• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Stage do you hate the most?

Serph

Smash Journeyman
There are several really, really bad stages.

Flat Zone 2
Way too small and the hazards alone can finish you off. The original Flat Zone isn't that good either, but it's a million times more playable than this.

Mario Bros.
This stage may as well be one big shell-throwing showdown. Unless you have attacks with strong horizontal knockback then you'll struggle to kill anything otherwise.

New Pork City
Too big. Platforms are awkwardly placed. Random one-hit KO stage hazard. Complete rubbish.

Rumble Falls
Aside from the fact that vertically-scroling stages are never a good idea, this stage is just a complete and utter mess. The Stickerbrush Symphony remix deserved better than this.

75m
Self-explanatory. Almost completely unplayable.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi Story: I hate it because I always PK thunder to the wall instead of graving the ledge with it.

Lylat Cruise: It moves side to side.

Luigi's Mansion: It fun to start a camp fire for campers.

Final Destination: Too Natural for me

brainstar: It too annoying

Rainbow Cruise: Camping spot

And that what I can think off

Rudra

Smash Ace
There are several really, really bad stages.

Flat Zone 2
Way too small and the hazards alone can finish you off. The original Flat Zone isn't that good either, but it's a million times more playable than this.

Mario Bros.
This stage may as well be one big shell-throwing showdown. Unless you have attacks with strong horizontal knockback then you'll struggle to kill anything otherwise.

New Pork City
Too big. Platforms are awkwardly placed. Random one-hit KO stage hazard. Complete rubbish.

Rumble Falls
Aside from the fact that vertically-scroling stages are never a good idea, this stage is just a complete and utter mess. The Stickerbrush Symphony remix deserved better than this.

75m
Self-explanatory. Almost completely unplayable.
My thoughts exactly. I'd add:

Big Blue: No ledges **** tether users, and if you land on the road, you're most likely losing that stock.

Skyworld: Has a Cave of Life, sort of easy to Spike/Meteor people through the clouds.

Pokemon Staduim 2: Ice stage causes sliding (possibly more tripping?), Flying type stage give further advantages to characters with good aerial game (God help you if you're against MK as you're setup fodder for Uair kills if you don't dodge properly). The neutral field is alright though.

Rainbow Cruise: Well, I dont really like moving stages much. Seems like you'll be focusing more on keeping up with the stage than your opponent.

Pirate Ship: Ship can kill at 0%, catapault launches you ridiculously far, the bombs fired (while avoidable) have relatively high knocback on impact, and the water can set you up to be spiked/meteored.

EDIT: Forgot about Port Town. No ledges, and cars kill amazingly early. Ugh.

The Versatile Brawler

Smash Rookie
I like most stages, particularly those with hazards, as I don't care much about winning, (In fact I deliberately don't use glitches, chain grabs or spam specials or smash attacks, unlike some people) I just want to have fun playing chaotic matches. As such, when I see Final Destination picked over and over again, I become incredibly frustrated. I don't mind the stage itself, it's the people on it I dislike. I never pick it as someone else always will. Consequently, I quite like mario bros as a stage as it does require skill, just not the skill of fighting with any particular character, It requires projectile throwing accuracy and dodging skill, and it is always fun to watch final destinationers at a complete loss. I like to analyse other players to get my wins, not just try to win every match.

syco1337

Smash Rookie
I HATE HATE HATE rumble falls because its next to some of my fav stages FD, BF, and Yoshi Island so if im in a hurry i accidently click it and have to waste time restarting. extremely stupid. other than that i also hate NPC and 75m

Moosetracks

Smash Cadet
I like most stages, particularly those with hazards, as I don't care much about winning, (In fact I deliberately don't use glitches, chain grabs or spam specials or smash attacks, unlike some people) I just want to have fun playing chaotic matches. As such, when I see Final Destination picked over and over again, I become incredibly frustrated. I don't mind the stage itself, it's the people on it I dislike. I never pick it as someone else always will. Consequently, I quite like mario bros as a stage as it does require skill, just not the skill of fighting with any particular character, It requires projectile throwing accuracy and dodging skill, and it is always fun to watch final destinationers at a complete loss. I like to analyse other players to get my wins, not just try to win every match.
You just instantly became my friend. Congratulations.... :)
No, seriously.... I think it's funny seeing how they are so awesome at FD then I choose Hanenbrow and they self destruct over and over again....

Monkey Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Wow, much hate for the new DK stages...
I miss the old ones.:(

Anyways, my least favorite are:

NPC: Just platforms haphazardly slapped onto a background. A huge campfest.
Mario Bros.: Shell-spam shell-spam shell-spam shell spam shell spam:dizzy:
Hanenbow: You can't swim in the water. I always forget that whenever I play here.

LAWZ

Smash Cadet
New Pork City definately...how could sakurai think anyone would want to play there...

notable mentions are Mario Bros. Stage....not mushroomy kingdom....8-bit crappy one

75M

Rumble Falls

and Spear Pillar

those are all just god awful

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
new pork city. you deal with WarGod runing around on it camping taunting : "your too slow!" over and over. it gets ****ing annoying and you cant catch him. you get near him... he camps on the other side and taunts some more. this is why i hate sonic. so ya, new pork city sucks

riboflavinbob

Smash Apprentice
i actually think 75m and hanenbow and the other wierd stages are pretty fun in friendly 4p battles, but hate lylat cruise the most because when the ledges move my phantasm always misses

PkTriForceStarStorm

Smash Rookie
I hate People when They Always Choose The SAME stage for example Final Destination Is VERY common for online, And Some Characters have an advantage for spamming moves Example: Pit Spams Arrow,etc. I usually have 6 Stages as Random i and usually choose random otherwise i choose a stage i like.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
This was always the case during Melee in Louisiana. Most people liked to play Final Destination, which was quite annoying.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I hate Pictochat and Hanenbrow.

I also dislike New Pork City, and 75m.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Hanenbow and 75m. Lylat Cruise annoys me sometimes, but it's a stage commonly used in tournaments so I can't really complain.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
For me it's gotta be a tie between 75M and rumble falls. I hate both because it's impossible to fight on them, which is it's biggest flunk since it's a fighting game. In rumble falls you're solely dependent on your characters vertical recovery, so if you're a character like DK ( which is kind of ironic ) your going to self-destruct. 75M is horrid, the platforms are crazy small so that's impossible to fight on, and you get knocked into the hazards quite often. So these stages should be taken out of the next smash bros game.

YamiJorie

Smash Cadet
75m, without a doubt. There are very few playable places, and DK throwing springs at me really ticks me off, just like those stupid little flames. Don't like the music either.

Smasherboy

Smash Rookie
I dislike New Pork City for the same reason as Hyrule Temple from Melee: COWARD OPPONENTS WHO RUN FROM YOU! Especially in a timed match because then they run to waste out the rest of time and it's ANNOYING! Yes and the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl stage because of those big Pokemon that pop up and screw with the controls during crucial match moments. I love the new Ice Climber stage better than the Melee one except for the fish that eats you out the water. And I wish they'd have made the Donkey Kong Country stage a little more like the one in Melee or bring back Kong Jungle waterfall stage from Melee!

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
Japes (from a Diddy perspective), Mario Brothers (think that's what its called, the one with the ****ing turtles and crabs) and Frigate Orpeheon. The music there contributes to its terribleness.

Edit: HANENBOW! CURSE YOU!

Top Bottom