• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Pokémon do you Wish had Mega Evolutions?

Ionsword

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ionsword
The 2nd Gen Starters
Jirachi
Pidegot
Azumarill
Lanturn

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I'd be cool with a mega-pidgeot... I could see something like:

Gale Wings

HP: 83
ATK:120
DEF:75
SPA:90
SpD:70
Spe:141

Seriously Pidgeot's 'sposed to be all about speed, a bit of priority would be a nice way to show this; also this gives him just a touch more hitting power than the Life Orb varient standard pidgeot, though I could see him going for higher attack too.

I'd also love to see Mantine get a mega with Lightningrod (he's based on a friggin' kite, how does he not have it already?), but that means we'd probably get a Skarmory mega too, which sounds scary.

Oh and if Azumarill gets a mega I will go crazy, he's one of the best pokémon as is!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
do not give anything with good attack and flying stab gale wings, especially when it learns brave bird. are you trying to murder us?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
do not give anything with good attack and flying stab gale wings, especially when it learns brave bird. are you trying to murder us?
You realise Life Orb Talonflame has more hitting power than a base 120 ATK mega-pidgeot, right?

I took into consideration how strong it'd be...

Base 120 adamant max is 372
Base 81 adamanat max boosted by Life Orb is 373.1

Although it occurs to me, after playing my own Pokémon role-play game that he'd actually need more power as he doesn't have an electric type attack in the canon game.... he'd need some new moves or even more power to be usable.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Mismagius- My favorite Pokemon. Period.
Chandelure- My two favorite types combined.
Mr. Mime- My favorite Gen 1 Pokemon that didn't get a Mega.
Flygon- Used one on my old team, would love to see it get some love
Cacturne- I just love this little guy.
Shiftry & Ludicolo- Love the design of these guys and could see them as version exclusives

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Gallade. I was so hyped when I saw Mega Gardevoir because I wanted Gallade to get a Mega too and then I was extremely disappointed to find out that he didn't make the cut. With Sableye, Sceptile, and Swampert leaving the list of Pokemon who were ripped off when the Megas rolled around, there's still hope for Gallade (but Slowking just got added to that list).

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
In honor of worlds I think Pachirisu deserves a mega....
:link:
That was incredibly entertaining to watch! I loved seeing Se Jun's Pachi, and to be blunt, I've been thinking of just playing by VGC rules now (though the way I run my teams, I suppose it wouldn't matter a whole lot in the case of my selection), because I'm tired of the ban's coming about. I hear Aegislash now, too? . . . They just keep on coming, don't they?

Anyway, seeing as how Sceptile (one of my personal favorites) has finally received a mega evolution, I do have to say I feel good on that end. That being said, there are of course other Pokemon I feel are deserving of receiving as well. In fact, I admire some of the suggestions given here already such as Pidgeot, gen. 2 starters, Mr. Mime, etc. I suppose below will be just of a few I find deserving and / or are amongst my favorite Pokemon in general:

Pikachu / Raichu - Pikachu is the mascot of the series, Raichu being the evolution, and with his / her move-pool getting some extra treatment in the upcoming OR / AS, I wonder why this hasn't yet happened. . . Perhaps it's because Pikachu is in fact the mascot? I don't know. Ha ha. I do know that I am fans of both Pokemon, though (but I do miss the chubbier Pikachu design from gen. 1. . .)!

Skarmory - One of my personal favorites! I'm not too certain what they'd do with Skarm, seeing as how his / her viability is still apparent in the meta-game, but regardless, it's something I'd enjoy seeing. It's certainly not un-manageable.

Lapras - I wouldn't say that Lapras is one of my overall favorite Pokemon (although I am a fan of), but I feel as if he / she is deserving of a mega evolution. It's just one of those Pokemon where you think to yourself ". . . It just feels right."

Dragonite - Dragonite, the O.G. Dragon and U-tier Pokemon! Dragonite has remained my favorite Dragon type since the beginning, and what better way to bring him / her back to (a better) relevancy than having a mega evolution? Hopefully we can see this happen sooner rather than later!

