• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U What music tracks have you spotted in this game and music tracks do you want?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

This game will have a lot of music, so I would like to know what music pieces you have noticed in the game.

I noticed Celestial Valley from Kirby Air Ride on Great Cave Offensive, along with a Cynthia theme remix (Or medley, it sounds fairly different)

As for want, C-R-O-W-N-E-D is a MUST! Seriously, Its so awesome and so many people want it
EXAMPLE of its popularity
Mods, If this video is somehow breaking a rule, please remove it, also, its not my video.

I also really want to see Diantha's Battle theme.

What about you, what music pieces do you know is in the game and what music pieces do you want to see in the game?

LosTimeTurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lostimeturner
Well just because it has a lot of music doesn't mean its all new...
Some of it is classic/original music and some of it is from brawl

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I've spotted...

Jeringha (The Wonderful 101)

Rhythm Boxing (Wii Fit Plus)

Music from Yoshi's Wooly World (From the E3 2014 trailer.)

Celestial Valley (Kirby Air Ride)

Pandemonium (Mario Party 9)

A Wrecking Crew medley.

Nintendo Land Plaza (Nintendo Land, duh. :T)

...So yay.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
JERGHINGA PLANETARY DESTRUCTION FORM PLAYS ON MARIO GALAXY! YES, YES SAKURAI, TAKE MY MONEY, ALL OF IT, DON'T HOLD BACK! I'LL GIVE ALL OF MY MONEY TO YOUR METROID/DK/MOTHER/STARFOX-HATING ASS IF I NEED TO TO MAKE WONDER RED DLC!

OH. MY. GOD. I seriously can't believe this, Wonderful 101 music on a Mario Stage, and THE Wonderful 101 music, now all we need's Wonder Red as DLC, did I mention THAT THIS SONG'S AMAZING!?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
F-L-O-W-E-R (Moonstruck Blossom) is vastly superior

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Punch Punch March from The Wonderful 101 to play on Boxing Ring
Battle in the Blossom City Burbs to play on Onett
Also if The Won-Stoppable Wonderful 101 is in the game in any capacity that by itself would be amazing, but songs with lyrics don't get in often.

The more Wonderful 101 music in this game the better, that game's soundtrack is a priceless gem.

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
F-L-O-W-E-R is vastly superior
While it is better, that's actually a name fans made up before the game was released outside Japan. The real name is "Moonstruck Blossom."

In addition to personally wanting that as well, I also really, really, REALLY want my single most favorite song of the current generation: World Bowser. It's a level-select theme and is pretty repetitive, but I'd settle for a remix if necessary. It's just so freaking catchy!

While I'm on the subject of Super Mario 3D World (an amazing game by all accounts), I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Hisstocrat. This was a boss theme so catchy that they used it in the trailers, making people think it was the game's official theme. Heck, this song might have even already been confirmed and I just missed it somehow, I'm so sure we'll get it.

There's also the classic Beware the Forest Mushrooms, the forest maze theme from Super Mario RPG. Supposedly this song actually was remastered for Brawl but ended up not being used. I'd like to see it actually make it to the light this time.

And finally I agree with everyone else that The Wonderful 101 needs as much representation as possible.

As for songs already in that I wanted, my ears certainly perked up upon hearing the Nintendo Land Plaza music in the 50 Facts video, as well as Xenoblade's song One Who Gets In Our Way (during Metal Face's appearance), and we already have my most beloved song: Gear Getaway (and a PERFECT remix at that).

I also noticed during the "My Music" section of the 50-Fact video that the Trophy Rush song can be played on Battlefield. HECK. YES.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
What music tracks do you want?
- Fountain of Dreams.
- A good Zelda 2 palace theme (like the one in Melee).
- SNES Starfox Corneria (the N64 music for that stage was trash in comparison).
- "Wind Garden" from Super Mario Galaxy
- "Wild Glide Galaxy: from Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Dr Wiley's Castle 1st stage from Megaman 2 (Has to be done properly and not like the bull**** ****up of it we have heard on the official music page)
- Bramble Scramble from DKC2 (if done properly, it'd be a nice option as an alternate music to the Jungle Hijinx stage) In saying the Jungle Level (from the lost world DKC2 music would fit the stage better)
- "Mining Melancholy" It's called that in the DKC2 soundtrack. "I forget what the first 2 mine stages are called in the game but the 3rd is "Windy Well". I think this music could be a great alternative to the Great Cave Offensive music for that stage.
- Both Melee main menu tracks. They were really cool and sounded great.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Has anyone spotted any new MOTHER songs/remixes?

