• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What options could I set up with n-air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So I was bored screwing around in practice mode and realized how rarely I use nair in tournies if ever for the most part with dedede. I was wondering if anyone has any success with this move during tournies and for what scenarios they used it for. Like would this move be worth it to edgeguard at all lets say far off the screen or would just a f-air be a better choice at all instances? I rarely see this move used at all.

Jupz

Smash Master
Next time use the Q&A thread. It can be quite useful if you input as you rise from a jump in the air. Usually bair is better but its useful for stopping Fox and falcos side b.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I've looked at the Q&A thread a bit but im not really looking for a simple Q&A type answer. I kind of want to know if people have had success with the move, to what extent, maybe some vids to prove their point from the tourney? Basically I was thinking of incorporating it into my game more and kind of want to know all of the possible set ups, ones that I know, but for the most part those that I don't so i can learn how to make greater use of the move.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
We all know that our neutral air has horrible range, will never kill at realistic percents, which means it has horrible knockback.

(This only works if your opponent has like 30% or less) Fastfall a neutral air, then do uptilt. It's a true combo because of the hitstun of the neutral air combined with the speedy up tilt. You can do two uptilts after fastfalling a neutral air on a heavy character like Snake, Bowser or Ganondorf.
And yeah check out the answers to that question in the Q&A thread...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Nair is also great for spacing against people who are in front of you and dangerously close. Its also a really good "hit to miss" move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom