• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will be the first thing you do when Brawl is in your hands?

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I'll drive like a maniac from school to Best Buy (if I have a car by then) or beg my parents to let me drive their car to Best Buy (if I don't have a car).
Then I'll immediately put the disk in the Wii and TV that I moved to my room :laugh:
I'll go to training mode and try out the new engine (with Pit, Captain Falcon, Ike, and Mario) and then rip open the Nintendo guide to unlock everything before my Smash party that Saturday!

Wreked

Smash Lord
1 Pick it up at eb games
2 Read the back of the cover and the instruction manual.
3 Stare at the disc for ten seconds
4 Turn on wii, insert disc
5 Wait and see if there is any music on the opening screen
6 Watch opening movie maybe reset the wii to watch it again if it is good
7 Look at all the menu stuff
8 One player mode VS
9 See who are the starting characters
10 If Pit is one of them, fight with him to see if he is good.
11 Check out everybodys FS in training mode.
12 Beat Adventure mode and Classic mode with every player to try to unlock people.
14 Finally try everything I can possibly think of to get all the characters and then think about whether or not to go online to see how to get other characters.

Frogla

Smash Ace
1.Get out of the gay prison they call a school.
2. Go to Satans Place called Work
3. Go pick up my reserved copy of Brawl.
4. Shoot the casheir because he said he already sold my copy.
5. Steal the cashiers copy.
6.Buy the Nintendo Guide.
7. Go home unlock Jigglypuff and Meta-knight then get online

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I'll most likely start playing as Snake, unless he's an unlockable character. If that's the case, then Wario. I'll play on the Halberd stage, which I assume isn't unlockable. Invite 3 friends over / Go to 3 friend's houses and play with all items on wacky stages, because unlike some people, I play games for FUN, not to be the omfg best evurr. None of that will ever help you in the real world, so why should I waste my time practicing wave dashing and becoming the best when I can have a fun game instead?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'd wager most tourneyf*gs will figure out who the cheapest character is and exploit that for as long as humanly possible.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm not even a "tourney***" and I find the term offensive.

Does there really need to be any bad blood between the tournament players and the casual ones?

FaTmAn2k20

Smash Journeyman
Thats the best way to play this game, I hope that they put a type of mode thats not single button, but only allows you to shine with fox on FD and you have to play fox. That would then set us up for very fair and exciting tourneys. the other stuff is just there to make scrubs feel better because they haven't had *** with a girl yet.
omg and to think i laughed at that fortune cookie when it said i would find my soul mate today

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Circus, my friend, there really doesn't have to. I do tourneys and enjoy battles with my friends. Which is the second thing I will do, play with and against 3 friends locally, then we'll all go home and play online for the fun of it. But the first thing, jump to training mode and drop 18 smash balls! Volt Tackle here I come! (Pikachu's the main man yo!)

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
Since the game is coming out on a Monday, I'll be taking the entire week off in order to unlock all the characters and stages.

Hopefully some of my friends will be able to take some days off too so we can play 4-player matches to get a better feel for the game.

(We're all in our 20s and working full-time for the most part, so I don't know if I or my friends will be able to compete in tournaments unless there's definitely an online feature so I can practice with people like you who'll have a lot more time than I to master Brawl.)

...There better be an online mode... <keeping fingers crossed>

~Old Man Nintendo

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I found this funny rather than irritating.