Anyway, I'd love to see a remix of the original Wild Pokémon Theme from Red/Green. It doesn't get much more nostalgic than that.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Punch Punch March from The Wonderful 101 to play on Boxing Ring
Battle in the Blossom City Burbs to play on Onett
Also if The Won-Stoppable Wonderful 101 is in the game in any capacity that by itself would be amazing, but songs with lyrics don't get in often.

The more Wonderful 101 music in this game the better, that game's soundtrack is a priceless gem.
Someone beat me to the punch with The Wonderful 101 music.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

This game will have a lot of music, so I would like to know what music pieces you have noticed in the game.

I noticed Celestial Valley from Kirby Air Ride on Great Cave Offensive, along with a Cynthia theme remix (Or medley, it sounds fairly different)

As for want, C-R-O-W-N-E-D is a MUST! Seriously, Its so awesome and so many people want it
EXAMPLE of its popularity
Mods, If this video is somehow breaking a rule, please remove it, also, its not my video.

I also really want to see Diantha's Battle theme.

What about you, what music pieces do you know is in the game and what music pieces do you want to see in the game?
Yeah, I remember that I overhype when I noticed that number :)

I know someone think he noticed a pokemon colleusseum track in the paint phot section (just so you don't overhype, it's not the battle theme).

But just to add, I noticed the Paper Mario medlay from the 3ds and the composer of pm64 is now joining on this version, but instead of just being crdited for fire emblem like brawl, he also got credits for Paper Mario (not TTYD but it's pm64).

Which leads me to think a likely pm64 tracks but because Saki kasuga is already composing for TTYD anyway, it doesn't imply it's the end after. The same person was credited in spm so, it's even possible, but I rely more on pm64 because of its composers.

D

Deleted member

I saw "Xenoblade Chronicles Medley" on the CD soundtrack list for the Wii U version and heard Engage the Enemy. Can't really get more hyped for music than that!

I would like to see Dialga's Fight to the Finish from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but its probably not going to happen.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I really really want Pokemon Gen 2 music. I can't stress enough how disappointed I will be if that game gets ignored again. You just don't ignore one of the most popular Pokemon games, you just don't!

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I really want Fourside back. The Melee version is amazing, but I'd be open to a newly created mix as well.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
What was the track that played on the new Mario Circuit stage? It sounded so familiar but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'm hoping for a track from Pokemon Battle Revolution. The game itself was mediocre, but the OST is pretty jazzy.
Either...

Neon Colosseum...

Or Gateway Colosseum.

Of course, there's lots of other songs I'd want.

Last edited:

Hat Trick

Smash Rookie
This probably won't be happening, but I'd really like a medley of the Internet themes of all the MegaMan Battle Network games.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I saw that the How to Play music from Melee is a menu track now!

We need Fountain of Dreams back. ASAP.

We also need a new remix of Gangplank Galleon for Jungle Hijinx. Make the K. Rool fans happy, Sakurai!

And while we're at it, let's put in the DK Rap remix from Melee! That would make me so extremely happy you guys don't even know.

What was the track that played on the new Mario Circuit stage? It sounded so familiar but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was.
Pandemonium from Mario Party 9, It's a remix of Mario Kart: Double Dash's battle theme, so that's awesome as well.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Apparently Celestial Valley is on the Great Cave Offensive stage. That's sweet, any extra Air Ride music is awesome.

My top three wants are:
Epic Yarn's version of Butter Building is one of my favorite video game tracks of all time. I play it on Pictochat in all my Brawl mods, and it fits perfectly. Not sure that Kirby's Epic Yarn getting a stage is very likely, though, given we already have a Yoshi's Woolly World one.

I imagine it's already been mentioned, but yeah. It's a perfect fit for a Smash battle, too.

Ok, so it wouldn't sound exactly like this (no one tops Retro Remix Revue), but Mario Paint could use some love. Heck, it'd make a pretty awesome stage if Miiverse and Pictochat didn't already exist.

Honorable mentions include Kirby Melee from Air Ride, Gourmet Race 2 and Cocoa Cave from Kirby Super Star, Dolphin Shoals and Mario Circuit GBA from MK8, and the Metro-Cross theme for Pac-Land (and in general, I'd love to see a wide array of Namco games represented there, awesome Pac-Mania remix notwithstanding).

