• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
It's a great post and beautiful poetry all at once. I hate playing with items when I want to play seriously. Too me, seriously is 1v1 Final Destination OR Battle Field NO ITEMS. Even when I mess around, I still sort of despise items (because Peach and Zelda are already funny enough when they fall flat on their face). Over all, I am competitive and I'm always looking for ways to better myself. I used to be a hardcore Lucas player (No matter what happens to Lucas, I'm sticking with him). But then I started to notice Peach. She was actually the first character for me to ever hate with a passion. (UGH LOOK AT THAT STUPID FLAT FACE. OMG RLY? A GOLF CLUB?! STUPID **** TURNIP). But just like every romance, it starts off with fighitng and despising. I'm actually in love with Peach now, and sort of use Lucas from time too time.

So yeah, I kinda just filled this whole post with a bunch of NQV( Nada que ver/ Has nothing to do with the topic).

I would state myself as a competetive player, but I screw around LOADS with Peach and Zelda. I'll get my friend to send them too me and I'll post them up. :)

And if you actually took all the time to read this, you've made my day.

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
Hardcore Falcon, Competitive smasher. Because watching a top tier character burn by The C. Falcs hand is way too good. Then if you lose? C'mon man, i'm low-tier. Haha, it's one big win.

swordslad12

Smash Cadet
In the middle of casual and hardcore gamer, don't believe in Tier's (DON'T FLAME ME) and love annoying people with marth :)

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I broke a gamecube controller once, but it was not during a SSB game, it was during a Soul Calibur gay ice level fight (where everybody slides and die)... :p

lmao
you may very well be Marc Buckley
lmao
yeah SC can be really really gay sometimes.

Thrice

Smash Cadet
Meh, I guess I'm sort of a casual player, but I do constantly try to get better at any game I play. I'm kind of a mellow person by nature, so I don't really RAGE about losing.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
♪ Being a girl and not being so serious as guys ^_^ i'm more of a casual gamer and sometimes competitive :p ♪™

-Mist
Well it's good that you actually play games! (Proud of you)
My friend Lizzet however, playes both competitavly and casualy.. Halo, Gears of War, SSBB, SSBM you name itt! I'm teaching her to be good at Tekken, which is my cup of tea. :)

dazzle

Smash Rookie
I'm new :) So I don't really know if I sound stupid (sorry)
Um.. I think I would have to e a... casual/competitive. To make this claer, I am a little more competitive with a casual aditude. I don't care if I lose, and I honestly don't really get into it. Don't get me wrong though, I like playing in plain stages mostly (Mainly Smashville and Final Destination) and I prefer to turn off items, but if someone does have items on, I will go along. I am not too hardcore, I do want to get better and I've never been to a tourney (although it does sound fun) I went to this site hoping to visit my competitive side a bit more...
I also don't believe in tiers, if you try to argue I'd probably ignore cause I'm a positive person. I seem casual but I am familiar with SSB terms such as "DI" or "tiers" or "QAC"
And just to make things clear, I own melee and brawl and they are both good in their own ways.
So... yeah. That's a little more dazzle for you :)

Soulwithlife

Smash Cadet
Where no one can hear you scream...the UK
I suppose I'm somewhere imbetween casual and competitive. I mean, I want to get better at smash and show my friends that ZSS isn't just eye candy, but then I don't think anything is 'cheap' and I don't believe in tiers. I also don't take myself seriously half of the time, and often admiring a way another player is playing instead of cursing them for beating me.

Casual/Competitive hybrid for me :)

martinez7990

Smash Rookie
Thank again, one and all here at smash board, for all the hard work designing and upgrading the forum features and the Support teams.thanks

LKR20

Smash Rookie
I'm the type that will avoid your attacks, then throw a bunch of items at you and laugh as you either fall or get thrown off the stage. So I'm casually-competitive.

GarraLeeLink7

Smash Apprentice
Casual/Competitive... Believe It Or Not It Is Possible.

I Enjoy Casual Smashing, (Which I Personally Think Is Much More Fun) But Then Again, I Strive To Be The Best I Can Be, Just Off-Of Pure Skill... (No Items, FD Only.)

Variable

Smash Ace
I'd say competitive. I may be slightly new, but already consider myself decent. Atleast at Wifi. I don't think I can pick up a game that has online, and not take it competitively. From Halo's, to gears, to Call of duty. I've always been on top of my game.. And most of the time I'm having fun, and I enjoy winning so I'm pretty casual about my competitive gaming. If that makes sense??

So yes, some time in the future I'd plan on going to tournaments, but that's further down the road.

martinez7990

Smash Rookie
Quite good multiply paragraph.yea i would have to classify myself as a competetive/hardcore as well, as probably most of the people on smashboards probably are as well.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
may seem a bit odd but im more of a casual-
competitive mix. i play for fun but also to train!

Bakyura

Smash Rookie
Pro Smasher: A pro smasher is an expert player, however sometimes I feel bad when I take out a n00b :p but yea I have been playing since the beginning of Melee

Lord Typh

Smash Rookie
Game wise, I rely more on melee than range. I don't like the projectiles that much, since they seem a bit to weak for use, at least to me.

Play wise, I like completion but I play for fun. Of course, I, like most people on earth, like victory, but I like ot have fun and if I lose while having fun, so be it.

Colorbeard

Smash Rookie
I'd say I am a casual-competing smasher. I play it, I try and get better, I try and find friends online to play instead of cpus and friends around m neighborhood, but I don't play it all the time.

Meta_Knight_777

Smash Apprentice
My style... Aggressive, no matter the character. On Wifi however I am not above goofing off, or annoying the heck out my enemies. If I can force my foe on the defensive, I generally win. For me it is suprisingly easy with Bowser and other Bruisers.

Darach

Smash Rookie
The Strategic type I usually plan 2 moves ahead. I'm not really competitive I play mostly for fun especially with items. But if its for serious I put my thinking cap on I just don't wing it.

Top Bottom