• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What should I add to my game? (Summon: Shiz, Zhu, Dr. PP)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Also looking for in-general tips. Simple stuff; like the most efficient way to tech chase, how you should space yourself and with what moves, etc

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
lazerz
play it safe on stage until you know you have an opportunity to start a rapex combo

nairs **** sheilds.
up throw is my fav throw. the rest are poop.

counter pick pokahstadium, battlefield, FoD all dai

shine OoS

but really, the only way you know that you're a good falco main is if you SD a lot and can wall tech any edgeguard.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
observe and add little things to your game one at a time

that's how you get better. nothing more than that.

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
keep spamming his laser so you can laser lock somebody or screw with their recoveries. (Ike's side b for example) haha just kidding. i am only experience with fox but learn to Dgrab.
half the final destination noobs here will regret picking that stage.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I already knew that...

Where are DR. PP and other good Falco players? GIT IN HUR
Keep a healthy mixup game. Of course, I mean in terms of grabs and normal attacks as well as timings, but also while comboing.

Take advantage of plats when you can.

And the best advice I've ever given: don't eat McGangbangs mid tourney.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Hahahah

Good tips for a falco player in general would be 5 Things.

Spacing, Mindgames, Techskill, Choice of Moves and lasers.

Spacing - One of the most important to do, try to do at all times. *Example*, say you approach opponent with a Dair, do it so it goes past the opponent and then hit an uptilt so you can't be shieldgrabbed or exposing yourself. Spacing Should be done with all moves, most important I'd say would be Ftilt, Bairs, Nairs, jabs, dtilts, ehhh watever jus space all your moves lol.

Mindgames - Very very important. You want your opponent to do what you want them to do. Pressure them into rolls, pressure them into jumping so you can call there jump, just scare the hell outta them haha.

Techskill - Pretty dam important. Don't want to mess up your moves cause it leaves you open and not finishing a combo, or just killing your self **** near.

Chocie of Moves - You need to know the right moves to use and to use them at the right time. Know when to smash attack, combo, bair/fair, all of falcos moves can be used at some point in time.

Lasers - Probably the most important one out of them all in my opinion. If You dont have accurate lasers, platform lasers, reverse lasers, a falco player is not a real falco. Use all of falcos options to your bennefits, and this is one of falcos best options. Spammmmmmm hahaha. But in a pattern that makes you untouchable.

Hope I helped, lol.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Shiz, get out of this thread. The last thing we need is more Falco's that can laser and combo properly.

nooooo
LOL too goodz man too goodz haha.

You going to APEX man? We need some friendlies lol.

I dont feel like I'm that good anymore for some weird reason...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Shiz is truth. Talking about applying pressure to your opponent until you can get them to do what you want... I thought nikkas couldn't read!!!
Pretty much what Shiz said tho. Use lasers to control the stage as you observe your opponent and find openings in their strategies. Shine/Laser/Nair/Dair to apply pressure & improve the chances your opponent is going to make a mistake to take advantage of.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
He's gotta be cocky about it too. At least that's how the stereotype works, not sure why many of the top Falcos aren't really that cocky though LOL.

I know right, I don't feel im really all that cocky at all ya know?

Cocky's not the way to go, doesn't fit me smashwise.

But hey, me and you, friendlies at APEX, I need some falco love from all the falcos out there.

No johns, but i just feel like im not good at this game anymore, lol seriously

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
no need to be redundant bro. shiz gets respect automatically.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
No johns, but i just feel like im not good at this game anymore, lol seriously
There's a reason for that, it's called "Hey maybe you should like, play the game more, maybe go to a few tourneys or something."

And I guarantee somebody's gunna come behind me like "OMG SHIZ HAS BEEN ACTIVE FOREVER WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT"

and then i'ma go to the video forum, and quote N***ABOI talking about how him and PEBBLES "dominate south fl".

Roman.

Smash Champion
Hahahah

Good tips for a falco player in general would be 5 Things.

Spacing, Mindgames, Techskill, Choice of Moves and lasers.

Spacing - One of the most important to do, try to do at all times. *Example*, say you approach opponent with a Dair, do it so it goes past the opponent and then hit an uptilt so you can't be shieldgrabbed or exposing yourself. Spacing Should be done with all moves, most important I'd say would be Ftilt, Bairs, Nairs, jabs, dtilts, ehhh watever jus space all your moves lol.

Mindgames - Very very important. You want your opponent to do what you want them to do. Pressure them into rolls, pressure them into jumping so you can call there jump, just scare the hell outta them haha.

Techskill - Pretty dam important. Don't want to mess up your moves cause it leaves you open and not finishing a combo, or just killing your self **** near.

Chocie of Moves - You need to know the right moves to use and to use them at the right time. Know when to smash attack, combo, bair/fair, all of falcos moves can be used at some point in time.

Lasers - Probably the most important one out of them all in my opinion. If You dont have accurate lasers, platform lasers, reverse lasers, a falco player is not a real falco. Use all of falcos options to your bennefits, and this is one of falcos best options. Spammmmmmm hahaha. But in a pattern that makes you untouchable.

Hope I helped, lol.
Thanks.
Got 2nd at a tournament today after th0rn. Gonna beat him soon, so I'll be back in a few days asking for Pre-Apex tips.

By the way, this is MattDotZeb

XxDarkzeroxX

Smash Rookie
is there any real way to practice spacing. ex: nair through their shield so that you shine the back of their shield. the only way I can really accurately do it is full hop/double jump but it seems too risky to rely on just that. also is shine grab frame safe? I haven't seen anyone get out of it yet unless you get hit by the shine

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Shiz is so not good anymore, he only got 9th at Apex.
*Chortles*

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR SHIZ
Why don't you ever shorten your illusion

Top Bottom