• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What techniques are the hardest to pull off for you?

D

Deleted member

I'd have to say Moonwalking, seriously, I cannot get that **** down.

AND I play Falcon, too. So basically, that's like one of his main techniques that I can't pull off, which sucks for me lol.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I've been playing this game for over a decade and I still can't multishine for my life.

That might be because I play Marth.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
As Marth, I can't gimp Falco with side-b when he's below the ledge recovering up. @_@ I can do it with fair no problem, but not side-b.

Sacredtwin11

Smash Apprentice
The hardest? Turnaround waveshine backwards into a moonwalk is by far the hardest.
You don´t belief me? I did powershield waveshining the other day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SfLQe-62gE&feature=youtu.be
That isn't actual powershielding, that's waveshining out of shield.

As a marth main I find reverse ledgedashing with full invincibility hard, I still have a decent amount of frames of vulnerability not to mention the sd's I've had. Ledge hop double fairing is also hard, I can get it like 20% of the time. And getting a full nair out after a shield drop on a side plat of yoshi's, or PS is pretty hard too.

Bones0

Smash Legend
That isn't actual powershielding, that's waveshining out of shield.

As a marth main I find reverse ledgedashing with full invincibility hard, I still have a decent amount of frames of vulnerability not to mention the sd's I've had. Ledge hop double fairing is also hard, I can get it like 20% of the time. And getting a full nair out after a shield drop on a side plat of yoshi's, or PS is pretty hard too.
For reverse ledgedashes, make sure you are going as far onto the stage as you can in the short amount of time before the airdodge. If you don't DJ towards the stage it forces you to wait longer before the airdodge. Also make sure you are angling your WD as steep as possible. You will know you are doing it right when the airdodge input also inputs your FF to the ledge.

Sacredtwin11

Smash Apprentice
For reverse ledgedashes, make sure you are going as far onto the stage as you can in the short amount of time before the airdodge. If you don't DJ towards the stage it forces you to wait longer before the airdodge. Also make sure you are angling your WD as steep as possible. You will know you are doing it right when the airdodge input also inputs your FF to the ledge.
Thanks for the tips. Weirdly enough, I have a lot more trouble doing it on the left ledge than the right ledge.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Dashing Pivot Ledge Grab with Falcon. It's a pain in the ass because it takes perfect timing and spacing but I've started to get it down and it's a really rewarding feeling when I do it multiple times in a row. :D

gravy

Smash Ace
Terry if you can actually do that consistently at all then you're a god.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
shinegrab where the shine hits on the run (fox). i think i'm doing it too fast, but some days it works, and other days, it doesn't.

grounded jc shine-upsmash is going to take some time too. i don't think i care enough to get that down though. there are other priorities.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Terry if you can actually do that consistently at all then you're a god.
Thanks, lol. It's not impossibly hard it just takes quite a bit of work. The payout is pretty high if you can do it though. Dashing Pivot Ledge Grab (or Love Zone, so sexy) is really only useful when you're close enough to the ledge. Falcon's initial Dash animation is 16 Frames long before it turn into the Run animation which you can't pivot out of, because of that I do [SH -> Land -> Moonwalk -> Ledge Grab] more than the pivot ledge grab because I'm usually too far from the ledge to do it.

gravy

Smash Ace
Man when I practiced it I thought it would be impossible to do reliably, what percentage of the time do you get it?

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Man when I practiced it I thought it would be impossible to do reliably
Nuffin' is impossible mate! NUFFIIIINNNN!
what percentage of the time do you get it?
I'm not sure really. Sometimes I can do it three times in a row, most of the time I don't get it at all. I'd say like 20% if that. It's hard to guess. I 'spose I need to practice it more and let you know. :D

Edit:
I just went ahead and made a 2 min video of me doing it a few times. The main thing you need to know how to do it flicker Pivot. There's a point when you're pivoting near the ledge that Falcon's front foot is off the stage, that's when you pivot. If you space it right within the 16 frame window, both of his feet will be off the stage when you pivot so you'll fall and grab the ledge. Wanna be really cool? Fast Fall after lol. Also, I seem to be able to do it best on the left side of the stage.

**** yeah pivoting!

gravy

Smash Ace
This definitely seems like the hardest thing to do. The thing is, you'd have to have it at 100% to use in match since its risky to fall off... It seems so hard to get that good at it!

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
This definitely seems like the hardest thing to do. The thing is, you'd have to have it at 100% to use in match since its risky to fall off... It seems so hard to get that good at it!
Cool thing is, you don't have to use it at the ledge! I've used to at the beginning of a match on Battlefield to get a dropzone Knee before. You could use it at a ledge to bait them coming after you and reply to them with a Back Air if you miss the pivot.

While on the topic of Pivot Ledge Grabs are there any other techniques that require both spacing and timing?

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
Consistently wavedashing, among many other things. I quit Melee, and I play Smash 64 now anyway.

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Pivot ledge grab seems weird to me. You can do a pivot -> wavedash -> fastfall to get the ledge almost as quickly. But yeah if there's nothing left to practice, why not?

Otherwise I'd say haxdashing is propably the hardest, while still being very useful. It's definitely the AT that has taken me the longest to learn, and I have learned more or less everything technical you can do with Falcon. Oh yeah, instant uair on Fox is ****ing hard, especially if you insist on using the c-stick for it xD

Now I'd like to be able to waveshine oos and multishine like a TAS god

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Pivot ledge grab seems weird to me. You can do a pivot -> wavedash -> fastfall to get the ledge almost as quickly. But yeah if there's nothing left to practice, why not?

Otherwise I'd say haxdashing is propably the hardest, while still being very useful. It's definitely the AT that has taken me the longest to learn, and I have learned more or less everything technical you can do with Falcon. Oh yeah, instant uair on Fox is ****ing hard, especially if you insist on using the c-stick for it xD

Now I'd like to be able to waveshine oos and multishine like a TAS god

I thought you were a Jeapie fan!

Obviously, you learn the pivot ledgegrab for the flash. I mean come on, why settle for a knee dropzone when you can do a pivot reverse knee dropzone?

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
The hardest? Turnaround waveshine backwards into a moonwalk is by far the hardest.
You don´t belief me? I did powershield waveshining the other day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SfLQe-62gE&feature=youtu.be
This song was playing in the background when I clicked the link and it went well... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cngtKI-2xzs

But uhhh, i've been playing for like a year, I've got waveshines down and any other basic spacies techniques. Except I still can't moonwalk with anyone other than Peach/Link and when I do its a baby backstep sort of Deal. But, I'm a peach player.

Top Bottom