• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Pokémon do you Wish had Mega Evolutions?

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Dunsparce

Torkoal

Corsola

Luvdisc

Bidoof :troll:

Rhyperior

Electivire

Magmortar

Machamp

Golurk

Druddigon

Carnivine

All other Starters that don't have one already

Last edited:

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
*Flygon (my favorite pokè)
*Farfetch'd
Staraptor
Slowking
Skarmory
*Electivire
*Magmortar
Aegislash
Raichu
*Luxray
Octillery
Xatu
*Machamp
*Kingdra
*Dragonite
Gigalith
Victini
*Zoroark
*Toxicroak

This is literally, like, half of the list. I've got a ton of Pokèmon who I wish had Mega-evolutions.

*Pokèmon whom I REALLY want to have Megas

Last edited:

Soupy

Sage of Wind
I would love to see Flygon and Raichu get one because I know they would be fantastic.
;___;

GuiltyBadguy

Smash Cadet
  • Johto Starters
  • Raticate
  • Breloom
  • Weezing
  • Arbok
  • Zangoose
  • Seviper
  • Donphan
  • Luxray
  • Octillery
  • Slowking
  • Noctowl
  • Skarmory
  • Dunsparce
  • Drifblim
I might think of more later.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They'd probably make a Mega Pikachu before a Mega Raichu, sadly. Pikachu's too damn marketable to not use in every gimmick of the series at least once. :p
There's just one problem. Pokemon who can mega evolve can NOT have access to the Eviolite item; only fully evolved Pokemon, or Pokemon who can't evolve at all, are given mega evolutions.

safwaners

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-8841-3090
  • Arcanine
  • Ambipom
  • Clawtizer
  • Eelektross
  • Excadrill
  • Hippowdon
  • The Hitmon trio
  • Exploud
  • Magnezone
  • Malamar
  • Mamoswine
  • The creation trio (they may get primal evolutions, because Dialga had a primal version in the Mystery Dungeon series)
I could go on and on, there are so many Pokemon in such a dire need of a mega evo, whether it be because they seem incomplete while fully evolved, or because they need a stat boost to be more competitively viable.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
There's just one problem. Pokemon who can mega evolve can NOT have access to the Eviolite item; only fully evolved Pokemon, or Pokemon who can't evolve at all, are given mega evolutions.
Pikachu has mascot priority. What rule hasn't GameFreak and the Pokemon Company broken in regards to Pikachu? :p

Last edited:

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Raichu
Togekiss
Rhyperior
Arcanine
Machamp
Magmortar
Electivire
Dragonite
Azumarill
Porygon-Z
Flygon
Milotic
Luxray
Mismagius
Dusknoir
Froslass
Excadrill
Cinccino
Ferrothorn
Leavanny

There are a lot more Pokemon I want to have a Mega Evolution, but I'll be here all day XD.

- Arbok
- Crobat
- Qwilfish
- Seviper
- Zangoose
- Torterra
- Luxray
- Drapion
- Gliscor
- Dusknoir
- Krookodile
- Tyrantrum

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Mega evolution I wish for...? Hoping for a Primal Dialga (It exists. for those who don't play Mystery Dungeon) with primal palkia (which doesn't exist like dialga) And give all starters (except the ones who currently have it) mega evolution. Seriously, who doesn't want a mega torterra?

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I think we're going to get another starter trio in pokémon Z replacing the Kanto trio that the professor gives you... I think it'll probably be Gen V, but I'm hoping for Gen II myself... Mega Meganium man!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I feel like I've been to this thread before...whatever.
I just want Mega Evos for Weavile and Magnezone.

EDIT: Yep, I have been here before, and I said the exact same thing last time. Lol.

Last edited:

Click Klack

Smash Cadet
Give me a Mega Luxray
Type: Electric/Dark
Ability: Something that turns normal moves into electric moves. Electrocute if you will.
Electric Hyper Beam ftw.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I'm sure this has been said about a billion times in this thread, but flygon and milotic. Of all my favorite pokémon, these two were easily the most likely to get megas (or so it seemed) when new megas for ORAS were confirmed. These two pokémon are staples of gen 3. Yet, ironically, out of all of my favorites steelix got a mega in ORAS. He totally needed it too, but it was very unexpected. There are so many ORAS megas that should have been flygon and milotic though.

