• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Pit players still do wrong after 4 years....

Esca

Smash Champion
The thing about using woi to get down is that if Pit gets knocked off stage after a woi he can't recover. Also thinking you have aerials to defend youself is not smart, Pit's aerials are slow and have low priority so most characters can react to a woi and punish then Pit is dead. If you are safe enough that they can't get to you before you reach the ground then most of the time using woi in the first place wasn't really necessary.
Wave bounced down B though.

I can't wait till Apex. I want to MM all you new gen Pits. I include all of you except R@vyn as newgens.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
Depending on the situation, you could just glide down or something. Glide's pretty fast, safer if you do get hit out of it, and has an attack as an additional option. All about options, people. WoI sets you up to either land or die. Don't like that tbh, but that's just me. If you guys think it's a worthwhile option, knock yourselves out. ~,~

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
^ This. I usually glide to get down to the ground faster and escape in the air. You can cancel it at any time and it saved the jumps you haven't used. The only quick aerial pit has is nair which is horrid priority. Just because dair has range doesn't mean it is good to throw out defensively. It trades with tons of moves and trades in that scenario are the worst possible thing because, again, getting knocked offstage means you are dead. Pits aerials also have quite a bit of cooldown so your opponent could bait out your attack and then punish you, potentially kill you for using woi so carelessly. It isnt underrated, it just isnt safe. We aren't ROB sadly.

edit: Looking at it from both sides of the spectrum, it can be safe and even turn into an offensive or stalling tactic if there a are platforms close. I do use woi to land on bf platforms, wing refresh and then climb back up if I need time to think about my landing. In that situation, yes it is viable.

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
WoI is godlike bar a few matchups.

And even used as a mix up in those.

Marth, mk, wario, wolf, falco, fox are ones it's lackluster in.
It's just the positioning u use it in.

Esca

Smash Champion
Playing Pit is fun against Marths. I like how you didn't mention it being suicide vs mk :p

But yeah it goes in so hard! You can even use it twice sometimes. I like jab > utilting sometimes. it's alot of % and it puts them above you.

Esca

Smash Champion
definately. the few combos pit has are character specific. once you learn the basic weight transitions you're fine though.

Top Bottom