There are more, to be sure, but these four are just the one's that came to mind first.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
In honor of worlds I think Pachirisu deserves a mega....
While normally I'd say that it's too close to release for changes like this to be made (look at people still clamoring for there to be changes in SSB 3DS, sigh), a single Pokémon would require a model, stats, and a new ability. That's not nearly as much work as a Smash Bros character, so Wynaut? There's at least two months between now and the release of Pokémon ORAS, so it could happen (I'm not saying it's likely though). I'd love this so much- Pachirisu is my second favorite Pokémon.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Dragonite - Dragonite, the O.G. Dragon and U-tier Pokemon! Dragonite has remained my favorite Dragon type since the beginning, and what better way to bring him / her back to (a better) relevancy than having a mega evolution?.
Give it coil... I mean it's pre-evo is a sea serpent, and a bulky coil set would be immense...

But my own wish for Coil DNite aside I can definitely see this happening, it having the special defense boost to balance out Mence...

As for Skarmory I've actually been trying to work something out for that in my tabletop game, I haven't finalised anything and have to look more into how it'd balance (I'm currently going through mega-mantine), but I'm thinking something like +60 ATK, +40 Speed and something like Motor Drive, or maybe Tough Claws if he needs more power seems reasonable; generally making mega-Skarm more offensive to juxtapose my more defensive mega-mantine (Lightning Rod, yo!). A faster hard hitting Skarm is scary and being bulky enough to come in and SD for a sweep against most physical threats makes him pretty dangerous, but there are plenty of faster special threats who can threaten him, and his coverage leaves some gaps for walls (I opted not to give him drill run for that reason, but he does have a new non-canon move Sprite Strike [bp100 electric with crash damage] meaning he has Steel/Electric/Flying allowing any bulky electric type to cause him serious trouble and either water or ground/rocks if he opts for 2 moves)... of course my game adds other things to the mix, but an offensive mega-skarm doesn't seem too broken from my quick forray into him.

I highly, highly doubt we'll actually get mega-pachi based on worlds, but I guess crazier things have happened, my breath is definitely not held mind you, as they would have some balancing and idle/mega-evolving/contest etc animations too. If we get one I'd bet it has nothing to do with Worlds.

Last edited:

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
I want Mega Stunfisk most of all. I'd also love Mega Sharpedo and Mega Swalot, among others. Mega Sharpedo is practically confirmed at this point, which just fills my heart with rainbows.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I want Mega Stunfisk most of all. I'd also love Mega Sharpedo and Mega Swalot, among others. Mega Sharpedo is practically confirmed at this point, which just fills my heart with rainbows.
Mega Camerupt seems to be in the same boat as Mega Sharpedo, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Mega Infernape, Mega Hydreigon and Mega Zoroark.

I'll probably have to wait for the Sinnoh remakes 4 years from now before I see that happen for Infernape. ):

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Mega Camerupt with Sand Rush (seriously, he's a camel, travelling through the desert is what they do! Though I guess I'd accept water absorb or something for the hump if they want him defensive for some stupid reason.)

Mega Hydreigon with Regenerator (he's a hydra, regenerating is what they do)

and because of Pokkén: Mega Machamp
I don't know what ability, I just want it!

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Mega Camerupt with Sand Rush (seriously, he's a camel, travelling through the desert is what they do! Though I guess I'd accept water absorb or something for the hump if they want him defensive for some stupid reason.)

Mega Hydreigon with Regenerator (he's a hydra, regenerating is what they do)

and because of Pokkén: Mega Machamp
I don't know what ability, I just want it!
Excellent ideas all around. Hopefully Mega Camerupt will gain a nice speed boost too- he's so slow that Sand Rush wouldn't help him much! I've always liked him, but his Waterror weakness and Speed are crippling.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Excellent ideas all around. Hopefully Mega Camerupt will gain a nice speed boost too- he's so slow that Sand Rush wouldn't help him much! I've always liked him, but his Waterror weakness and Speed are crippling.
Yeah, in my tabletop game (I bring that up a lot) he has Sand Rush as a second hidden ability and, while he's not the best, he is usable, but he's kinda forced to run the swift scarf (+10% speed) and timid which rather hurts his hitting power (luckily somewhat balanced out by a BP110 ground attack that's basically blizzard in sand, and a BP120 Rock attack that's a special close combat, but he's still not really OU level even if he can be used there)

I think a simple +10 could make him pretty dangerous allowing him 398 modest (beating out all but the legends, silly bugs, the fastest megas and fast scarfers) if they then put a bunch into his special attack he'd still be bloody dangerous with weather up. Though priority would still be a thing.

