• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was your first impression of Brawl?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
My first impression was, " WHAT KIND OF ****ING ITEM-FILLED PARTY GAME ****LOAD IS THIS!?!?!?!

Although, the better graphics were at least a plus.

Also, it was extreme rage at how Fox was ruined.

RaqTasmeneth

Smash Apprentice
My very 1st thought was and I can quote...

"This looks like an inferior mellee"

To this day, I am only holding onto one reason why I moved on, and that is...It has more characters.
"Sonic is in this game? badass!" ... :(

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
In order:

"Where is mah X!!!!"

"WHERE IS GENO"

"WHY I CANT WAVEDASH"

"WHY I CANT ****ING L CANCEL"

"WHY DID I TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

No joke, it was something similar to that.

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
(Not jumping on the Brawl-bashing bandwagon)

First impression: "Wow, this is the most fun Smash game yet!"

And I stand by it :p

:phone:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
"There's gonna be super combos?! Meta Knight's in it?! Suitless Samus is in it?! Pit is in it, and he's as pretty as a girl?! What?! Wario's in it?! Snake?! ****ing Snake?! Dude, this game is gonna be badass!"

That was my first impression of it.

Years later, I admit regret having left Melee. I still like Brawl for what it is though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"I wish I had a wii to play this game"...

...Goes to store, plays display version until kicked out

Wizard Of Seraphym

Smash Cadet
I don't remember my first impression being anything other than "Oh, a new smash game. I am now obligated to buy and enjoy it!" (I do this with pokemon and console zelda titles too)

The first thing I remember while playing it was "Wow, Fox sure kicks fast. I sure wish he had been more like this in Adventures."

And then I learned that competitive smash exists, and then my social life was ruined.

Lucario1337

Smash Journeyman
First thing I said was. "Lucario is in brawl??? Awesome I must get it."
First impression." Where did YL go... Where are the combos? Why is there no hitstun!"

D

Deleted member

"HOW DARE THEY CUT ANYONE FROM THE ROSTER? THIS IS LAME. WHERE IS MY MEGA MAN? Lazy jerks.

Oh hey, there's Lucario. Pretty cool guy."

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I was glad they put Jigglypuff in. Then I proceeded to beat the game on the first night just so I could play as her. They be trolling me by making her one of the last charactes to unlock tho.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I thought it was enjoyable and I loved how all the characters I wanted to be included in Brawl, were.

ZelDan

Smash Master
First impression was a combination of "this feels different" and "OH YEAH NEW SMASH"

Now after getting a bit more into competitive smash I don't think Brawl is really so awesome anymore since it f***ed some things up when ity comes to competeive play but oh well, still get enjoyment from playing the game.

yani_

Smash Ace
My first impression was wow I'm never leaving my house again!!@!@!@ Played Brawl for about 16 hours that day

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Before playing the game, after reading the confirmed roster:

"This... is disappointing. Pretty much all of the cool new characters were revealed already and the rest do not live up to my expectations."

Playing for the first time:

"Wow, it's like N64 Smash all over again! I love it!"

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
"This is freaking cool!"

To be honest, the first thing I noticed was how sick the graphics looked for a Wii title. It was like HD to me at the time. XD

Anyways, I jumped in as Link, and I noticed at how slower he was. Still loved the game nonetheless, since I waited sooooo long for it to come out. (Had it pre-ordered since Sept, expecting it to come out by Dec.)

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
That was years ago, but I remember my initial reaction was that it felt "slow moving." But I grew into it ~

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The first thing I remember thinking was "wow this game is beautiful" graphically that is. I played my first match on FD with Zelda.

The next thought I had was along the lines of "this game seems so much slower, and why are the cpus gaining up on me in a ffa"

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Don't see why it would. I didn't state one as being worse than the other, or which I preferred, or why x is better than y.
Expression of opinion, general or personal, is bound to start one. That's why I left it at the things I was disappointed with - I didn't want to show favor, everybody had something they did or didn't like about every smash game.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
This game is pretty, this is a top quality Nintendo game for sure (graphically).

Then I started playing it and it didn't go too well, I got annoyed by how slow it is. Seriously, too slow to my standards. I just play Brawl for fun with friends my now, nothing beyond that. :/

Top Bottom