• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What taunt do you use?

Baby Mr.L

Smash Rookie
What taunt do you use when you're waiting for your oppenent's next stock?(I know this is random but i was bored) Mine is enviromental ness =O

Uffe

Smash Hero
Up - I refuse to lose.
Right - Where did you go?
Down - Bring back some milk.

I like the down taunt the most, though. "HU-AH!"

Baby Mr.L

Smash Rookie
" Ok" is annoying, i do it every time i sweetspot bair it makes my oppenet SD. =)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Probably either of my side taunts.
"I felt that one!"

Evil-Bart09

Smash Rookie
I don't usually taunt during my matches, but i usually use his Side taunt more than others.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I ALWAYS taunt "Okay!" at the very end of a match. When everything is in slow-motion at the end and Ness is slowly bowing and saying "Okay!".

StevenMctoweleee

Smash Rookie
Usually when I taunt, which is nearly never, i will probably go with the "Okay!" Because for some reason i always press that button, and no other taunts... x_x

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thinks his "OK" taunt is kinda meh....

<3 Side Taunt
Well, there are two kinds of good taunts: cool, and annoying. Ness doesn't have any cool ones (like Falcon), so you have to go with the annoying "okay."

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
All taunts are annoying, silly. :psycho:
It's the main reason they are called taunts.

And Ness has cool taunts, too!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I KO myself. Sometimes I make an exception if Im down to my last stock (sometimes).
I know Im gonna win anyways, I play Ness, geez.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Up or Down taunt. Both sweet.

Ness beats Lucas when it comes to taunts.

Lucas's taunts suck except for his down taunt which is beaten by Ness's down taunt.

Lucas is still better though...

Masky

Smash Master
I always just down air repeatedly in between stocks... no one better steal it :(

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I taunt-cancel in Smash 64. Ness and Captain Falcon are the best taunt-cancelers in that game.

"Okay! Okay! Okay! Okay! Okay! Okay!"

"Show me your moves! Show me your moves! Show me your moves!"

S@Lyt

Smash Rookie
I tell ness you make it quick and then use "ok" taunt is so **** but its worth it

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
The taunt has to be tailored to the situation. Like all of a character's moves, they are there to increase your probability of winning.

I am not joking. Taunts can make a difference. Use them right, and your opponent's rage (or envy) will give him up. Used wrong, and you may fuel his power... or give him something to use against you.
Taunting is not for the light of heart.

That said, here's when I taunt:

Up taunt: When I pull off something so ridiculously good for something so little (or by chance or his mistake more than my own action) ending in a powerful hit. Like when he dodges into my Bat. Or people die to my recovery.

Side taunt: General purpose taunt. I do something awesome, I show them the bat and Ness' boundless confidence. Shows I'm serious about winning.
Sometimes the mood is different, though... and up taunt just works. Really, for me, because of my "presence" in the tourney setting, I use taunts more to boost my ability than damage my opponent's. An "okay" is a fun reminder of why I love Ness.

Down taunt: Perfect play. This is when I've totally owned someone for an uninterrupted 100%, or two-stocked somebody with still a way to go before being in K.O. range. This is the only taunt I risk when my opponent isn't actually dead yet - it has a lot of power to enrage.

Sometimes I use side taunt in the middle of a stock, but only when my opponent is offstage. It says "yeaaahhh I got you offstage, let's see you get back, pal." Of course it has to be when I have no edgeguard options (for the character that's recovering), or it's just silly.

Mind you, my personality can make some of this playfulness work.

Last, I don't really do anything other than Taunts to taunt. Sometimes I nair but that's just because it's better than standing there.
Sometimes I do the teabag, but only like 2-3 times. I usually do that in the middle of a stock too, for distraction purposes.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
The taunt has to be tailored to the situation. Like all of a character's moves, they are there to increase your probability of winning.

I am not joking. Taunts can make a difference. Use them right, and your opponent's rage (or envy) will give him up. Used wrong, and you may fuel his power... or give him something to use against you.
Taunting is not for the light of heart.

That said, here's when I taunt:

Up taunt: When I pull off something so ridiculously good for something so little (or by chance or his mistake more than my own action) ending in a powerful hit. Like when he dodges into my Bat. Or people die to my recovery.

Side taunt: General purpose taunt. I do something awesome, I show them the bat and Ness' boundless confidence. Shows I'm serious about winning.
Sometimes the mood is different, though... and up taunt just works. Really, for me, because of my "presence" in the tourney setting, I use taunts more to boost my ability than damage my opponent's. An "okay" is a fun reminder of why I love Ness.

Down taunt: Perfect play. This is when I've totally owned someone for an uninterrupted 100%, or two-stocked somebody with still a way to go before being in K.O. range. This is the only taunt I risk when my opponent isn't actually dead yet - it has a lot of power to enrage.

Sometimes I use side taunt in the middle of a stock, but only when my opponent is offstage. It says "yeaaahhh I got you offstage, let's see you get back, pal." Of course it has to be when I have no edgeguard options (for the character that's recovering), or it's just silly.

Mind you, my personality can make some of this playfulness work.

Last, I don't really do anything other than Taunts to taunt. Sometimes I nair but that's just because it's better than standing there.
Sometimes I do the teabag, but only like 2-3 times. I usually do that in the middle of a stock too, for distraction purposes.
^This. Definitely this. PK-ow! has just contributed to Ness's metagame :bee:.

As taunts, I use up taunt and down taunt pretty much for the same reasons PK-ow! uses them. I also like using up taunt continuously to try to see a reaction when I can't get punished.

As for using other moves as taunts, I use a variety of moves: nair->uair autocanceled, retreating dairs, dashing back and forth, and the bat after an opponent gets KO'ed.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Side Taunt- You got owned by my bat!
Down Taunt- You got owned by my PK power!
Up Taunt- Okay, you are always owned by Ness...

Green-Machine

Smash Apprentice
I use my up taunt for ultimate owned
Side taunt for a smash kill or in the middle of a stock as a "n00b" taunt
I use down taunt when i kill them with a psi move like his fair or his b-moves

my attack taunt is just tapping neutral b so ness yells out "PK CROSS!!"

Top Bottom