SCf3

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5541-3784
Even though I know it'll never happen, Mega Raichu pls. I think if they actually made it look badass, and not super ridiculous like other Mega Evos, it could be really cool. :D

Shog

Smash Ace
Even though I know it'll never happen, Mega Raichu pls. I think if they actually made it look badass, and not super ridiculous like other Mega Evos, it could be really cool. :D
What are you talking about, most megas are either fitting or simply flanderized version of the normal Pokemon (look latter up on TVTropes, best example would be Metagross due to simply following its normal evolution and putting two Metagross upsidedown together makes so much sense)

But yeah Mega Raichu would be nice ;D

SCf3

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5541-3784
What are you talking about, most megas are either fitting or simply flanderized version of the normal Pokemon (look latter up on TVTropes, best example would be Metagross due to simply following its normal evolution and putting two Metagross upsidedown together makes so much sense)

But yeah Mega Raichu would be nice ;D
Just gonna leave this here Kappa:

SCf3

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5541-3784
This is one of my favorite actually :080: I meant more Pokemon Megas like Glalie ;)
He's derpy and cute I won't lie, but the design is definitely interesting.

Mega Glalie is absolutely terrifying though, I remember playing the ORAS demo and being like "wtf is this thing."
Also I forgot Mega Steelix was also a thing... whoops.

I honestly only remember the Megas that are used in competitive play lol.

Shog

Smash Ace
I honestly only remember the Megas that are used in competitive play lol.
I know that feel.
But competitive in my opinion makes a huge mistake: People don't vary enough with items like type resist berries. Wacan Berry Manaphy got me on 1500 rank in OU with an alt. Not bad I must say
(there are other items like Safety Google etc. Also Assault Vest is really rare in OU)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Flygon
The only Hoenn dragon without a mega...poor guy must feel left out...

Milotic
Most would want it to be Water/Fairy...but I feel Water/Dragon fits it a lot better (it can learn Dragon Tail naturally, as well as Dragon Breath when Bred)...Regardless of it's second type (if any) I feel this would be a gorgeous Mega evolution with Lionfish like frills all over and a majestic as **** presence!

Cacturne
Cacturne is an underrated Grass type and has a cool type combination (actually one of the worst if you think viability because weaknesses everywhere), could make this guy even more creepy and sinister

Crawdaunt
Hoenn Pokemon...Hoenn Pokemon Everywhere...It already has one of the coolest designs out their...a Mega form would be frikking killer as hell...

Zoroark
Probably the most iconic Gen 5 pokemon, but so far Audino was the only to get a mega form...srsly? Audino? Seen as a parallel to Lucario which had all sorts of promotion getting a mega form (as well as a Smash appearance)...so why not Zoroark...

Johto Starters
Because Mega Typhlosion, Mega Feraligatr, and Mega Meganium would be awesome as hell!!!

Hydreigon
The Gen 5 Psuedo, and has the honour of being one of the hardest pokemon to obtain because it evolves at a higher level than any other pokemon at level 64...Give us a mega Hydreigon so that the constant grinding is at least worth it!!

Haxorus
Just think of it! A Dragon/Steel type with a boost in it's (already OP) Attack and Defense, give it Iron Head as well (why does an Axe-faced pokemon not learn Iron Head?) and it'll kill all of them Fairy types!!! Haxorus is easily my most wanted Mega Pokemon...

Edit: Added some Pokemon!

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Shedinja Mega evolution suggestion

Reduce both defense stats to 0 (both are dump stats if you only have 1 HP) and dump all 100 points into attack.

Speed needs no change because you can teach it Shadow Sneak (A priority move that uses its large attack and gets STAB)
SP attack needs no change because it only learns about 14 Special moves among many physical and status moves.

Stats

HP: 1
Attack: 190
Defense: 0
SP Attack: 30
SP Defense: 0
Speed: 40

Ability: Wonder Guard

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Mega Tyrantrum
Steel/Dragon
Ability: Metalinate
(Removes recoil damage and turns Normal-type moves into Steel-type moves.)
Stats (at Level 100 with max EVs):
HP: 588
Attack: 785
Defense: 800
Special Attack: 775
Special Defense: 780
Speed: 465

Design:
I admit, this may end up making Tyrantrum rocket to Ubers, but the Pokémon that was invincible in the world it once lived in deserves to be a overall monster in battle. After Mega Aerodactyl kind of left people mixed, Mega Tyrantrum would be sort of like the Mega Charizard X of fossil Megas; something so cool it incites more use of the base Pokémon.