More speed though would be nice mind, 'cos then you can switch him in on something set up rather than have to find the weakened wall to start throwing eruptions against.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Personally I'd prefer them just to give Dragonite Coil damnit! But yeah, dragonitenite would be pretty funny.

Last edited:

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, in my tabletop game (I bring that up a lot) he has Sand Rush as a second hidden ability and, while he's not the best, he is usable, but he's kinda forced to run the swift scarf (+10% speed) and timid which rather hurts his hitting power (luckily somewhat balanced out by a BP110 ground attack that's basically blizzard in sand, and a BP120 Rock attack that's a special close combat, but he's still not really OU level even if he can be used there)

I think a simple +10 could make him pretty dangerous allowing him 398 modest (beating out all but the legends, silly bugs, the fastest megas and fast scarfers) if they then put a bunch into his special attack he'd still be bloody dangerous with weather up. Though priority would still be a thing.

More speed though would be nice mind, 'cos then you can switch him in on something set up rather than have to find the weakened wall to start throwing eruptions against.
Eh, I'd prefer it doesn't have Sand Rush, cause that would require Ttar or Hippowdown support to be useful, and weather doesn't last long due to the nerf anyway. If you want to double its speed, I think it gets Rock Polish.

I'd prefer they give it a useful ability, like Sheer Force or Water Absorb, and increase its defensive stats a lot. It would be preferable to only boost its special attack and not its attack, since it's more of a special attacker.

Prism

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jesset202
3DS FC
0576-5008-6643
Johto starters, Eevee (so people can use Eevee competitively without having to evolve it), and Flygon. Hydreigon could be cool too.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Mega Dragonite
Type: Dragon/ Steel
Ability: Levitate
Mostly a buff to Drag's Defense and Special Defense, with a minor nerf to his Speed, stat wise.
Mega Hawlucha
Type: Fighting/ Flying
Ability: Mold Breaker
Stat wise, it gets buffs to Attack, Defense, Special Defense, and especially Speed.

Shog

Smash Ace
All my wishes are granted except for one Pokemon, and that one would be Skarmory, my favourite one. Otherwise I am completly satisfied. :D

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My Requested one is Mega Hydreigon, the fairies inclusion really affected it, so it would be awesome if it becomes a Steel/Dragon (retaining Levitate) type to adress its original design of a robotic dragon.... also STAB Flash Cannon tho.

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
and Obviously we need Mega Slowking since Mega Slowbro is a thing now.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I wanted Mega Gallade and that wish has come true :)

Although I would like a Mega Dragonite as well!

Plus how Lapras is the "signature" surfing Pokemon, it can use a Mega as well!

Plus seeing Pikachu is the whole series mascot, I won't be surprised if we get a Mega Pikachu over a Mega Raichu. After all, we got the Light Ball just to make Pikachu more viable.

Poketroopa

Smash Rookie
At first I wanted there to be a Mega Pikachu, but looking back at Mega Charizard, I'd be ok if they didn't make one. In gens 4 and 5 it was hard to be a Charizard fan because of how much stronger everything else was, even in in-game modes like the battle tower. When Charizard got its mega forms, it became super viable competitively and everything was cool. It finally became usable in its own game. But now with the mega forms, I feel like I've become a fan of the mega forms, and not Charizard itself. A Charizard on its own is just as bad as it was before. It's because of this that I feel giving the mascot of the entire series a mega might be a bad idea since it'd take away from Pikachu itself. I guess some of this stems from the fact that I never viewed Raichu as being better than Pikachu also. Since Pikachu was the only NFE to got a random stat increase when gen 6 dropped, I feel GF is scheming something special for him, seeing as how Beedrill and Pidgeot recently got mega forms along with their stat increases.