And of course, every theme from Halberd (or at least Meta Knight's Revenge, Gourmet Race, the Legendary Air Ride Machine, Butter Building, and Checker Knights) had better return. And even if Magicant doesn't end up in the Wii U version, there's no excuse for the Smiles and Tears theme not being on Onett.

Last edited:

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
I don't know why, but I kinda want the "indoors" song from pretty much every Zelda game.

Also anything from Mother3 or Mario64

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
How many tracks did Brawl have? 437 is impressive, but far less so if we get everything from Brawl as part of it.

So far Sanic wise we only have Sonic Heroes/Live and Learn/Windy Hill/Title screen confirmed. I hope we get something from Generations, particularly its GHZ mix or Metal Sonic, Planet Wisp, and Dragon Dance (Sky Road act 2).

GMSTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GMSTerra
I was able to notice Smash's remix of "Confrontation with the Enemy" from Xenoblade Chronicles! It seems like it is sped up to match the speed of the match in Smash, I dunno if that's a good thing considering how much I loved "Confrontation with the Enemy"

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I noticed there was a remix of the Island Tour theme from New Leaf that was different from the one on the 3DS version (I really like them both but I might like this one better). Hopefully this means we get more New Leaf music instead of just City Folk stuff

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Please give me a ton of Fire Emblem music, Don't Speak Her Name from Awakening would be awesome.

BBC7

Smash Ace
If we're going to talk about W101 Music, I think Wonder Black's Theme should be included. No real reason other than the fact that it's an 8-bit OST from a 2013 game.

As for non-classical Mega Man, I think they should include:

Storm Eagle (MMX)
Spark Mandrill (MMX)
Flame Stag (MMX2)
Blaze Heatnix (MMX6)
Shadow Devil (MMX5, although I guess it's technically just Wily Boss Fight MM1)
Blast Hornet (MMX3)
Cannonball (MMZ3)

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
This just in! The music "Conquest(Ablaze)" from Fire Emblem Awakening is in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U within the Coliseum stage.

Here's the video that proves it.

And here is the song in question that was playing in the video.

This gives me hope that even more Fire Emblem: Awakening music will be present within the two Fire Emblem stages that are in the Wii U version of Smash Bros. It's also an interesting choice in music as that was one song I was not expecting. Very pleasant surprise overall though. ^_^

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
If we're going to talk about W101 Music, I think Wonder Black's Theme should be included. No real reason other than the fact that it's an 8-bit OST from a 2013 game.

As for non-classical Mega Man, I think they should include:

Storm Eagle (MMX)
Spark Mandrill (MMX)
Flame Stag (MMX2)
Blaze Heatnix (MMX6)
Shadow Devil (MMX5, although I guess it's technically just Wily Boss Fight MM1)
Blast Hornet (MMX3)
Cannonball (MMZ3)
You didn't mention:

Boomer Kuwanger (MMX)
Password Screen (MMX)
Blizzard Buffalo (MMX3)
Bubble Crab (MMX2)

These 4 are just as amazing as the ones you said.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
After watching some new gameplay I found out the track playing on the new Mario Circuit stage is from Mario Party 9

Here is game play with the stage/song:

And here is the orginal song:

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
If they have Mario Party 9 music, maybe they'll have music from older Mario Parties? I mean I know it's a Mario Kart stage and not Mario Party, and that was based off a song from Double Dash, but if they did I'd really like Let's Get a Move On from Mario Party 3, Going Somewhere from Mario Party 2, the opening from Mario Party 1, or Valuable Treasure/How to Play from Mario Party 4 (more than one of these would be a lot I know but let me dream).

Also, I noticed something in the screenshot for the My Music page for Mushroom Kingdom U:

(I think Ground Theme/Underground theme is the one that played in the E3 Demo and is in the 3DS version, and SMB Medley might be from Brawl) Didn't the Lost Levels have the exact same music as Super Mario Bros? I'm really hoping this is a translation error and that's really a Super Mario Bros 2/USA/Doki Doki Panic medley or else we'll have at least 3 separate remixes of the same theme for the same stage, which is really quite a waste when you think about the backlog of music they had to work with, most of which hasn't even been remixed once for Smash. If there's no more music left to be unlocked for this stage and 9 is the final number, and they use the Super Mario Bros 3 Medley from the 3DS version and the original NSMB2 overworld music that was in the 50 Facts Direct, that means only 2 music pieces left and they'll probably just be other remixes of the SMB theme. Hopefully they won't disappoint!

