• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

47drift

Smash Journeyman
I'm play entirely casual, even in Brawl. I posted before concerning Melee, but yeah, I'm still casual.

You see, I still treat games as games. Meaning "A fun, recreational activity." So yeah, casual all the way.

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
Normally a casual gamer but then again i get angry if i lose in a certain number of rows. I'm willing to change for the better!

m0rdin

Smash Rookie
I am teh Trophy- (And since Brawl Sticker-) Smasher. I will not rest until the whole crap is mine. Even if I have to undergo heavy torture like Boss Battles on intense or playing the homerun contest.

And off course I want to be better than my friends are. But that's not too hard to accomplish.

SeeKay

Smash Rookie
NNID
rati-kun
3DS FC
1349-6611-7266
I'm about 85% competitive. I dislike items anyway because I am not a big fan of randomly winning/losing a game. Its just seems too childish.

GuephRen

Smash Rookie
NNID
Guephren
Those have been some of the most beautiful words I've ever read! Thanks for writing them!
I would fall unde the casal, but pointing up. Always trying to get better, that's how I ended here! Trying to be more competitive I searched for ways to be so.
I love smash and will continue playing it as long as it's as good as it has always been!
Love smash to death.

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
I don't identify as either really; I'm just not the type to go sticking myself with titles. Win or lose, I play just to have fun. I enter tournaments to have fun. I play lots of online brawls to have fun. I love seeing myself improve in skill, but I don't take it as a big deal if someone totally crushes me. I suppose I'm just some sort of happy medium. :)

Zaryus

Smash Rookie
A little from column A and a little from column B. I would say I play competitively but never have time for tournaments.

Of course having fun is still the most important part of brawl.

JVMetaknight

Smash Rookie
I would be competitive...but the people I play with most often fall under the casual category. I've learned to accept items for what they are - hilarious and exceptionally dangerous. I try to play with them on low, though. Otherwise, it gets a little crazy. CRAZY.

I can't wait to try my hand at tournaments though.

Jeez, I should be writing a research paper...or playing Smash.

yellowkillsya

Smash Rookie
i think i fall under the "Competitive Smasher" i find that a game when played aginst other people is fun when u can make ur self better even when u fail.It shows that though sometimes you have to be the loser, you can still put up a good fight and learn from the things you did wrong before and make your self a better player.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
im competitive FTW. wanting to be pro. lol someone has to understand my love for msash. its a huge part of life.

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
I am a hard-core smasher that is trying to enter the competitive circuit. Any tips? (This question is at everyone, please answer in PMs.)

SSMugen

Smash Rookie
^ same

Since I'm a hardcore fighting game fan (guilty gear, Street Fighter, KoF etc.) I look at smash brother as yet another fighting game for me to pick up and learn. The only thing that gets me in this game is that there aren't enough thecniques for mix-ups and things like that but I can wait until some glotch is figured out or something.

Zetsuei

Smash Cadet
I am terrible at actual brawls, but I pwn in 1v1 battles. Probably because Marth isn't a good multi-way fighter and better for one on one. Would Ike be a better choice for 4-man brawls? Or Lucario? Maybe I can use them for multi-ways and Marth for duels...

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Im not casual, im good at smash and all, but i wouldnt consider myslef pro because the only training i can get is my bros and lvl 9s

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'm a...

I dunno I just really like smash 64, which is clearly the best one. I played that one when it came out as a kid and I still play it today, go figure!

Melee was my ''competitive'' smash game I entered 2 tournaments and ''trained'' at it for 2 years like average 3-4 hours a week.

Brawl I haven't played yet but it doesn't look fun to me because of the removal of some techniques that I liked, mostly lag cancelling, and the major problem from what I've seen is that they made DI so easy that anyone with fingers can do it... hence less combos.

My favorite part of smash is really cool ridiculous combos and jumping off the edge to do ridiculous edgeguarding, and learning how to play with all the characters.

I guess you could call me a hardcore smasher because whether its competitive or casual play im up for a round, but I think Ill stick with the classics. But I do intend to give brawl a shot I just dont have a wii plus Im going to have a son or daughter in less than 5 months and am working super hard on my music so I have little time to play video games.

Smash is still my favorite fighter of all time though.

Oh and I guess the 1v1 fox only no items final destination thing was majorly my fault, I still feel dumb about being so zealous about competitive melee. Who really gives a **** as long as you have fun :)

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
I'm a...

I dunno I just really like smash 64, which is clearly the best one. I played that one when it came out as a kid and I still play it today, go figure!

Melee was my ''competitive'' smash game I entered 2 tournaments and ''trained'' at it for 2 years like average 3-4 hours a week.

Brawl I haven't played yet but it doesn't look fun to me because of the removal of some techniques that I liked, mostly lag cancelling, and the major problem from what I've seen is that they made DI so easy that anyone with fingers can do it... hence less combos.

My favorite part of smash is really cool ridiculous combos and jumping off the edge to do ridiculous edgeguarding, and learning how to play with all the characters.

I guess you could call me a hardcore smasher because whether its competitive or casual play im up for a round, but I think Ill stick with the classics. But I do intend to give brawl a shot I just dont have a wii plus Im going to have a son or daughter in less than 5 months and am working super hard on my music so I have little time to play video games.

Smash is still my favorite fighter of all time though.

Oh and I guess the 1v1 fox only no items final destination thing was majorly my fault, I still feel dumb about being so zealous about competitive melee. Who really gives a **** as long as you have fun :)
hey dude i have like not seen you post in forever whats up?

L- canceling is back just tap down it does the same thing:)

Top Bottom