• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

...what was that?

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
so i was playing a friend ealier. he had C.falcon and i had...yours truly, falco. so i was losing 4-2 in a stock match on FD. i was shorthop lasering near the edge, at the right moment, he grabbed me and suddenly i shook him off me and i instanly fell off the ledge and 'died' i if i was hit by a spike or something.

and another strange glitch happend when i was comboing Falcon with Shine to dair rapidly and quick. he wasnet even in high percentage.for some reason i missed because Falcon shot high in the air for somereason and screwed me up

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps he grabbed you, and then somehow got hit by the laser afterwards? I know if you shl, and then grab, and then the laser hits them after you grabbed, it releases them automatically.

The second situation is probably explained by your shine hit stun making him fly away. If you hit somebody with shine too many times in a combo it makes people fly away in this wierd fashion with wierd hitstun. Like, they can di ridiculously far when this happens.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
what I think happened is when the fox grabbed, it pushed both characters near the edge which made it auto-release the falcon, but since there was no ground to release him on, it sent him straight down instead.

just one of the really random physics things in video games.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Right Here, I recorded this match personally myself. KoreanDJ footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s232AGgZ3aU

43 second mark!
This is easy to explain.

When he tech rolled, he retained his forward momentum. This would normally cause him to roll off and grab the ledge, a common way to escape tech chasing. However, you grabbed him as he began to fall off the stage. This automatically broke the grab and he fell to his death, whilst still retaining that forward momentum.

When lasering, The hit box doesn't immediately connect with Fox. When a character is in a grab, and is hit by a projectile, both characters are sent flying far apart from one another. When near the edge, this often results in one of the characters being killed.

As for the shine scenario, when a character hits the ground, and is able to tech, and is hit by a move that they've already been hit by within a set amount of time, they enter the "Free fall" animation, whilst retaining the momentum of the attacks knock back. Falco's shine is notable for sending characters extremely high into the air.

The easiest way to reliably replicate this scenario is to repeatedly dash attack a character at mid percentage with fox/falco, or to perform the standard pillar-shine combo to about 50%. the last possible drill until Fox/Falco can jump out of it will cause them to land on the ground on their face/back, rather on their feet with hitstun. If you shine them after this, it will send them into the free fall animation.

Another easy way to replicate this is to crouch cancel Pikachu's down smash at mid percentage.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
the same thing happens if you try to grab fox/falco out of their sideb recovery. i believe its because the hitbox connects after the grab, breaking it up, and there is lag in there that prevents you from recovering if you have no jump.

Top Bottom