• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U What music tracks have you spotted in this game and music tracks do you want?

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
A StarTropics remix, preferably of this theme...

http://youtu.be/u5mK2SV7Dws

...would be perfect on Wuhu Island. I'm not holding my breath or anything, but it would be nice if Nintendo remembered StarTropics exists.
Sakurai Be Like ''Startropics? Eh sounds like a boring game that sold next to nothing and I doubt Most of Japan will recognize the character from Said Game.......

WHICH IS THE PERFECT REASON TO ADD MIKE TO THE NEXT SUPER SMASH BROS! :troll:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Apparently the original menu music from Melee is back. You can see the "Original" tag when one of the "Menu (Melee)" tracks are hovered over while GameXplain hovers through the default music list in their video.

At about 1:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56vVA9jdHI8

-sorry if this is known already. I thought I would just post this just in case people didn't see that. (I didn't see it before, either....)

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
While I'm bummed by the fact that there have been no signs of a new F-Zero stage on the Wii U version, I'm also upset/baffled that after two games of Port Town Aero Dive being a stage, the actual Port Town theme from F-Zero GX is still not a selectable song! Honestly, it should be the most fitting song for that stage!

And even if they didn't want to use that Port Town theme, there were still two other equally fitting songs that they could have chosen!

As much as I'd love for these songs to be remixed, I'd have settled for direct rips if it meant I could finally get at least one Port Town song to go with a Port Town stage.

....Or maybe I should just shut up and be happy that I can listen to three versions of the Mute City theme on the same stage -_-

Last edited:

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
I agree with Mach5Mike, Where the hell is my GX music? I can live without getting GX's Mute City since Smash 4's remix is pretty boss, but Like A Snake (Port Town), Osc-sync Carnival (Lightning), Infinite Blue (Big Blue) and Zen (Aeropolis) were on my wanted track list for F-Zero for a long time now. I swear they better be unlockables. EDIT: Shoot, totally forgot about Emperor Breath (Story Mission 8: Vs. Deathborn). That track is totally heavy, too.

Also, as a Sonic fan, I'm glad they decided to put in Escape from the City, and apparently from what I've been catching on the net Knight of the Wind made the cut, but I must be one of the very few people out there that wants 'It Doesn't Matter' from Sonic Adventure 1 back. I personally loved the hell out of that song and although Sonic's had a bunch of great vocal themes, that's the one that really made me embrace Sonic's Dreamcast era themes outside 'Open Your Heart'. Oh, that, getting 'Un-Gravitify' from Sonic Riders Zero Gravity and a version of Sonic Colors/Generations' Planet Wisp would be just dandy.

I don't ask for much for Mega Man, especially since I'm pretty sure they're gonna keep it within his original games and not lead off to the other franchises like X or Battle Network, but I'd love to get some music from Mega Man 8. That soundtrack was smooth as silk, especially Astro Man, Frost Man and Grenade Man's themes.

Lastly, considering we got a Star Fox: Assault stage (and because I'm still hoping Krystal makes the DLC cut somehow), I'd love for the Sauria theme from Assault makes it in. Easily one of the strongest tracks in that entire game. Oh, and Corneria's theme. Getting a bit tired of getting the same theme from Melee for so long now...

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Sooo, how does everyone like their 8 different version of DK Island Swing?
Yeah, Sakurai, it's not like Aquatic Ambience, Grassland Groove, Windmill Hills, Mountain Mania, Mill Fever, Rockface Rumble, Forest Frenzy, Homecoming Hijinx, Scorch N' Torch, Enchanted Riverbank, Lockjaw's Saga, Boulder Roller, Treetop Tumble, Amiss Abyss, Fear Factory, etc. exist, nope, only DK Island Swing gets to make the cut, oh and ONE song from Tropical Freeze.

Also, I feel insulted by the lack of Storm Eagle, Gesselschaft Battle or Cannonball from the Megaman songlist, sticking to the classic series exclusively was a beyond-stupid choice.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I agree with Mach5Mike, Where the hell is my GX music? I can live without getting GX's Mute City since Smash 4's remix is pretty boss, but Like A Snake (Port Town), Osc-sync Carnival (Lightning), Infinite Blue (Big Blue) and Zen (Aeropolis) were on my wanted track list for F-Zero for a long time now. I swear they better be unlockables.
On that note, what about some of the character themes? Namely, Captain Falcon's theme. If Calling to the Night (in Brawl) and those Sonic vocal themes got in then there's no excuse why that song shouldn't be in.

Does anyone remember the name of that Kirby Air Ride song that played on Summit in Brawl? That wintery-sounding song, that would be nice to return too, especially if there's a different snow/ice themed stage. I haven't played Brawl in a long time so I forgot the song's name

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
On that note, what about some of the character themes? Namely, Captain Falcon's theme. If Calling to the Night (in Brawl) and those Sonic vocal themes got in then there's no excuse why that song shouldn't be in.

