• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What newcomer will you struggle against?

Trambo

Smash Cadet
Hey just out of curiosity
What newcomer do you fear fighting the most and why?

I haven't gotten my hands on the game at all but since I'm going to try playing a fair amount of incineroar. I feel like the the inklings are gonna be a rough time for me.

Excited to hear your thoughts

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I fear Ken because he’s potentially the most busted newcomer so far, alongside maybe K. Rool. The fact that he’s a faster Ryu means there’s nowhere to hide...

KatKit

Smash Lord
As much as I like it, the Piranha Plant looks deceptive and downright janky. I think it'll be unpredictable to some extent, and hard to hit/approach initially.

McCree

Smash Cadet
Isabelle, she looks sooo cute and I can't concentrate with her on my screen.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Simons reach and projectiles seem like a powerful combination. He's one to watch out for.

Trambo

Smash Cadet
Simons reach and projectiles seem like a powerful combination. He's one to watch out for.
For sure and I wonder how hard it will be to get in on a simon with incineroar. I mean he has the lariat but if I miss im unsure how easily punished it can be due to how long it lasts and simons range.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Ken if the player knows street fighter :eek:

I don't look forward to the potential camping Isabelles with that fishing rod and

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
The Belmonts may be tricky until I get the hang of how they fight. Though, I'm not convinced they will be great after people learn how to fight them.

As for Ken, he may be faster, but I have experience fighting Ryu, most of which should transfer, so there isn't as high of a learning curve.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
From what I've seen, the Belmonts will make me a god-fearing woman. Getting out-projectile'd while also having my projectiles eaten or nullified by an essentially lagless forward tilt/n-air/angled f-air, and/or slid under with down tilt/bounced off of with d-air makes me think I'm not gonna have a fun time getting in.

Plus Richter spamming "TAKE THIS" will get old fast.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Isabelle looks the most concerning to me. Villager gave me a hard time in 4, and Isabelle is everything Villager had but even more irritating.
Ken would be concerning, considering I struggled even harder with Ryu than Villager, but I barely saw Ryu's so I doubt Ken will be common to worry about.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I think Alpharad's right and that Isabelle is going to be broken. Seeing her fight is... scary... and I think a good Isabelle will be a force to be reckoned with

D

Deleted member

Inklings are fast as hell and they can double nair short hop. They're gonna be hard to deal with

zzmorg82

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch FC
2476 2506 3411
I’m not sure yet; this will probably be answered for me once the game has been out for a few weeks.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hard to say for sure since the game hasn't released yet.

The Belmonts seem like they could be obnoxious to deal with if used properly, Isabelle could potentially be a pain as well. I already dislike fighting against Peach as is so Daisy will probably be just as annoying.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
I think piranha plant is going to be VERY tricky. Small, fast, unorthodox combat style, amazing recovery, potent looking attacks...that thing is gonna get cries for nerfs right out the gate.

Top Bottom