• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
I'm a combo of these.

I don't really care if they nerf a character and take out L canceling
I believe in honorable conduct and go after projectile spammers
Items are fun if not overused, I mean c'mon, no one likes someone who stays out of the game and waits for a hammer
I don't need to have the game and I don't have cash stashed for the next brawl game. In fact the only reason I have brawl is because I happened to see it at the store
I play for fun. I use my instincts with my intelligence to pull off moves alot of people can't pull off
If I find a combo I like (if I made it or see someone else do it), I make it second nature.
I usually come in first or second in online games (probably 1st 50% 2nd 40% 3rd/4th 10%)

So I guess I am my own breed?

blackbelt_tkd

Smash Rookie
Hardcore/pro/casual

I am something of a hardcore/pro/casual smasher. I play to win and am very good at just that, but as of late, I've reverted to using it as a stress reliever because of my brutal schoolwork. . . HIGH SCHOOL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!:mad: Oh well, I've been working on a challenge though every since I played it on the N64 at a McDonalds one fateful day and by jove I've finally got it!! Fight a team of 3 lv9 Marths with your worst character on final destination. It is so freakin hard!! BTW, I would like to show you all my Ike mastery, but I can't due to my lack of broadband in the general area. Oh well. :ike::ike::ike::ike:

Tark

Smash Rookie
Competitive....i do everything to become better
Smash Bros >(just a little bit) Halo 3 > Sleep

RedTone

Smash Cadet
I am a casual game with a competitive heart D:
With friends and family the game is more enjoyable as any other game
but I'd really get into winning more when there is something to win and more so if there was something to lose

Unreal

Smash Rookie
Awesome article there, kirbykid. I'll most likely be a competitive/hardcore player for as long as the Smash Bros. series goes on.

cheesy goodness

Smash Rookie
I fall more into the casual competitive category. I am very competitive when it comes to smash brothers but i do like to change things around like add in final smash balls or just spam bomb ombs on the stage.

Chronic Canuck

Smash Rookie
I'm a noobie smasher that just plays to have fun but I guess I would be put under the Competitive category just because I am trying to get better so I can beat my brother and friends and stuff like that haha. I don't take this game as a life or death kinda thing. Just some good old fun. :chuckle:

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
I'm in the competitive smasher group, but my friends and I usually **** around when we play. The thing is we're good at messing around, like offstage falcon punching, and bowser kamikaze grabbing :)

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I am a casual hardcore smasher. I want to get better at the game, but I don't really shun all items at the same time. I sometimes play with smash ball on since it can be fun. I don't really believe that "no items = skill". I play with them off and on. However, some stages I think ruin the game its all about luck sometimes in those stages. Like, the wario level, olimar's level, and flatzone.

I don't really care if anybody gets nerfed, since I will always play with them or just switch my main. I used to play Yoshi last game and I still do, even though he hardly got any better. As you can tell by my username I love Yoshi and Diddy Kong. ANd the fact that Diddy Kong is good competitively makes me happy at least.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
competitive-hardcore

I have always felt the need to become better at smash, be it SSB64, Melee, or Brawl and I will stick with it untill its discontinued or I die :laugh:

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
Casual-Competitive Smasher.

I haven't gotten to play in any tournaments yet, but I still strive to beat lots of people. The only person I usually play with is my brother, but because of online play, I'm trying to beat all the guys I know [within my friends] who say they can beat anyone when they haven't even gotten a glimpse of how the REAL smash world is.

cuppiecakes

Smash Rookie
Just a Casual Smasher.

I'm not determined to be a super pro but I do play quite often for fun.

Magikarp

Smash Cadet
Casual/Hardcore.

Been with the series since the original, and it's, in all honestly, the only game i can play for hours on end without getting bored, which is why i'll stick with it to the very end.

And I'm not much of a competitive person, if I lose to someone it won't really bother me much, as long as i had fun. ^^

DragoonXD

Smash Cadet
NNID
DragoonXD
Casual/Hardcore

I used to always just play casually, items and everything in Melee. Then, I won the first round (almost the second) of the Gamestop tournament. It's convinced me to try and go competitive.

CodeytheRhino

Smash Apprentice
Looks like I'm competitive. I love the game, but I'm terrible compared to all the vids I've seen on here. Not to mention I didn't understand half of the language for the "Hardcore" smasher. lol

Yoshi The Super Dragon

Smash Rookie
i think i am a casual/hardcore player i want to get better but i dont mind if i lose and if brawl didnt have wifi i would still get the game

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hardcore/Competitive.

Hunderds of pages of fanfictions, a couple of tournaments, and literally over 200 hours in Melee.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Competitive-Survivor-Hardcore: that's me

There should be an extra option to describe if you play with items or not. Because that makes two smashers think VERY different. Watch item vs non item discussions and you will see.
I am a Competitive-Hardcore.
Also, I don't think pro smasher should be a type of player. Because that's not attitude, but skill.

Item players have this spirit of adapting, overcoming, surviving and winning. They like to win against randomness and chaos. And to play the game all items, all stages and unleash final smashes etc. Non items players want to get rid of all randomness, and they just want to prove they are good 1 vs 1, no items , Final Destination only.

If I had to name them:

Survivor (Item play) vs Fighter (Non item play).

Survivor: Adapt, overcome, dominate and survive against all odds.

Fighter: They want a fighting game. No randomness. No luck. No hazards. A strict set of rules. Character skills only.

[PU] Poison

Smash Rookie
I consider myself a Hardcore-Competitive Smasher, I love Brawl even though many techniques were off and speed was reduced. I also try to improve and to win consistently.

elidoan

Smash Rookie
I guess I fall under casual competitive, been playing SSB ever since the original on n64 and in truth every game of the serious just flat out rocks. I enjoy playing casually with friends with items or whatever, but otherwise I like to try to get better at the game in general.

Keiran

Smash Rookie
I would have to be between competitive smasher and pro. I like competition and if I encounter someone better than me I will try and try until I get better than that certain person. What I mean with that is that, I put challenges for myself. So if there is a certain person that kicks my arse, then I won't stop until I get better than him. Heehe, yeah I'm weird :\.

Top Bottom