This is the bane of Fairy-types; a Pokémon that not only is their primary weakness, but can also destroy them handily if given the chance to. A true fairy-slayer in all meanings of the word, Mega Tyrantrum is a physical monster, easily capable of Head Smashing his way through obstacles and able to take large amounts of damage.
It's not the fastest Pokémon ever, obviously, but it's absurd Defense makes it a physical wall. It's also not that good at special walling or special offense, so generally you'll want to use physical moves with it.

Last edited:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but according to Ken Sugimori's interview in Nintendo Dream magazine, Flygon was intended to get a Mega in X and Y, but it was dropped due to Sugimori experiencing an artist's block.

Haven't seen the interview myself, but it was mentioned in Bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Flygon_(Pokémon)#Trivia
This article made me so happy and so mad at the same time. Flygon is my favorite pokémon, and is by far my favorite candidate for a mega. Not only does he desperately need something to make him stand out against garchomp but he is the only 3rd gen dragon to not get a mega, he . . . *rants for approximately 2 hours* . . . and that is why mawile is secretly an evolution of helioptile. What was I talking about again? Oh yeah, this makes me happy because it means that gamefreak recognizes flygon's potential for a mega, but it makes me angry because the reason he doesn't have one is because they can't think of a cool design (because we all know that flygon's mega is too good for this world, and we are not yet prepared as a species to even begin to grasp it).

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
There were a couple that ticked me off that they didn't get a Mega Evolution. However, the one I was disturbed from the most was Dragonite. How come Dragonite doesn't have a Mega Evolution? It heavily disturbed me.

I would also love to see Machamp get a Mega Evolution.

I agree. Dragonite deserves a mega evolution. He could be a Dragon/fire type like charizard, or maybe a Dragon/fighting type. I will come up with more suggestions as I go. Please support Dragonite by following me on my profile at BoltDragon. Support #TeamDragonite for super smash bros too!

If I would like to see a mega evolution, I would want to see Dragonite as a mega evolution Pokemon. Here are his stats:

Hidden ability: multi scale
Type: Dragon/Fire, or Dragon/Fighting
Moves: flamethrower, dragon pulse, hyper beam, and thunder punch.
Atk/150
Def/170
Spd/210
SDef/240
SAtk/250
HP/427

Last edited by a moderator:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I agree. Dragonite deserves a mega evolution. He could be a Dragon/fire type like charizard, or maybe a Dragon/fighting type. I will come up with more suggestions as I go. Please support Dragonite by following me on my profile at BoltDragon. Support #TeamDragonite for super smash bros too!

If I would like to see a mega evolution, I would want to see Dragonite as a mega evolution Pokemon. Here are his stats:

Hidden ability: multi scale
Type: Dragon/Fire, or Dragon/Fighting
Moves: flamethrower, dragon pulse, hyper beam, and thunder punch.
Atk/150
Def/170
Spd/210
SDef/240
SAtk/250
HP/427
Sometimes I feel like the only reason dragonite doesn't have a mega is because they can't think of a name for his mega stone. Dragoniteite? No sounds dumb. Dragonite? No thats the name of the Pokémon. He totally deserves a mega though, he is the original dragon after all!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sometimes I feel like the only reason dragonite doesn't have a mega is because they can't think of a name for his mega stone. Dragoniteite? No sounds dumb. Dragonite? No thats the name of the Pokémon. He totally deserves a mega though, he is the original dragon after all!
Dragonitite (Dragon-i-tite with a soft i) would be the most likely name for it...I don't think the name oif the mega stone has anything to really do with it though...I feel like all the psuedos will get megas eventually, so far we're getting two per game, when Pokemon Z (or whatever the followup will be) comes out we'll likely get two more mega psuedos, Dragonite and Hydreigon seem the obvious choices as Goodra is still very new with only Diancie being the gen 6 mega...

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
While I would like to see a Dragon/ Steel Dragonite Mega, I don't really think the Dragster needs it. It's already a highly versatile Pokémon. Though if Garchomp needed it so badly, may as well give one to Dragonite.