As for other Megas I want: Snorlax, Lapras, Kingler, Dugtrio, Poliwrath, Whimsicott, Fairy type Mega Venomoth lol
Pokemon I hope never get Megas: The genies.....

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I still stand firm that Blissey and Dusknoir need megas so they're not completely obsolete compared to their pre-evos, and I want a Primal/Mage Regigigas, other things'd be nice, but I'm dissapointed with pretty much every mega they announce so I'll onlysay those ones because they need the buffs!

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
I'm still waiting for Mega Flygon. EVERY gen 3 dragon got a mega evolution but not my Flygon.:urg:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I'd love to see a Psychic/Ghost-type Mega Unown with base stats of 48/48/48/196/48/48 and Wonder Guard. Usually Megas don't lose attack or special attack but considering Unown's stats were chosen before the physical/special split it would make sense to change Unown's physical attack to match its non-special attack stats, because Unown can only use its special attack stat since gen IV due to only knowing Hidden Power. I know it probably wouldn't be actually good but it would be cool for the sake of novelty. A Mega Skarmory covered of steel thorns, with a cassowary-like casque and the Iron Barbs ability would be awesome too.

Or a Mega for any gen V Pokémon which is not *cough* Audino *cough*

Last edited:

Nald

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5129-1580-3523
I'd love myself a Ghost / Steel Mega Golurk. He was practically made for this typing, it's still baffling that they made him Ground / Ghost.

Last edited:

FinalArcadia

Smash Cadet
NNID
FinalArcadia
A Mega for Chandelure and Vanilluxe would be really neat, and with the opposite types of fire and ice between the two, the Mega Stones could be split between two versions (OR/AS, or future installments more likely).

I'm also in the camp that wants Mega Evolutions for the 2nd gen starters, especially since those three were single-type and thus open for dual-type upon Mega Evolving. Maybe Meganium = Grass/Fairy, Feraligatr = Water/Fighting, Typhlosion = Fire/Ground? Not too sure what I'd want there, but yeah, dual-typing for them would be cool (though I'd be fine with them staying their single types too).

Mega Mismagius as well I'd like a Mega for. Give it maybe Psychic upon Mega Evolving? It already kind of looks like a Ghost/Psychic Pokemon and learns Psychic moves, so it'd be a logical step, and just increase the witch-like appearance its got going on.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm seriously questioning Game Freak's agenda. There are so many mismatched Megas and ones that seem like odd choices...

• Gardevoir and then Gallade a game later
  • Mawile and then Sableye a game later
  • Blaziken and then Swampert and Sceptile a game later
  • Beedrill and no Butterfree
  • Slowbro and no Slowking
  • Glalie and no Froslass
  • Gyarados and no Milotic (although this is a little bit more of a stretch)... yet?
  • Abomasnow and no Hippowdon (although it's a bit more of a stretch)
  • Banette and no Dusknoir (although Dusknoir does make the line need it less)
  • Pidgeot instead of Hoenn's own lackluster bird, Swellow
  • Beedrill instead of Hoenn's own lackluster Beautifly and Dustox
Maybe they're staggering Pokémon related to each other to increase hype and speculation. It's still a little annoying to seen Gallade be so inferior to Gardevoir for over a year, but at least we got him eventually.

Also, I kinda like how all of the regions are mixing together with these Mega Evolutions. While it does seem odd not to have Mega Swellow in Hoenn and to get Mega Pidgeot instead, it kinda makes the game seem more worldly... although it runs the risk of having the Pokémon from other regions overshadow the Hoenn natives. At least Hoenn got a bunch of Megas in XY.

At this point, my most wanted Megas are some of the ones who seem to have been ignored this time around- Beautifly (Beedrill gave me hope) and Swellow... as well as the obvious choices that are the Johto starters and a personal favorite, Pachirisu.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
2nd Gen starters.
4th Gen Starters.
Milotic
Luxray