• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What sets your Sheik apart?

mateo101

Smash Cadet
i gues ill go

tag- ? . i normaly leave tab jump on shiek is the only character i turn it off 4 ;p, ? is the tab just off tag
color- random- i use to use black n white cause they look so tight, butt now i just tap y rapidly then press start.

1. Up-b- up-b is used alot in my combo's. b-air b-air up-b. tipper (that doesnt kill) double jump up-b ( most people will use d-air to try to not die). basiaclly anticipating the D-air with an up-b.
ive played few shieks and its rare i c Up-b used besides as maybe an edge gaurd

2. much luv - alot of people complain about sum of shieks moves, her d-air i guess would be on top of that list. not me i use and think all of her attacks are awsome and usefull in sumway. -dair is an awsome combo starter if i use it at the right time 4 those who dont know ;p )

3. don't be cheap - i dont chain gimp, i dont tilt lock past 2 ftilts. i dont chain off the stage or jab combos off the stage every chance i get. (although thats not to say i never do it ) butt yea i play a legit shiek, or i think i do anyway

4. needle'z - i try to use needles as much as possible in as many differnt wayz possible. i start off damage with a fully charged needle attack, (almost always) i edge gaurd with needles. i air turn with needles. i ledge gaurd with needles (needles > ledge drop fair) yea needles are a super fast awsome projectile and can really disrupt ure opponent.

5. anticipate , people luv 2 dodge in brawl. i luv it when people dodge vs me in brawl. my melee is full of pressure attacks so spot dodging wont work. dodge roll right into my jab-grab. air dodge right onto my tippers.

6. i think i misspell shiek butt yea

shekz 2 awsome

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
3. don't be cheap - i dont chain gimp, i dont tilt lock past 2 ftilts. i dont chain off the stage or jab combos off the stage every chance i get. (although thats not to say i never do it ) butt yea i play a legit shiek, or i think i do anyway
You should do yourself a favor and read this: Playing to Win.

If you want to order a copy of the physical book, great. Otherwise, simply scroll down and click on those links to read the various sections.

An important quote from that page which describes the core idea of the book: "The central premise is that playing competitive games is one way to walk the path of continuous self-improvement."

Remember that while you're reading.

Read the entire thing. Take it in, and really think about it. Don't simply reject it because of an unpleasant initial reaction. You'll be glad you did.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Tag: LotM
Color: White-ish or whatever it is. The brightest one.

1. Needler
I throw these out whenever possible. I charge in the middle of shorthops and everywhere else that's possible. I throw out single needles out whenever possible to annoy my opponent.

2. Nair approach.
This might not be a good thing, but I love dashing into a Nair. It's just fun, and I do it a lot.

3. DACUS
I'm really good at knowing when to use this. I can pull it off 100% of the time on a good day, and I get double hitters a lot. They punish, rack serious damage, kill scare, devastate, and destroy planets.

4. Tether
I love recovering with tether. I try gimping with it too, but I don't usually pull it off. Need to work on that.

5. Nair gimps
One of my most successful methods of gimping is running off the stage, then using my double jump with a rising Nair. I get a LOT of gimps in this way.

6. Doesn't main Sheik.
Lawl
So you are LotM. I have had that on my roster and I couldn't figure out who you were. <,< I think I got your fc through a Brawl.

Do you have RUNE on your freind list?

mateo101

Smash Cadet
You should do yourself a favor and read this: Playing to Win.

If you want to order a copy of the physical book, great. Otherwise, simply scroll down and click on those links to read the various sections.

An important quote from that page which describes the core idea of the book: "The central premise is that playing competitive games is one way to walk the path of continuous self-improvement."

Remember that while you're reading.

Read the entire thing. Take it in, and really think about it. Don't simply reject it because of an unpleasant initial reaction. You'll be glad you did.
looks like an interesting read.

i try not to be cheap not only because i think its cheap butt i find also cheapness screws u over sometimes. it also makes the game less fun 2 watch, and i play 4 da ladyz.

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
it also makes the game less fun 2 watch,
This is untrue. I remember when I used to mistakenly believe like you do. I never knew how much I was missing out on.

Sirlin explains this in his book much more eloquently than I can, so I'll leave the task to him.

and i play 4 da ladyz.
A noble cause, to be sure; however, most women are also interested in guys with money, and if you want to win any playing Smash it behooves you to understand Playing to Win.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
What sets my sheik apart?

My vanish. Vanish is a MAJOR part of my style. I never fail to get compliments on it from fellow sheik users.

The other thing that sets me apart... Well...
Im a little bit of an entertainer. I like my matches to be fun to watch, So Im not very dependant on the Ftilt lock... Its effective, but boring.

I do fun stuff like vanish glides, and chain canceling.

Im very agressive, and reckless.
If nothing is happening, If Im not attacking, or if Im not being attacked, I get bored.

Also, Ill occasionally transform into zelda, but not to get her KO moves...
I use it to bring new life to sheiks KO moves.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
What sets my sheik apart?

My vanish. Vanish is a MAJOR part of my style. I never fail to get compliments on it from fellow sheik users.

The other thing that sets me apart... Well...
Im a little bit of an entertainer. I like my matches to be fun to watch, So Im not very dependant on the Ftilt lock... Its effective, but boring.

I do fun stuff like vanish glides, and chain canceling.

Im very agressive, and reckless.
If nothing is happening, If Im not attacking, or if Im not being attacked, I get bored.

Also, Ill occasionally transform into zelda, but not to get her KO moves...
I use it to bring new life to sheiks KO moves.
What kind of situations do you sneak a Vanish in at? (Just looking for new Vanish mind games.)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
HE IS ENTERTAINER!!!!!!!!!!

The main time I vanish is when sometime is running toward me or falling toward me, and it's obvious that I won't be punished aftwerwards. Too good.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
What kind of situations do you sneak a Vanish in at? (Just looking for new Vanish mind games.)
Um... Well. On the ground I like to think of it being simmilar to lucarios counter.

I really use it a lot near, and off the edge. Both to edge guard, and to blast people climbing up from the edge. And you can occasionally get people who are wall jumping under FD as well.

Ive got a few videos that show my vanish pretty well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAU9T0kjam0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_D-WAsm0Fs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR6ldLgep8w

And a few other places I like to use vanish is like... aginst snake, Ill grab his gernade, and vanish into him. :p and same with his C4. Ive gotten really good at vanish blasting snakes with their C4. Quite fun :p

But uh... thats bordering on the suicidal, and probably isnt fit for competative play.

Top Bottom