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
How many tracks did Brawl have? 437 is impressive, but far less so if we get everything from Brawl as part of it.

So far Sanic wise we only have Sonic Heroes/Live and Learn/Windy Hill/Title screen confirmed. I hope we get something from Generations, particularly its GHZ mix or Metal Sonic, Planet Wisp, and Dragon Dance (Sky Road act 2).
Liked for Dragon Dance. Heck I'm actually really glad it's a Sonic Lost World stage, cause it probably means we'll get more than a few tracks from that game. I'd also be surprised if Rooftop Run wasn't in considering how popular it is.

Also OMG W101 music confirmed?! This makes me so happy. If we get the W101 theme song on any stage life will be glorious.

I'd personally like Advance Wars music, but I know that won't happen so I'm gonna talk some nostalgic Fire Emblem tracks. Yeah yeah Awakening's soundtrack is great, but you know what else is great?

Unshakable Faith- Fire Emblem Blazing Sword
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqqdWkWPW_s&index=75&list=PLDF3D3890DA98DA0D

Powerful Foe-Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHG_xTJ3Ns4

Just a pair of examples from the GBA games that would sound ZOMGAWESOME if they got remixed. I was really excited back when Brawl came out and I found that they had the FE7 battle theme, so hearing more remixes would be great. But if they just end up bringing that track back, well, that's okay too.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
If they have Mario Party 9 music, maybe they'll have music from older Mario Parties? I mean I know it's a Mario Kart stage and not Mario Party, and that was based off a song from Double Dash, but if they did I'd really like Let's Get a Move On from Mario Party 3, Going Somewhere from Mario Party 2, the opening from Mario Party 1, or Valuable Treasure/How to Play from Mario Party 4 (more than one of these would be a lot I know but let me dream).

Also, I noticed something in the screenshot for the My Music page for Mushroom Kingdom U:

(I think Ground Theme/Underground theme is the one that played in the E3 Demo and is in the 3DS version, and SMB Medley might be from Brawl) Didn't the Lost Levels have the exact same music as Super Mario Bros? I'm really hoping this is a translation error and that's really a Super Mario Bros 2/USA/Doki Doki Panic medley or else we'll have at least 3 separate remixes of the same theme for the same stage, which is really quite a waste when you think about the backlog of music they had to work with, most of which hasn't even been remixed once for Smash. If there's no more music left to be unlocked for this stage and 9 is the final number, and they use the Super Mario Bros 3 Medley from the 3DS version and the original NSMB2 overworld music that was in the 50 Facts Direct, that means only 2 music pieces left and they'll probably just be other remixes of the SMB theme. Hopefully they won't disappoint!
I want to say that a red "Remix" icon means it's new to 3DS/Wii U, whereas grey ones are from earlier in the series. The Lost Levels bit is interesting, though; the only tune that was any different was the ending (and even it was just an extension of the SMB one). A Super Mario Bros. 2 medley would be sweet, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Personally, I never understood why the NSMB Athletic / Ground theme remix was claimed to be from NSMB2, when there's no significant difference between them.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
- Fountain of Dreams.
- A good Zelda 2 palace theme (like the one in Melee).
- SNES Starfox Corneria (the N64 music for that stage was trash in comparison).
- "Wind Garden" from Super Mario Galaxy
- "Wild Glide Galaxy: from Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Dr Wiley's Castle 1st stage from Megaman 2 (Has to be done properly and not like the bull**** ****up of it we have heard on the official music page)
- Bramble Scramble from DKC2 (if done properly, it'd be a nice option as an alternate music to the Jungle Hijinx stage) In saying the Jungle Level (from the lost world DKC2 music would fit the stage better)
- "Mining Melancholy" It's called that in the DKC2 soundtrack. "I forget what the first 2 mine stages are called in the game but the 3rd is "Windy Well". I think this music could be a great alternative to the Great Cave Offensive music for that stage.
- Both Melee main menu tracks. They were really cool and sounded great.
You're not being serious are you? The remix is amazing.

It'd be kinda weird if we didn't get the NSMBU overworld theme.

Top Bottom