Weed

Smash Lord
Ill probably play it for 48 hours straight or something of the sort ._.
Maybe even longer

mada0207

Smash Cadet
once i get the game i will lick it all over then go play on my wii thats for mii

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I'll start by selecting Mario and going to Adventure mode, which is just like I did when I first got Melee.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Play Link vs Samus afew times with my friend then beat the crap out of story mode and anything else we need to do to unlock characters.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I will start by basking in the glow of the lights in the mall, get up on the podium, lift Brawl into the sky, and yell in a manly voice, "MADNESS?!?!? THIS, IS, BRAAAAAAAWLLLL!!!!", at which point I will f-tilt the security guards off the edge of the podium into the crowd while my fellow Brawl fans take down the rest of the security guards. I will WD back to my house, powershield any police projectiles, and DJ into my room, l-cancel my land and play NO ITEMS FD TOP TIER ONLY ADVANCE TECHS FTW 4-STOCK GC CONTROLS EDGE-HOGGING ALLOWED NO GLITCHES OMGOMGOMG

Probably stay awake all night playing, then cry myself to sleep the next day after my Wii overheats and melts the disc.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I will start by basking in the glow of the lights in the mall, get up on the podium, lift Brawl into the sky, and yell in a manly voice, "MADNESS?!?!? THIS, IS, BRAAAAAAAWLLLL!!!!", at which point I will f-tilt the security guards off the edge of the podium into the crowd while my fellow Brawl fans take down the rest of the security guards. I will WD back to my house, powershield any police projectiles, and DJ into my room, l-cancel my land and play NO ITEMS FD TOP TIER ONLY ADVANCE TECHS FTW 4-STOCK GC CONTROLS EDGE-HOGGING ALLOWED NO GLITCHES OMGOMGOMG

Probably stay awake all night playing, then cry myself to sleep the next day after my Wii overheats and melts the disc.
I was busting a gut at my desk reading this, especially since I envisioned the whole thing in my head!

By far the best first 24-hours AB (After Brawl) description here! +1

~Old Man Nintendo

Gaudion

Smash Apprentice
First thing I'll do is take Bowser into practice and see what he's like this time around. Then I'll start doing the missions to unlock any characters I can that way. After that, it'll depend. If you can unlock characters by playing online, I'll probaby just wail away on that all night. If not, I'll leave my Wii on in vs. by itself for an extremely long time to rack up play for characters that way.

Before I start getting too hardcore on my character I want to see the entire cast. I don't even know that I'll be using Bowser depending on who else is in the game, though he's still the favorite thus far.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
In all seriousness though I will probably go to special melee and check all the different modes, then I'll mess with all the different items, then I'll start unlocking all the different characters.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
In all seriousness I'm going to play Classic with Yoshi, because I know that will unlock Jigglypuff...the first of one unlocked character!

Revven

FrankerZ
I'll begin by unlocking characters and finding out who I'm best with. How? You may ask, well, by playing 1P mode on Normal with every character and see who I'm good with. Once I find out and have everything unlocked in the process, I'll hit online and maybe a couple days later have my friends over for some Brawling madness!

CoupDeRidley

Smash Rookie
First thing I'd do when I get Brawl? Probably pay for it and walk out of the store.

I need to know more about the game before I can say... I'd probably play the 1P mode and figure out how to use one of the new characters.

komickid

Smash Apprentice
ummmmm start playing then after a couple of weeks check here to see what i missed.

soaz

Smash Ace
Start by reading the inctruction book,then start the game look at the intro,clear classic mode with link Then play with my friends.

PurpleStuff

Smash Apprentice
The creator of this thread is the reason why there are arguments between "casuals players" and "tourney***s" in the first place.

Stay at home with your friends and play with items on. We'll go to tournaments with our friends and play with items off.

There, I made it simple.

Kirye

Smash Ace
What will I do? Race my best friend to the gamestop, both of us buy it at the same time, then right after we leave the store, we scream through the top of our lungs "BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL", drive home like mad, unlock everything as fast as possible, he'll drive to my house, and he'd stay over for about 5 days with me and him playing non-stop Brawl. We'd even call in sick for work.

And then I might go back to my life.. Maybe.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
Well, the first thing I'll do when I start playing...play as Ike (if he doesn't have to be unlocked) on the Castle Siege stage (if it doesn't have to be unlocked) or find out how to unlock Ike (if he has to be unlocked) and Castle Siege (if it has to be unlocked) then unlock them and play!

Top Bottom