get Brawl?" or something like that.
What's the first thing you will do when you recieve infraction points for spam and not using the search button?

@ TYLER: You are SO getting banned bud.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
First, I will only use Fox in training mode to see if wavedashing is still in. (ignore the avatar and sig. . . . . . .and yes. . . .the level in training mode is FD muwhahahahahahahhhah). Then, I will turn off all the items (yes all of them, why, because scrubs use them to suck the life out of tourney players).

After using advance techs and calling people scrubs for not using them 50,000 times, I will come to all of the casual people's houses and force them to use advance techs. . . . . . . .

Yes, this is my master plan. In fact, this is all of the tourney player's plans. We are much superior to you and therefore, should call everyone scrubs. XD

[/sarcasm]

Nobody else respond to this thread. We need to stop talking to trolls. . . . . . . . .unless you want to have some fun (no, not even then). We should have like a phrase that can be used to flag a troll thread so no one replies.

Now the best part of this thread. Scrubs scrubs scrubs scrubs scrubs scrubs scrub.

I will most likely play Link on single player first. :laugh: Srubity mcScrub scrub scrub (XD) should think about making flame bait threads in the future (trolls, what can you do?).

*insert flame troll thing below*

Diemonds

Smash Apprentice
STORY MODE.

but...

u kno now dat I think of it the game was more fun wit items and all the chaos then playin in big tourneys

**goes to play wit all items**

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Piss myself. Right there in the store.

Derf.

Edit: Whoa. "Piss" doesn't get censored. I was afraid it would turn into asterisks and people would think I said "****" instead.

Though I'm sure THAT just became censored, so some of you probably still don't know what I mean.

Nevermind.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Adding Marth or Falco to the mix. Perhaps some other lower tier characters? Maybe. Or, dare I say, stages other than FD?

Most of you 'pro' smashers seem to enjoy playing FD (or similar maps, whatever you play to eliminate the randomness of each fight) with either: Falco, Fox or Marth. It doesn't amount to a lot. You get a few people or tourneys that may stand out here and there, but from what I've seen, it's a lot of SSDD.
And ***s like you who don't accept the way we play don't deserve to own it. We don't only play on FD dumass...Oh yeah, I'm skipping school to unlock all the characters! xD

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
That second guy doesn't looks or sound very excited.

Man.. I love how awesome it is that he yells "There so much new content!" I think it would be more like "All the new stuff!"

Also I don't quite understand what they are yelling at the end...
-No Items? Alright..
-Final Destination! Thats in Brawl too!? And its unlocked once you get the game?
-Fox Only?... Uh ok.. Why would you yell "new content!" and no items with only Fox?
-Gamecube controllers only? Understandable.. New game, familiar controls and controller.
-Only Wavedashing? So.. you can't jump, run, walk, duck, shield... or even attack?
-Tourney***s? I don't even play in tourneys and I'm still offended by that...

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
lol at that comic.The second I get it I'll probably unwrap it with my teeth and flip through the manual,checking out the cool pictures.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
In all honnesty my favorite stage at the moment is mute city. I'm also pretty fond of pokemon stadium (which is in brawl, sweeet) Yoshis story (same) and of course final destination since I play the space animals.

The only stages I heavily dislike (that are not banned) are Pokefloats and Battlefield. I dont much care for fountain either but I dont mind it.

I also love corneria and rainbow cruise as stages. Gotta have variety or it gets boring.

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
Hold it above my head and say.
Da DA DAA DAAAAAAAAAAA!
Then causally leave the store.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
First thing I will do-whatever it takes to unlock sonic.

make sonic and mario fight.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Hump it.

No wait! I mean't-

*gets cut off*

I'd do the LoZ item music as well. Being an LoZ fan, I HAVE to do that. Then I'll hump the game.

**** IT! I JUST SAID IT AGAIN!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well lets see here there are two ways this could happen:

1. I get a Wii and SSBB for Christmas/my birthday. I unwrap both of those... then basically tear open everything else in a rush, say thanks, grab my Wii and SSBB and run frantically towards my room. There will be no reading the manual for me either. Not a chance in hell. XD

2. I go to the store and buy it... Run frantically out of the mall/store whatever, get in the car, speed all of the way home and crash and die.

