• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Casual/hardcore. Im not into the competitive scene, but i still like to used the advanced techniques in my gameplay(kinda half-anused, can't really tell whether im doing it, plus i cant memorize the names):(

S

Synashi

I'm casual/competitive. I play for fun, but I like having advanced techniques. Fun, for me, is a challenging opponent, who doesn't use cheap techniques to immediately win a match. However, if the need arises, I will throw fun aside and start playing more competitively.

Mathis

Smash Rookie
I guess I'm very competitive, then. I'm usually only having fun if I'm being challenged. I can't recall the last time I willingly fought in an item match. Hell, I took off the items before I even knew about Smash tournaments. It's obvious items just make it easier for less skilled players to win, like in Mario Kart (blue shells and red shells, specifically). Luckily, they let you take off the items in Smash--otherwise I wouldn't even play.

godslafco

Smash Cadet
I'm competitive in all aspects, although I do tend to experiment and goof off in free-for-alls.

As for competitive, tournament style play I am forever indebted to it. It's a different thing to be playing against better people evenly matched people and trying to give it everything that you have to win. I love it!

Zatman

Smash Rookie
Competitive-Hardcore Smasher
Of cource my main reason to play Brawl should be having a fun, but it has gotten past that point long time ago. I like to play against strong opponents, when I face too srong opponent I became maybe more motivated than depressed.

This far there has been two or tre monster-like players who i couldn't beat at first and now i am playing at about same level as them, it feels really good to see that i have improved.

Too bad i'm too lazy to become Pro-smasher, im too lazy to even go to local meetings....

Solonetz

Smash Rookie
I guess im a Casual Smasher.

I would put myself under Competetive Smasher, but I don't have alot of time on my hands.

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
Casual long time ago. Now Casual-Competitive

I have never played SSB64 or Melee competitively long ago. I played with items all the time. I never knew what wavedashing or L canceling was. Probably because i don't know anyone in my area who even plays Smash. I don't know if my friends play Smash. My brothers still might play Smash. Anyway, i pretty much play Brawl with items and competitively. Mostly i just like playing with items while being competitive :laugh: Hell i even play Brawl+ with items. Even though if the game was used for competitive, it's also good at other things other then competitive.:bee:

edit: i've only been to only 1 smash tournament though. I don't know how to drive yet :(

StarChaserNX

Smash Cadet
I primarily a casual smasher. I would like to be able to play competitively sometime though. I am rather serious when I play casual and want to win. I could also be called hardcore because if Brawl is taken offline, I'll still play the game.

I like to be able to play in all sorts of enviroments. With items, without items. Any stage. I am of the opinion that a good smasher needs to be able to play well in any kind of situation, not just a select few. Some smashers may say that certain situations create wins by luck, I say that luck is where oppurtunity and preparedness meet!

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
welll let me tell you

play competive then try playing a brawl or a match with items anything can happen, and yea it is luck bc you can't control what happens to the character you are playing

idk if that makes sense but yea

Veggiez

Smash Apprentice
I guess by definition, I am a hardcore/competitive mix.

I love melee's depth and gameplay as a whole (not only the bugs that the pros explloit and such) and I really like how the game itself is worked out. Percentages, not health bars. Ring outs, not 100 life to 0 life. I love that about Smash overall (I know it started as melee).

I also wish to get better and I am serious about doing so. As you can see (or have read) I am very prone to discussion and I wish to discuss the game and its depth further with a community who appreciates it likewise. I don't have my Wii to practice, and thus, my discussing here is to substitute in for my hours of practice. Knowing is half the battle, you know?

That's how I see myself.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
Competitive and picky.
I hate items I think they take it from smash to party. Making it very lame.
However if you set foot near me online Ill slash the heck out of you. And if I get knocked out I do my best to get that particular person out. Revenge much?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I am casual and competitive, in the sense that I play for fun but I like to get better. I don't care about items; if we play with them on, it's just a challenge proposed for me to play and win with them. If we don't play with items, that's fine too; no items means nothing to stop me. Walls are constructed for me to tear them down.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I am casual and competitive, in the sense that I play for fun but I like to get better. I don't care about items; if we play with them on, it's just a challenge proposed for me to play and win with them. If we don't play with items, that's fine too; no items means nothing to stop me. Walls are constructed for me to tear them down.
Heh I have rules with items though if we are playing with items we are playing with all of them not just ****ing smashballs, possibly turning off curry/bumper/heart.

But seriously I agree with you I like playing where ever their are a few stage/character combinations I really don't like but other than that Im up for whatever. Also everyone really should L2P with items on cause other wise a good ZSS/diddy will **** your **** up.

K

killer-rabbit

I'm a competitive, casual, and semi-hardcore. I hate items but willing to play on any stage.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
hmm idk if im hardcore cuz if link wasnt in the game i'd be done (only reason i played 64 is cuz im a link fan) but i've come to love it anyway.. altho i'd be very very pissed off if link was taken out (tho he wont be cuz the veterin characters from 64 are always in) im definately competative =/

dunno lulz

G U R U

Smash Lord
I'd say I'm a professional smasher. I haven't made much money off the game, but I also don't have access to huge tournaments all the time either. I would like to go to ROM2 or Pound4 tho and see how I fair against the other pro's.

I'm not hardcore because I only play melee and have given up on Brawl. It's not worth it anymore.

N

ntvinh986

I have no interest in being the best at smash,
but I love the game and I have played hours upon hours of the game.
The Idea of having a bunch of video game characters fight each is just pure genius in my mind.

Although I do try to play the best I can(which isn't that great due to my shoty hand-eye coordination)

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Czerndog

Smash Rookie
I'd say I'm a professional smasher. I haven't made much money off the game, but I also don't have access to huge tournaments all the time either. I would like to go to ROM2 or Pound4 tho and see how I fair against the other pro's.

I'm not hardcore because I only play melee and have given up on Brawl. It's not worth it anymore.
You, my friend, need to get Brawl+ (google it)

Anyways, Im a melee addict, and i mooch brawl/brawl+ from my friends :D I have fun. but im looking into getting into some tournys.

P

Panda_Mac

Competitive Smasher-Im by far the best in my town, but its pretty **** when we never have any tourneys so i can't play against more people

Aibou

Smash Master
I'm a casual player by force. I'm only sixteen, still in high school, do not have my license yet, and live in a dead town. So traveling to tournaments isn't possible. So I'm pretty much confined to wifi. But the second I get the chance I'm gonna get competitive.

Link_Player123

Smash Rookie
I'm not much of a hardcore player, but I am learning the ropes of becoming one, I hope to be really good and play in tourneys within a few months or possibly a year. I am a link player at heart (you can obviously tell I am a link player by just looking at my username xD) Link is my first choice, Ike is my second, and I don't have a third (I can play adequetly with almost any player except around 3 or 4)

yoyoX

Smash Rookie
a pro smasher

im really good(36th in a site)

i stop move sometime
and sometime i lose(vs spammer T_T)
so i think im a good match-up
i easily predict my enemies
i know what i have to train
and i can easily leave some tip for smasher :)

PZ

Smash Lord
hmmz

well im a looney brawler in other words i dont try that much it really changes how i use the character so im not really compettitive myself if u want a serious brawl im not the 1 u want to look for:chuckle:

Top Bottom