• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What other fighting games catch your interest besides Smash?

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Marvel vs capcom 2 is babe i been playing that game for 3 years straight.

Last edited:

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
I enjoy spectating traditional 2D fighters, specifically Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom. I'm terrible at these games, but they're very enjoyable to watch.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Night everyone!!!

As for me these days I'm looking forward to play competitive games like Smash, Street Fighter, Marvel Vs Capcom, DBZ, blazblue, Naruto, Injustice, Tatsunuko vs Capcom, Mortal Kombat and others. Even Mario Kart, Uno card Online, Chess, Checkers, Domino, Billars, Yu-Gi-Oh and others.

Because I always love a good challenge, train myself good and to see what other is capable to do and what I capable to do and I always love competition games. :D

Last edited:

Iblis_Doomed

Smash Rookie
Seeing all these new characters in MKX makes me really want to pick it up, even though I wouldn't know the first thing about how to play it. I was sold at Jason but now theres the Predator AND the Alien!?!? HYPE

primogenitor34

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrumpiestTurtle
3DS FC
1221-0293-7644
I played a bit of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 after my ex bought it for me. I'm horrible at higher difficulties, but I did manage to beat the Arcade mode (final boss is Galactus) several times. Dante (Devil May Cry), Zero (Mega Man), and Super Skrull (Fantastic Four) are my best characters in that game. I haven't played in a while, however...

red hot roy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5473-0450-7276
i am quite into street fighter mainly because i feel it always works out given that throughout all the games, the roster will change, but all the button layouts are mostly the same, so even if a character from say alpha 3 for example doesnt show up in another sf game until later on, they will have the same moveset from that game in the newer one they are in. I also like playing KoF sometimes and I have recently gotten into DoA5 which i really just play because it it fun. oh and MvC is amazing as well.

Last edited:

Darth Tobito

Smash Cadet
NNID
darth_tobito
I've been playing a lot of Pokken because it feels like a game where Charizard is not totally garbage. Street Fighter V is fun even though I suck at it but I really want to get good at it.

Questriolu

Smash Cadet
When I was younger, I started to play the anniversary edition of Street Fighter, including Street Fighter 2 and Third Strike(I really sucked in those games)

The other fighting game that I also played is SNK vs Capcom, which is one of my favorite fighting games before I picked up Smash Bros.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
I am really, REALLY awful at fighting games but I do enjoy watching Street Fighter or Tekken videos, I also watch some Mortal Kombat or BlazBlue sometimes. I'd love to buy Pokken but I can't afford buying it right now. I casually play Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on PS3 with my sisters (we're looking forward to playing Tekken 7 however, we need a PS4).

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Tekken Tag 2 Wii U and SoulCali V. I haven't found my main in either, but I've found secondaries that I like.

I want to try out Skullgirls at some point, because I hear it has an amazing tutorial system.

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Tekken Tag 2 Wii U and SoulCali V. I haven't found my main in either, but I've found secondaries that I like.

I want to try out Skullgirls at some point, because I hear it has an amazing tutorial system.
Its tutorial is godlike, but the game itself is really hard to git gud at. I've played around 30 hours I think and still have not won a single online match (granted, only the hardcore people play online in the first place. most casuals avoid it like me)

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
Currently I'm playing a lot of sfv, I just hot gold league XD. KOF XIV has my interest too

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Pokken Tournament, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Marvel VS. Capcom.

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
i love doa and sf but im horrible at both but if i can get someone to sit me down my fundamental knowledge of fighters isnt to bad been wanting to get into ggxrd and dengeki bunko

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not much fighting games caught my attention besides Smash, however Skullgirls looks fun imo. Especially Peacock...

ABloodyCanadian

Smash Cadet
NNID
ABCanadian
3DS FC
4957-6118-7040
Skullgirls which I own on Steam (Though I'm garbage at). And I'm also hoping Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator comes out on Steam too...

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
Before my love of competitive Melee/PM, I was HUGE (and in a way still am) on many of SNK's fighters. Fatal Fury, King of Fighters, Art of Fighting, Samurai Shodown, Last Blade, etc. my particular favorites are Real Bout Fatal Fury 1, KoF2000, Samurai Shodown 2, and Last Blade 2.

D

Deleted member

I like to dabble in other fighting games like Street Fighter 4 (don't have a PS4 yet, so no SF5), Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Pokken, but I am pretty bad at all of these games (but I do think that my Phoenix Wright in UMVC3 is at least passable). Smash is really the only fighting game that I'm good at.

Last edited by a moderator:

WIZRADisRAD

Smash Rookie
I played a lot of pokken when it came out but I got tired of it after a week but I would consider picking it up again one day. Other than that I played a lot of tekken and a good amount of Soul Caliber 2 when I was younger, and would pick them up if I had a system to play them on, I also want to pick up on of the JJBA games specifically "All Star Battle."

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Also going to add Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 to my fighting game interests. Always loved the idea of having both companies fighting against each other.

Mains:
CAPCOM: Ryu, Strider Hiryu, Phoenix Wright, Dante.
MARVEL: Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
For most of my life I was never into fighting game, but thanks to Smash, I am now a big time fan, and I want to get into others. I've only just gotten Super Street Fighter IV for the 3DS (it was on deep discount, which helped) and I totally love it.. Injustice, Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs Capcom all look a ton of fun, and hopefully one day I can get them.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I recently got Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst and it was alright. I used to be a fan of the Naruto anime back in the day but I lost interest in it along with anime in general. I only got it because it was on a Steam sale.

ArkBahamut

Smash Rookie
i play a little Pokken sometimes. and i wanna play BBTAG and Blade Strangers eventually.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
This definitely catches my interest!

Thanks to the Wii's Virtual Console service I've fallen totally in love with the Samurai Shodown series so this is probably going to be a day 1 purchase for me. Matter of fact, I'm even more excited about the new SS game than I am about Soul Calibur VI.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I play BBTAG and its great. At the very least, its a better fighting game than Smash 4. Maybe Ultimate will bring me back.

I also will be getting FighterZ when that comes to Switch. Hopefully, it’ll be worth it. I’ve heard negative things about the game that irk me but I always have BBTAG to fix those for me.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
My tastes:
- Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL (My guilty pleasure)
- Dead or Alive ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- Killer Instinct (Xbox One)
- Street Fighter
- Tekken

Top Bottom