Does anyone remember the name of that Kirby Air Ride song that played on Summit in Brawl? That wintery-sounding song, that would be nice to return too, especially if there's a different snow/ice themed stage. I haven't played Brawl in a long time so I forgot the song's name
Frozen Hillside, though if memory serves it plays on Halberd. It played on the glacier level in SSE, which might be what you're thinking of. I hope it, Checker Knights, and Butter Building (Brawl) all make it back, and I don't think that's terribly unlikely.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Frozen Hillside, though if memory serves it plays on Halberd. It played on the glacier level in SSE, which might be what you're thinking of. I hope it, Checker Knights, and Butter Building (Brawl) all make it back, and I don't think that's terribly unlikely.
Right, that was it. I confused the SSE level with the Summit stage. But yeah, that would be great, along with Butter Building (Brawl) and is the Brawl version of King Dedede's theme in as well? Cause if not I'd like that to come back too

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
I agree with Mach5Mike, Where the hell is my GX music? I can live without getting GX's Mute City since Smash 4's remix is pretty boss, but Like A Snake (Port Town), Osc-sync Carnival (Lightning), Infinite Blue (Big Blue) and Zen (Aeropolis) were on my wanted track list for F-Zero for a long time now. I swear they better be unlockables.
Because Sakurai logic.

Coincidentally, most of the songs both of you listed actually replace the F-Zero songs I use in my Project M build :D

I would have also have loved to have some of the songs from Nintendo anime featured in Smash Bros. for once, namely these two:

aka The awesome song that played during the epic Falcon Punch scene :D

Because it would turn every match into a sing-along :D

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
Because Sakurai logic.

Coincidentally, most of the songs both of you listed actually replace the F-Zero songs I use in my Project M build :D

I would have also have loved to have some of the songs from Nintendo anime featured in Smash Bros. for once, namely these two:

aka The awesome song that played during the epic Falcon Punch scene :D
Man... if by some crazed reason 'The Meaning of Truth' was an unlockable song I think I'd actually be upset... because of the fact such an amazing song got in and they didn't modify Falcon's Final Smash to re-enact that very moment that made it famous in the first place, lol. Also added to my first post. Totally forgot to add that Emperor Breath from the Story Race vs. Deathborn. That's a personal fave, after all.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm honestly going to be little more than pissed if "King Bowser" from Galaxy 1 isn't in this game.
That reminds me of Bowser's Road. (Music while you're going through the path to Bowser.)
I hope that's in. Would also add some more Super Mario 64 representation, even if it's only through music.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I was watching a video showing the default songs and I noticed the title screen song from NES Remix 2.
What stage could it be on? Wrecking Crew maybe?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I was watching a video showing the default songs and I noticed the title screen song from NES Remix 2.
What stage could it be on? Wrecking Crew maybe?
Duck Hunt Stage

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Heres a new confirmed song

It is a remix of the escape theme of metroid

Starts in nes state then modernizes as the song continues

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Duck Hunt Stage
Hmm... that makes sense, still think Wrecking Crew could've been better for it.
On topic?: Which songs from the 3ds version have you noticed are not present?
Me: Mario 3 medley, Paper Mario Medley, Underground theme, Tomodachi Life, Mii channel, Find Mii music, and the Kirby's Dreamland chip tunes.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm thinking Sakurai's saving these for the Miiverse stage, considering the Mii Channel theme played then.
Mii Maker I can see, but I think Tomodachi life may be exclusive due to being a handheld game and all.
Also, I forgot about the Spirit Tracks song in my other post. Whoopsie!

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Please someone tell me they didn't get rid of Multi-Man Melee 1...
Also "Don't Speak Her Name!" from Fire Emblem Awakening would be cool. Oh, and maybe Chemical Plant Zone Modern. Otherwise a lot of songs I wanted are in and I praise them lots.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I kind of hope they let us have the character select theme from smash 64 play on the menu. Or have like a remastered version (I know they have the results screen but they could make it more menu-ey).

Also is there a reason everyone collectively stopped uploading music tracks? Was there some gameplay limit in the embargo?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Here's Cynthia's theme from Pokémon with no SFX

Just to name a few...
The final boss theme from Bowser's Inside Story is confirmed to play on the Mario Galaxy stage.

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
Cynthia's theme sounds much better than what people were making it out to be. Maybe now that people have a chance to listen to it without SFX they'll agree.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Cynthia's theme sounds much better than what people were making it out to be. Maybe now that people have a chance to listen to it without SFX they'll agree.
I agree. I don't understand why people are saying the original was better or that this remix sucked. I love the approach they went with this remix. How it's all classical, with some 8-bit melodies placed here and there, but still retaining the intensity of the original, at least in my opinion. It's a welcome change of pace from all the rock remixes we are getting in Smash Bros.

linhgame

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Linh-Game
3DS FC
1736-0779-8050
I wanna hear the Master Order and Crazy Order menu music without SFX but nobody has uploaded it :ohwell:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Here's Cynthia's theme from Pokémon with no SFX

The final boss theme from Bowser's Inside Story is confirmed to play on the Mario Galaxy stage.
Why 192kbps youtube why?

Anyway, I did noticed neat stereo effects, but it's clearly not the original quality version. This one though has the potential to be really good.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
The Mario Galaxy Stage sounds like it will be my most played stage in the game. Not only does it looks visually beautiful, but the music is both diverse and amazing! "Fated Battle" from Super Mario Galaxy 2, "Jergingha- Planet Destruction Form" from The Wonderful 101, "Grand Finale" from Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, along with all the other various Galaxy related songs just makes this stage so.....EPIC!!! ^o^

D

Deleted member

I want to know where The Final Antasma Battle will be. I would've loved Never Let Up! and Adventure's End to also be part of this, but beggars can't be choosers.

A really strange choice (well, considering the stage and, um, Sakurai Bias) was realized a day or two ago in Palutena's Temple. There is a non-Kid Icarus track, and it's this:

Yes, there will be new Golden Sun content.

Top Bottom