:149:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
with only Diancie being the gen 6 mega...
Except we're probably getting mega Zygarde... I mean, he is in Mega Evolution 4...

Though I guess Groudon and Kyogre where the headlines in Mega Evolution III, so it could be Primal instead I guess..

Last edited:

JetSwerve

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rushdrive (Wii U
All I wanted was an awesome Gen V Mega. They could've gone with Bisharp, Hydreigon, Krookodile, Stoutland, Braviary/Mandibuzz, Chandelure, Volcarona, hell even the afro boar....But they pick Audino. I thought they said Mega Evolution was for both fan favorites and underrated. Isn't Unova the most underrated Region out of all 6 of them? Not saying the other Regions are bad, (None of them are.) but why did it have to be Audino of all things? I wouldn't be mad if that wasn't the only Unova Evo. *Sigh* At least it's not a Mega Stunfisk...

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
All I wanted was an awesome Gen V Mega. They could've gone with Bisharp, Hydreigon, Krookodile, Stoutland, Braviary/Mandibuzz, Chandelure, Volcarona, hell even the afro boar....But they pick Audino. I thought they said Mega Evolution was for both fan favorites and underrated. Isn't Unova the most underrated Region out of all 6 of them? Not saying the other Regions are bad, (None of them are.) but why did it have to be Audino of all things? I wouldn't be mad if that wasn't the only Unova Evo. *Sigh* At least it's not a Mega Stunfisk...
Aside from possibly Boufalant, Audino is probably the most underrated poke in Unova!

Gen V is generally seen as one of , if not the, best gens for competitive too, so it's not that underrated... and it's also pretty new, they went with one mega, an underrated one, while the pokémon slowly their newness... that's pretty much gone now, so this is very much the right time for a bunch of Gen V megas...

I'm pretty sure we'll get a new set of starters as mega to replace the gen Is in the story-line for XY2/Z, and Gen V of Gen IV look fairly even footing in my eyes, so I wouldn't worry about more gen V's.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Aside from possibly Boufalant, Audino is probably the most underrated poke in Unova!
Maybe back during the Gen 5 days it was, as it actually was useful thanks to the EXP farming, but as of Gen 6, it's virtually useless. EXP farming with Audino is nigh impossible now (not like anyone needed to grind anymore on them anymore, thanks to the new EXP Share), lacks any real useage in the meta game, even with a Mega, and it's not special in any way. I do believe that Audino is underrated, but one of Unova's most underrated? No.

:094:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Maybe back during the Gen 5 days it was, as it actually was useful thanks to the EXP farming, but as of Gen 6, it's virtually useless. EXP farming with Audino is nigh impossible now (not like anyone needed to grind anymore on them anymore, thanks to the new EXP Share), lacks any real useage in the meta game, even with a Mega, and it's not special in any way. I do believe that Audino is underrated, but one of Unova's most underrated? No.

Wait, what? It was more underrated when it was commonly used for a purpose?

Audino isn't a competative pokémon, nor is it meant to be. It's purpose was to look cute and help you get EXP, and even for it's purpose it was practically forgotten by BW2. That's why it got a mega, because it's underrated and the mega briefly reminded us that it existed, like how Aerodactyl, Medicham, Manetric, Banette, Glaile, and whatever else they decide to add. Designing pokémon takes time, and if no-one remembers them then they're underrated.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I had a new thought the other day...

Mega Shuckle
Type: Bug/Steel
Ability: Shell Armor
HP: 20
Attack: 40
Defense: 250
SP ATK: 40
SP DEF: 250
Speed: 5
Total: 605

When Shuckle mega evolves, its rock hard shell turns into solid steel, further strengthening its defenses. This steel shell is so strong that not even a nuclear explosive can scratch it.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

Mega Shuckle

When Shuckle mega evolves, its rock hard shell turns into solid steel, further strengthening its defenses. This steel shell is so strong that not even a nuclear explosive can scratch it.
Replace Shell Armor with Contrary and you can take all my money.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

Mega Shuckle

Huh. I was actually thinking of Mega Shuckle with his attributes reversed; sky-high offenses and high speed, but paper-thin defenses, with the Sturdy ability.

Top Bottom