• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what sort of playstyle do you use?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
There's nothing special about my playstyle at all. Those who play me say I play like it's a turn-based strategy game, though.

Smash Master
I try to keep all my options in mind. This way, none of my moves become "stale" and my opponent is always guessing. I play ROB, because he can just jump off the stage and charge his gyro at any time. I like that kind of power in a projectile game.

I second MK because it's MK

Miss-Sarcastic

Smash Rookie
I'm a coward when I play D: I usually run away right when it starts, and when someone attacks me, I get agressinve and then run away again xD

Slike373

Smash Rookie
It depends on who I'm using, on which stage.

If I'm Lucas on final destination/battlefield, I pair up with one person, and go in a fight to the death, spamming shield rolls, and being generally offensive.

If I'm lucas on anywhere else, I usually stay defensive until someone has high damage.

If I'm yoshi just about anywhere, I'll pair up with someone, shout out something mocking yoshi's general position in bottom tier, and then beat someone up in a mainly offensive style.

But if I'm yoshi, and I haven't died yet when half of the clock is off, I try camping as best as I can. Which is usually very pitiful.

If I'm Diddy, I just about always go offensive.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Well it kind depends.At the beginning I play the baiting game alot trying to psyche out my opponents.Then I usually like to get really agressive.The latter usually gets me killed quicker.....**** defensive brawl.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
As soon as I select yoshi, you might as well just called me Leeroy jenkins.
Cus im chargin in.

I play aggressively with Yoshi, I love going in for a gimp while firing an egg off at the same time, then hitting them somehow a bit right after the stun wears off and they aren't prepared for the hit >.>.......ya....

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Not sure how to explain mine. I go kind of "crappy" as explained in one of the first few posts.
I'm still newbish with Toon Link even though I try to learn him. My timing can be sometimes off but I guess I'm a mix. When it feels safe I go aggresive and when I'm in a bad situation I go defensive.
A good thing about Toon Link is that you can do that.

TehDuke

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if you could label it, but I usually just try to keep momentum up... Keep dealing damage and getting in a KO before my opponent has a chance to do much.
Of course, if you get thrown off your momentum, it can take a bit to get back into it. For me, losing a stock and refreshing my moves usually does it, but the problem with that is pretty obvious >_<
Also, this playstyle seems to only work with a few characters; Game & Watch definitely matching it best. It can sometimes work a few others (Wolf comes to mind, and Marth when it suits him), but usually I end up having to play completely differently from my "natural" style.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Aggressive.
Why?
Because I am a Marth main, and the more aggressive, the better the reward.

mc4

Smash Journeyman
it depends on what character i'm playing and how good the person using the character is, i prefer a aggressive but i also find that i play defensively alot, and for short periods there may be some camping such as the beginning of a match, or at high percentages

Magitek Angel

Smash Rookie
It's probably a character specific thing for anybody. I don't believe that Meta Knight for example has any business playing on the defensive, ever.

But if I had to say, most of my characters are probably defensive. Dodge, block, dodge, wait for the other player to mess up, then annihilate. Probably why I don't use MK. I'm not comfortable always being on the offensive. I'm just a very cautious player.

Unless of course I'm using Captain Falcon. Because I have to, you know, show them his moves. It's the manly thing to do.

ShadowNovan

Smash Cadet
I'm aggressive.

I can't stand being defensive, I honestly can't do it. Which is why I use Characters that can go balls to the wall ALL out, and constantly be up in your face. I can't even imagine playing defensively... Which I guess is a really bad thing, since it's good to switch it up... hah.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I have a defensive play-style and play Mario, Peach, Donkey Kong, and Fox who all have alot of defensive options. (DK's shield is bad, but he still has good options.)

Typically, I will be the one approaching, but I do it carefully enough that I won't have any sort of pay off until I get close enough that I can make them vulnerable. I get close to them and react to their attacks so that I can punish them. Obviously, it doesn't always work and the description I gave was vague, but you get my point. Once I see them vulnerable I play very offensively until the point comes where I have to approach again or if the other person approaches, shield grabs are also my best friend. Off-stage is what I would consider vulnerable, so I always go offensive then.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Extraordinarily aggressive.

Top Bottom