• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what the heck is luigi's final smash about?

comboking

Smash Master
he is crazy that is all i don't kinow WTF he's doing i beat the game almost two times he does nothing like it

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Final Smashes dont have to be from a game. I never saw Giga Bowser outside of Smash. I never saw the Mario Finale. I never saw the Robot's FS anywhere else.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Final Smashes dont have to be from a game. I never saw Giga Bowser outside of Smash. I never saw the Mario Finale. I never saw the Robot's FS anywhere else.
Technically Melee is a game and Mario's Final Smash is just a super power neutral B. And in all fairness, R.O.B. never did his neutral, side, or up B as well. I get what you're saying though. Luigi's is not deprived from any game at all, but rather Luigi's character as a whole. He was always forced to live in his Mario's shadow (OMG Shadow Mario confirmed!!11!!!) where he evidently "embraced his dark side". It is something like the character development that Sakurai talked about in the Subspace update. It gives me hope for a new game where Luigi gets the official title of Player 1.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
So I heard from a friend who's played the game extensively that Luigi's FS serves a purpose that ( as far as I can see ) no one has figured out yet: If you use Luigi's "kick taunt" on someone in the radius, it is apparently a one-hit kill.

Someone MUST try this and report, as it would boost this FS into legendary status.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
So I heard from a friend who's played the game extensively that Luigi's FS serves a purpose that ( as far as I can see ) no one has figured out yet: If you use Luigi's "kick taunt" on someone in the radius, it is apparently a one-hit kill.

Someone MUST try this and report, as it would boost this FS into legendary status.
I actually think that Luigi's taunt will become of good use in tournaments other than just taunting.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
in fact.. when luigi's taunt hits.. it makes the sound of a homerun bat, with or without and lucas seemd that he could fly pretty far if he wasn't stopped by the mansions ceiling

DQP

Smash Ace
in fact.. when luigi's taunt hits.. it makes the sound of a homerun bat, with or without and lucas seemd that he could fly pretty far if he wasn't stopped by the mansions ceiling
huh. that's odd. i don't recall taunts thrashing smashers.

Catmunnies

Smash Apprentice
With Luigi's FS he just wants everybody to calm down, and just chill for a minute. I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to have to fight a ninja turtle on steroids, and a 300 pound bird with a hammer.

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
2 of the times i have seen it the opponent taunted... do any of you guys know what i mean? like have you seen it... also it would suck to die of luigis super-powered-football-punt-of-shyness.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
2 of the times i have seen it the opponent taunted... do any of you guys know what i mean? like have you seen it... also it would suck to die of luigis super-powered-football-punt-of-shyness.

His taunt attack has SET KNOCKBACK. No matter what the percentage of your enemy, it only sends him 10 ft high. You won't be killing anyone with it.

I still don't know what happens if you hit someone with it when they're hanging on the edge. In melee it was instapwn...

Magnacor

Smash Ace
His taunt attack has SET KNOCKBACK. No matter what the percentage of your enemy, it only sends him 10 ft high. You won't be killing anyone with it.
That's what I thought. Oh well. Even with set knockback it would be fun to mess around with.

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice

I still don't know what happens if you hit someone with it when they're hanging on the edge. In melee it was instapwn...
but what i was saying was the fs increases the knock back, but idk if it doubles it or what. so anyway, if it increases the knockback, shouldn't the taunt do more set knock back so it could kill on low celing places or somthing? kk :p

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
It's either a reference to the fact that Luigi eats mushrooms in Super Mario Brothers, or Sakurai just really liked the idea, and couldn't find any other character to give the move to.

The Qu

Smash Apprentice
I took the FS to be a reference to how Luigi was an inverted Mario in SMB, in terms of color. But that might just be me.

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
Its not got ANYTHING to do with Luigi's Mansion. I might be the only person on the boards who played all the way through that game and loved it. It's a **** shame he didnt get his poltergust 3000... at all... is it featured in any way? Like does E. Gadd appear from an assist trophy and use it? anything??

Im glad we got the stage, and the music is nostalgic for me, but I miss the vacuum :(

But I can safely say his FS is not from Lugi's mansion. I dont know where it's from.. I played all the way through super paper mario too, but it seems like it might have been in there, i might have missed it.
The same for me. Well put. Only I havnt played super paper mario yet :ohwell:

the g

Smash Rookie
it's a form of genjutus he learned thats all luigi's FS is he not on ne drugs he just fine tuned his skills

volbound1700

Smash Master
What is the negative zone from? What game?

