• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was the stupidest thing you did/your enemy did on an online match?

Mister.Kim1

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2558-6837-3970
I'll start off:

Opponent picked up the hammer
against a character that can Down-B counter

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
Last night I did something super embarassing in a match.

I was fighting Kirby as Ridley. They combo'd me off the left side of the screen with by stringing hops and forward airs. They did that crouchy taunt thing after while I was spawning in.

On my last stock, I was off the stage again. They came to try and start another combo but I side b grabbed them midair and ko'd them up against the underside of the stage. I recovered and taunted back. After doing so, I jumped off the edge to try and hang on while they were still invulnerable, messed up my recovery, and died at like 40% by missing the ledge with my up B.

They spammed crouch at me. I was salty.

Last edited:

M4NIAC

Smash Rookie
I was at 178% or so with Snake, and my friend was playing cloud. I was on my last stock and he still had 2. As the battle went on, I took one of his stocks and he got me to 279%. (He loved to spam neutral B which has no knockback whatsoever). So he kept charging limit and running away. He gets me offstage with a jab, and I use my recovery to get back on, but he goes for the limit break kill with Down B, but he misses and dies at 30%. His immediate reaction was to say that he wasn't really trying and just wanted the points for style.

huh.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
On more than one occasion I have gone to edge-guard people with a bair stage spike as plant, missed entirely, and because I was fast falling to get to them faster (like an idiot) the endlag of the move caused me to just fall to my death

Humiliating af every time

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
One time as Zelda, I got the first stock off of a Chrom player, then went toward the edge when he respawned. I leapt off and he chased me to try and get a quick kill, so I leapt again further away from the edge, and he followed again. Then I up-B'd to safety and he fell to his death.

Don't get too hungry for that quick kill, kids.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I had a match where, as ROB, I got KO’ed by Kirby’s hammer like twice... that’s pretty embarrassing to get hit by that more than once, as a zoner, in a competitive style match...

Back in Smash 4 FG, I had a match where I was Charizard and I had messed up my recovery and was about to SD, but then the enemy Fox decided to jump off the stage and up air me, which saved me and make him SD. Like, why would they do that...? Why would they specifically use up air?? I was already dead...

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I kill myself trying to show off and land PK Thunder 2 wayyyy too much. It’s almost a bad habit at this point

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
On multiple occasions I forgot to change my nickname and was playing with a wonky control set.

I usually SD from the match when that happens.

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
It’s fairly amusing when I’m playing against an incompetent Ike (I know right? Who would of thought) that does nothing else but spams Counter 24/7 and is shocked when he loses. I don’t think MKLeo used counter once during G6.

Uffe

Smash Hero
This Fox tried to go for an offstage Reflector against me. I guess he was trying to hit me with it to send me further away from the stage. He ate my PK Thunder 2 instead and I won.

Omnos

Smash Cadet
I was playing chrom, last stock for both of us. I got thrown far off stage and my opponent started to tbag at the ledge, thinking I was dead. I managed to get back, and up b low and just in range of the ledge. He got spiked to his death and I snapped to the ledge.

That's some good karma.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I see a few players hit a character going offstage to there death and giving a restock on jumps

Grie

Smash Apprentice
Using mii gunners f smash in general feels discusting online.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I fought this Cloud player who was obviously still learning. I used Mario's jab combo against him, then he would fall to the ground without teching and would do a forward getup roll to my face, I did the jab combo again, rinse and repeat. I lost track how many times he did that.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I was Ridley and I was using Plasma Breath while Mega Man was off-stage. He used Rush Coil, but ended up next to me, and thus was pushed away. After catching the way he was trying to make it onto the stage, I landed an f-smash to kill him. He lost his first and third stock this way. Or, against a Pichu, I took a win because of my side special dragged my opponent below the stage.

Mr Saturn Fanboy

Smash Apprentice
Let my opponent (Kirby) absorb my PK Flash, then proceeded to stand on opposite edges of the stage spamming PK FLAAAAASH until one of us killed ourselves. Went on for a solid 10 minutes across 3 games.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I landed a match ending ko with ganons nair which for some reason connected reaaaaaaaly far behind him. like REALLY far away. I could feel the "WTF?!" from the other player.

also, one time as ness, I landed pkt2 with an IMPOSSIBLE pkt. the ganon was on the very edge of the stage and I was about a foot away from him. I tossed out pkt in an attempt to catch him rolling towards the stage, but he continued to shield. on its way back, my pkt was inevitably going to touch his shield and disappear...……….but it didn't! it went right between the feet of ganon and the stage. I threaded the GOD DAMN NEEDLE dude. and it made contact with me, and worst of all, it actually poked through his shield and killed towards the opposite direction of the stage.

also, I fought an elite marth with ganon and nearly died from up throw. it took like 7 matches to win and i lost so much gsp on ganon … just uhhhgg.. D: so salty.

Top Bottom