• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
I guess I find myself in the competitive/casual section of smashers; when it comes to Brawl, I'm constantly thinking about new tactics and where to improve my game, but I also love to kick back with some of my friends for an afternoon of 64 (no hammer, everything else is fair game). I still want to win, but long as I can get even one kill with Ness I'm happy :)

Shinja

Smash Apprentice
Hm..for me, Im quite a mix of competitive and casual. I know how to sit back and just have fun on temple with other people but when it comes to my main or characters I know Im good at, I get kind of...touchy. I really like to do well and improve and I really thrive on that so I do get the point of getting angry when people are trying to mess with me when Im trying to be serious. I also hate it when I try to lighten things up for myself by messing around a little, and then the other person gets angry. Its a very odd situation for me. Im not all casual nor am I all competitive. Just different fires burn in different situations I guess.

F41R

Smash Rookie
I'd have to define myself as a hardcore/competitive smasher. I've played this series since its glory days on the good ol' N64, and I'll stick with this series even if everyone else starts to go away from it. This is my game, and I love every moment that I play it. I also like a good level of competition, too; if everyone you fight is just an easy, you'll-always-win type of battle, then I see no value in being competitive.

But that's just me.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
My objective while playing is to make my opponent so pissed off that he wants to physically injure me by the time the set is over.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Competitive smasher. I played 64, then Melee, then Brawl, then 64; Semi-Casual forays into Brawl+ and Brawl- further convinced me that the series reached its apex back in '99. For the past year or so, I've been playing for hours a day both online and on console, interacting with the community on here and on the Galaxy, posting vids and pwning nubs. Although I'm not very good compared to Fireblaster, Isai, A$, SuPeRbOoMfAn, Jaime, Koro, or the other 1337o's, I enjoy pushing myself to the limit in smash 64 more than I've enjoyed any other game in my life, and I look forward to many more years of mastering the minutiae of this immortal cornerstone of modern society.

G.Tragnarok

Smash Rookie
I like predicting my opponents movements before they do it and use it to my advantage by confusing and dodging my opponents attacks. Very fun till the opponent use that against me Ü

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Im a casual & fun brawler. I also try and play smart as well for the most part. Im just a person who likes to have fun really

emiguelsv

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceMS
Nice work event though this is old. O:

I consider myself a Hardcore-Competitive Smasher. Since 64 I've been loving and playing.
It is still fun to play with items in Hyrule and go under it to Smash like a crazy lol.

Sexy Mirage

Smash Rookie
I guess i'm kind of casual, I play it, I like it, I pwn people, I'm happy!

I have fun doing things over and over again. (And get anoyed sometimes)

Aerialist

Smash Cadet
Um I guess I fall under casual. I've been playing since the 64 days and I always play by house rules. Anybody who has a good attitude I can play with. Usually if the person/people I'm playing with is/are having fun then so am I (unless they're a ****). I was never spectacular at Melee (I could beat any other casual player, but got owned hard by tournament players).That's not to say that I suck, I am tournament level in Brawl (and maybe 64? never met anyone better, but that's not saying much) and I could maybe get to the third or fourth round of a melee tournament with some luck. I enjoy playing even when I'm losing. I played for two hours just last week in Melee against a guy who beat me EVERY ROUND for two hours and I still had fun. Even when it's not fair, even when the rules are ********. I play 4-person free-for-alls with items and I play one on ones (I found free-for-alls are more fun because they are less repetitive). Even tournament players who I've beaten would call me a casual player. I do hate tournaments though, they stopped being fun when people turned them into spam/camp fests. Though I love Brawl I can see why some people think it requires no skill based on the way some people play. I play for fun (and props on occasion), but I think people who play to win have changed the game into something I really don't want to play because they get to serious. I'll step off of my soap box now.

NorthShaymin

Smash Rookie
Competitive and Hardcore.

I just like the whole game's theory in general. There is really nothing they can do to the game to make me stop playing. I just like getting better and better by playing people better than me blah blah blah blah blah, etc etc. Although, if it wasn't online... that'd be a little bit of a problem lol.

dragnet4000

Smash Apprentice
I'm the smasher who wants to get better, but doesn't want to lose the fun with playing those who aren't as skilled (gifted?).
I guess I'm competitive, but am not quite there yet in terms of skill.

nessorlucas224

Smash Rookie
i'd have 2 say im a real earthbounder (i play Ness and Lucas REALLY GOOD) either them or toon link or sonic. if you c me WATCH OUT!!!.*makes competitive face*besides my friend code is :0603-9045-0270 see u in brawl!-nessorlucas224 :3 ps the names rozy

Janktrio

Smash Rookie
What type of smasher am I, hmmm... I'd say I'm a weird smasher. I hit hard and fast for a few seconds then I back up and let my opponent charge me before I push them back with a well timed attack, then I continue the pattern, or I change it up should the opportunity arise.

perfectionless

Smash Rookie
I don't know what kind of Smasher I am. I know I'm not competitive

Anyways, I tend to pick the characters I suck with, then I pick the random box, and then my best characters

my stragety usually involves alot of dodging but sometimes I tend to switch it up ^^

ZeikHunter

Smash Rookie
I guess I'm casual, but at the same time I'm very competitive. I don't have very many challenges in my household or neighborhood, so I'm looking to expand just to see how hard I can fall.

I LOVE WALL JUMP, especially the way "that one Pokemon" jumps. In a sense, he's very floaty. I seemed to have chosen him initially for the article I read on the Dojo where his aura grows as he takes damage. He has a charged attack, a counter, a good (albeit harmless) recovery move, and a good Final Smash for small stages, which my friends all feel obliged to choose. :)

Top Bottom