At least he didn't have same FS as Mario (see Fox, Wolf, Falco fs).

Magnacor

Smash Ace
"As exotic music plays, he performs a dance befitting a sorcerous incantation. A barrier envelops him, negatively impacting all in his area. Random effects include getting launched, sleeping, moving in slow motion, tripping, fainting, and losing attack power. This technique is a reflection of the dark side he embraced in his brother's shadow."
What is the negative zone from? What game?

At least he didn't have same FS as Mario (see Fox, Wolf, Falco fs).
I repeat, this is the translated trophy description. It has nothing to do with overdosage of 'shrooms, Mr. L from Super Paper Mario, his Mega Strike, or green ghosts. Judgng from this:

Sakurai;
This time around I’d like to present him as less of the eternal second fiddle—and maybe give him a new title like, "everyone’s favorite man in green"!
Sakurai didn't want him to be pictured as Mario's clone; he wanted him pictured as his own character. Judging from what Sakurai said and the trophy description, I think this Final Smash represents that he is no longer in Mario's shadow and is free to not rip-off Mario's moves any longer. Personally, I'm glad they took this approach instdead of just making him do the same things as Mario except a lot wimpier. *crosses fingers for new Luigi game*

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wow. I never thought that Luigi's FS could cause uncontrollable taunting. There are more side effects shown than the ones listed? Impressive!:eek:

Sakurai: Luigi is the dreamy, comical poster boy of the Smash series, and everywhere he goes his slightly awkward presence is felt.
Just for that quote, this has to be one of the best Dojo updates I have ever seen. Go Luigi!:luigi:

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
I repeat, this is the translated trophy description. It has nothing to do with overdosage of 'shrooms, Mr. L from Super Paper Mario, his Mega Strike, or green ghosts. Judgng from this:

Sakurai didn't want him to be pictured as Mario's clone; he wanted him pictured as his own character. Judging from what Sakurai said and the trophy description, I think this Final Smash represents that he is no longer in Mario's shadow and is free to not rip-off Mario's moves any longer. Personally, I'm glad they took this approach instdead of just making him do the same things as Mario except a lot wimpier. *crosses fingers for new Luigi game*
Amen to both! We could sure use another Luigi game, maybe his awesome moveset in Brawl will peak some people's curiosity? Eh it's worth a shot. :p

And yeah I'm glad uncloning him completely was one of their priorities, it makes sense now that he doesn't have the Poltergust.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
As for where it's from, I think it may just be based on Super Paper Mario's dimensional anomalies and Luigi's huge role near the end of that game. Probably not, though.
*facepalm*

Amen to both! We could sure use another Luigi game, maybe his awesome moveset in Brawl will peak some people's curiosity? Eh it's worth a shot. :p

And yeah I'm glad uncloning him completely was one of their priorities, it makes sense now that he doesn't have the Poltergust.
Glad I could be of service. :)

comboking

Smash Master
<Final Smash: Negative Zone>

When you trigger Luigi’s Final Smash, funky world music fades in and the immediate area gets wrapped up in the Negative Zone.

You’re on Luigi’s turf now!

Opponents who set foot in the Negative Zone are plagued by a random assortment of effects including:

Drastically reduced attack power
Greater launch distance when hit
Increased likelihood of slipping
Steady increase in damage percentage
Flower growth on head
Dizziness
Uncontrollable taunting
Sudden sleepiness
Decreased movement speed
...And so on.

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
One of these IS what it is based on. No questions asked.

http://www.mariowiki.com/-1

http://www.mariowiki.com/Subspace

I put subspace in there because world -1 makes more sense as far as the name(negative) but things dont really change or invert. Whereas in subspace, the color scheme changes, veggies become coins etc.

Also, i definitely thought it was based on a bad shroom trip at first(personally i think it is but they couldnt say that publicly)

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
he lets out his rage for not being High tier in melee
hee hee, nice. like all celeberties hidden in a shadow he, what, no doesn't do drugs!!! he dances. then a ghost messes with your head so u think it looked like a good danncer. :chuckle:

DQP

Smash Ace
the dojo update with luigi's fs very informing and very comical too. "you're on luigi's turf now!" funny

Top Bottom