• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What "series" Nintenzone wants to be revived (Victory!!!)

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Two series that never came to NA... and I've never played... I guess I'll go with Band Brothers simply due to the fact that Nintendo is less prevalent in the rhythm genre than the RPG-ish one.

Also Murasame because that's a series I'd legitimately like to see get revived and updated, while Duck Hunt is still, Duck Hunt.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Voted for Jam with the Band because the music is awesome and Barbara is a bae.

The second answer is too obvious that I'm not going to #SlashTheVote. :smirk:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I personally find more charm and potential for a FtFtBT reboot than Daigassi Band Brothers.

I've played both of those games intimately, and I just find FtFtBT to have more potential.

It's a case of looking into the game for yourself to understand what I mean by FtFtBT having more charm.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Definitely Wario Land :4wario2:.

WarioWare has taken over the Wario series, which is a shame since the Wario Land games are so much fun and probably the best representation of the character. Great platforming and plenty of hidden treasures to find in each game. Make another game in the style of Wario Land 4 and I'm sold.

Sin and Punishment is cool but Wario Land deserves to be reboot more imo.

finalark

SNORLAX
Wario Land gets my vote. I like Wario Ware, but I hate it when a spin-off completes takes over a franchise.

Sin and Punishment was neat, but it's not something I feel strongly about.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The GBA Wario Land game I played which I believe was the 4th one was pretty fun so it would be cool to see another installment in that series.

Sin and Punishment I know next to nothing about other than the protagonist from the game who's an AT in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Well, considering this is what we want to be revived, I'm going to go with S&P. I've always really dug that series, and I'd be happy with as much as Nintendo and Treasure give us.

As a company obv Wario Land makes more sense since that game would probably do at least decently, and I'm sure it would be fun too, I'd just prefer the other option. Not to mention I think we're fine for 2d/2.5d platformers for the moment.

Argos

Smash Apprentice
Kinda a tough one. I think my heart days Wario Land but my head says Sin & Punishment, oddly enough. I've definitely loved Wario Land more over the years (4 is a legit masterpiece) but Nintendo's not exactly hurting for 2D platforms at the moment. Plus, any opportunity to see Treasure get to make another game sounds pretty great to me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Saki couldn't take the punishment from Wario, who has advanced to the next round.

We finally start round 2 of winners today! Things will probably start to heat up now.

Punch out takes on Ice Climber
http://www.strawpoll.me/11214058

and loser's round one finishes with Sin and Punishment taking on For whom the frog bell tolls.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11214063

:061:
But I want BOTH Punch-Out!! and Ice Climber to be revived. :(

But I have to go with Punch-Out!! (Even though it's not a revival per say) since it's my favorite.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Hard to choose, but I'd have to go with Punch Out. Little Mac's inclusion in Sm4sh has sort of made the series well known again, which is why I think a new entry would do ok. I'd love to see a new game in the style of Super Punch Out.

Argos

Smash Apprentice
The original Ice Climbers isn't...great, to say the least despite how lovable they are in Smash. Punch-Out is pretty perfect as it is which is both a strike for and against it. On the one hand why would we want to revive something just to have it be the same thing prettied up again? On the other hand, whatever we get is sure to be pretty great.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I assume this IC game would be a totally different new game than the NES one like what Kid Icarus Uprising was to NES KI which is why i'm voting for the IC's.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Punch-Out is quite fun, but the Wii already gave it a very quality revival. I'd be fine if we got another one of those, but there's a lot more untapped potential for bringing the ICs into the current age of gaming. Plus if they're going to keep showing up in Smash (which minus this lapse I imagine they will be), might as well give em another game, the recognition is there.

Also voting S&P for reasons already stated.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Personally would like to a modernized Ice Climber game....why they don't have one yet is beyond me since they've gained major popularity since Melee...

Literally just need to make a 2.5D up-down sidescrolling platformer like what we see with the Icicle Mountain stage, I'm sure that'd make a fun game...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Punch Out >>>>>>>> Ice Climber

There's so much potential for a whole new game, new boxers and a new championship. I want Pizza Pasta and Mad Clown (Thanks to you @Thatkidwiththeafro) to return damn it!

Also Sin & Punishment for the reasons I've already stated.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Advance Wars (Did you expect me to say anything other than that? lol).

I suppose an argument can be made for both series though I feel that AW can really capitalize off the newfound success FE has had with a proper revival on the NX early on in it's lifecycle like what Awakening was to the 3DS. Wars is a wider known series as well even with being out of the limelight for so long.

Last edited:
Let it be known that we had an accidental misclick.

Reduce Advance Wars's score by one, and raise Custom Robo's by one.

Putting the current score as of typing this message:
Advance Wars:2
Custom Robo: 3

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Punch Out KO's Ice Climber
I find this to be a shame actually since Punch Out at least had a recent title...other than Smash Ice Climber is about as dead as dead can be, and the Ice Climbers weren't even in the latest Smash game either...
And I think it would be a fun game at the very least...

But if people prefer Punch Out then that's fine I guess...

as for the poll...honestly don't care for either one but I voted Advance Wars...

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I'd like to see both series revived but I'd like to see Custom Robo revived more.

Every time I checked the poll it was tied. . .all day. I was worried I would ave to extend this day but when I checked one last time before making this post, Advance Wars slipped ahead.

Only winning by one, for one of the series I expected to dominate against one O assumed would fail miserably. Strange.

Anyway, today two games duke it out that I can't make a joke for!

F-zero VS Golden Sun
http://www.strawpoll.me/11227182
In loser's Bracket, Ice Climber will take on Sin and Punishment.
http://www.strawpoll.me/11227186

and uhhh try not to misclick this time guys ;)

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Golden Sun and Sin & Punishment.

Bam!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Golden Sun and Ice Climber for me!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This is tough because I love both series and want them both revived but I give the edge to Golden Sun.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Golden Sun. Again.

So are you just like, spontaneously summoned whenever Golden Sun is mentioned? :p
When Golden Sun is consecutively mentioned at least three times I am woken from my slumber like the very particular very nerdy ghost I am.

kbye!

Absolute brutality. . .

Wario land demolishes Daigasso and Mysterious Murasame Castle slices Custom Robo.

There were no survivors

We're getting pretty close to grand finals. How exciting!

First up, Punch-Out!! Takes on Advance Wars in Winners. Will certainly be a tough fight, as both have scored very very highly.
http://www.strawpoll.me/11239343

In loser's F-zero takes on starfy
http://www.strawpoll.me/11239345

EDIT ignore the fact one says day 12 and one says 13.

I'm just hasty!

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I'd rather see Advance Wars get revived. They're both great series, but if done properly AW may be able to rise like FE. There's a lot of potential there. Meanwhile Punch-Out pretty much hit its stride with the Wii title, the most I could see being added are new boxers and maybe a mode or two.

And also F-Zero.

Top Bottom