Oh wait, don't take that seriously. In reality I don't even drive (and I'm 18... XD) So there won't be any speeding and then crashing and dieing. =(

Still if I go to the store to get it, I'll probably be barely able to control myself. Probably not allowing my parents to do anything other then take me home.

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
Make sweet love to my Wii for being able to play such a game :psycho:

Try to Wavedash, and then just unlock all the characters. Ill then probably test out all the items, then start mastering the character I like best. (Which is Ike atm).

JimmyFatFat

Smash Rookie
What I will do?
1. Kiss it, hug it and make sweet love.
2. Make sweet love with my Wii.
3. Make ... less sweet love with my dorr just in case..
4. Play as hell, and find my favo character.
5. Learn that character and beat the crap out of my bro when he comes home.
6. Try to win all the Characters.
-Next day-
7. Have a ****ing mega big tournament with all my mates.
8. Keep on playing the rest of the weekend.
9. ...and eat a lot of kebab pizza :p

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
What I will do?
1. Kiss it, hug it and make sweet love.
2. Make sweet love with my Wii.
3. Make ... less sweet love with my dorr just in case..
4. Play as hell, and find my favo character.
5. Learn that character and beat the crap out of my bro when he comes home.
6. Try to win all the Characters.
-Next day-
7. Have a ****ing mega big tournament with all my mates.
8. Keep on playing the rest of the weekend.
9. ...and eat a lot of kebab pizza :p
10.) Make sweet love to the kebab pizza?

:chuckle:

iMichael

Smash Lord
Well lets see here there are two ways this could happen:

1. I get a Wii and SSBB for Christmas/my birthday. I unwrap both of those... then basically tear open everything else in a rush, say thanks, grab my Wii and SSBB and run frantically towards my room. There will be no reading the manual for me either. Not a chance in hell. XD

2. I go to the store and buy it... Run frantically out of the mall/store whatever, get in the car, speed all of the way home and crash and die.

Oh wait, don't take that seriously. In reality I don't even drive (and I'm 18... XD) So there won't be any speeding and then crashing and dieing. =(

Still if I go to the store to get it, I'll probably be barely able to control myself. Probably not allowing my parents to do anything other then take me home.
lol I laughed so hard at number two:laugh:

I'm probably going to head to gamestop get my copy of Brawl go home and unlock everything then have a kick back with all my friends and pwn them

Taws

Smash Rookie
What will I do with it? Well, after I've drooled all over the plastic case (making sure to wipe my mouth thoroughly before I remove the disk, naturally) I will go straight to the versus character select screen-- see who is there and who isn't, then start tryin' crap out! I'm a Falco player, and the prospects of Falco re-emerging are unconfirmed. I might need to move on, much as it pains me. I can't just play Fox instead, that's lame. It's a new game! New possibilities! Hoo-ha!

halfzy

Smash Apprentice
watch a kicc *** intro movie then unlock everybody as fast as i can
then experiment with all the controllers
then train till my hearts content

FaTmAn2k20

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... I'll probably invite my friend over and we'll talk about all the sweet new content while we drive to my apartment. And then, like we do now, we'll probably get some sweet Fox dittos in on FD (or whatever equivalent) with waveshines only! Pretty sweet. And no items of course, they're cheap.

Met

Smash Ace
Hmmm... I'll probably invite my friend over and we'll talk about all the sweet new content while we drive to my apartment. And then, like we do now, we'll probably get some sweet Fox dittos in on FD (or whatever equivalent) with waveshines only! Pretty sweet. And no items of course, they're cheap.

Thats the best way to play this game, I hope that they put a type of mode thats not single button, but only allows you to shine with fox on FD and you have to play fox. That would then set us up for very fair and exciting tourneys. the other stuff is just there to make scrubs feel better because they haven't had *** with a girl yet.

Top Bottom