• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What music do you want for the Midgar stage

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I would to see the Culex battle theme used in Mario RPG, I think this was actually a Final Fantasy song, but I forget which game it was from.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
Aside from everything we've heard in the trailers, I'm thinking we'll get a new FFVII medley and One Winged Angel at the very least. If we're using the Suzaku Castle method, then we can only expect at least 4 original songs alongside 1 remix/medley.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Aside from everything we've heard in the trailers, I'm thinking we'll get a new FFVII medley and One Winged Angel at the very least. If we're using the Suzaku Castle method, then we can only expect at least 4 original songs alongside 1 remix/medley.
There were two remixes (Ken Stage is there too, y'know), but it's Final Fantasy, so even taking that road would give a great soundtrack for Midgar

Number Three

Smash Cadet
I personally really want Aeris' Theme. It's one of my personal favorite FFVII songs and, before anyone says that song isn't fitting to fight to, the MOTHER 3 Love Theme is in this game and a notable time that plays in MOTHER 3 is when:
Claus remembers who he is and commits suicide.
I don't think Aeris' Theme can't work.

Last edited:

Strato

Smash Rookie
NNID
StratoArctica
3DS FC
1907-8871-0534
So much wants. Very wow.
Well aware not everything will get in, just a list of songs that would be cool to get in.

FF1:
-Chaos Shrine
-Last Battle

FF3:
-Vs. Cloud of Darkness

FF4:
-Red Wings
-Fight 2
-Dreadful Fight
-Tower of Zot
-Vs. Zeromus

FF5:
-Clash on the Big Bridge
-The Decisive Battle

FF6:
-Kefka Theme
-The Decisive Battle
-Dancing Mad

FF7 (Stuff not in the trailer):
-One Winged Angel
-J-E-N-O-V-A
-Crazy Motorcycle Chase
-Weapon Raid
-Mako Reactor
-Shinra Company
-Chasing the Black-Caped Man
-Electric de Chocobo
-Hurry!
-Highwind Takes to the Skies
-Birth of a God

FF8:
-Liberi Fatali
-The Landing
-Force Your Way
-Never Look Back
-The Man With the Machine Gun
-Only a Plank Between One and Perdition
-Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec
-Lunatic Pandora
-The Legendary Beast
-Maybe I'm Just a Lion
-The Extreme

FF9:
-The Dark Messenger

FF10:
-Otherworld
-Enemy Attack
-Challenge
-Seymour Battle

FF11:
-Realm of Emptiness (Dissidia 012 Mix)

FF12:
-Battle for Freedom

FF13:
-Saber's Edge
-Fighting Fate
-Born Anew

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Aside from most of the other songs people have suggested (FF7 staples like J E N O V A, One Winged Angel, and Aerith's theme, as well as songs from other FFs) call me crazy but songs from one of Squeenix's non Final Fantasy hits, The World Ends With You, would be awesome. I'm thinking "Transformation", "Twister" (any version), and "Emptiness and" would be really awesome.

and Saber's Edge from FFXIII. Knock 13 all you want, but that one song gets me pumped whenever it plays in a match in Dissidia 012.

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
I would want FF I's battle theme ! I found it awesome !
(Well that's the only Final Fantasy game I finished though... that may explain why ^^
Maybe that when I'll do other FF games I'll prefer an other one, who knows !
And I'll surely every single FF I could not do before within the next days, I'm launched in because of Cloud, thanks to him !)

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
If we rate they way how Smash will deliver Midgar's music, i will rate them as:

-1 Star: Music from FF7
-2 Stars: a FF7 Medley, also One winged angel and J-E-N-O-V-A.
-3 stars: music from other Final Fantasy titles.
-4 stars: a medley of final fantasy in general
(a final boss medley of Zeromus, Neo Ex-death and dancing mad would be rad)
-5 stars: a theme from Chrono Trigger (Main Theme or World Revolution please)
-LIMIT BREAK: Victory: Midgar pass the 6 song limit and got at least 12-16 themes because of Rule of Cool music.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
If we rate they way how Smash will deliver Midgar's music, i will rate them as:

-1 Star: Music from FF7
-2 Stars: a FF7 Medley, also One winged angel and J-E-N-O-V-A.
-3 stars: music from other Final Fantasy titles.
-4 stars: a medley of final fantasy in general
(a final boss medley of Zeromus, Neo Ex-death and dancing mad would be rad)
-5 stars: a theme from Chrono Trigger (Main Theme or World Revolution please)
-LIMIT BREAK: Victory: Midgar pass the 6 song limit and got at least 12-16 themes because of Rule of Cool music.
They absolutely HAVE to! JENOVA is a great addition to the already great soundtrack of Smash 4, so I'm 99.9% that that one will make it in. Seriously, there is no way they are going to pass this up.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Though I do believe One-Winged Angel would be a shoo-in, I really hope that it'll be the full version.
If going by the trend of 2 minutes or less for most songs, I'm afraid they'll cut portions of the song ;__;

Not a fan of KH's looping of OWA, but I feel that they'll probably follow that

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Here's some songs I'd love to see appear in the game for the Midgar Stage.

Music from Compilation of Final Fantasy VII

Music from other Final Fantasy titles

* = What I think we'll get

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Assuming we will only get music from FFVII considering it is a FFVII stage, and we already know that we'll be getting the normal and boss battle themes, I'll list 8 tracks I want in the game (thinking we'd get about 10).
  1. J-E-N-O-V-A
  2. One-Winged Angel
  3. Aerith's Theme (remixed like Mother 3's Love Theme was. This song is super iconic and important and should make it in, in some form)
  4. Opening - Bombing Mission (kind of confirmed, I think)
  5. Main Theme
  6. Birth of a God
  7. Electric de Chocobo
  8. Gold Saucer
I feel like all of these would fit the stage well and be fine to fight to (all of the ones in Dissidia were already great to fight to). They all capture the essence that was FFVII, and fit the Midgar setting for the most part (even though there are some others that would fit the stage more but wouldn't be as good to fight to). I'm just wondering what remixes we'll get.

Last edited:

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
Jenova Absolute would be pretty sick to have in, funny how just reversing the battle theme could turn out so well, with a few tweaks obviously.

I'd mosey to it anyways.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Feel like we need Battle on the Big Bridge, personally. It's just a very iconic FF song that can't go unrepped here, IMO.

And then just a bunch of 7 music since 7's OST is really good.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Guess I am late to suggest music from Final Fantasy, most have taken good choices and some of mine may be impossible.

The main theme of FFV, it is just so whismical. Oddly a reason some did not like FFV in its early days was to how light hearted the story was, but I loved it.
I know it is too much to ask for an orchestrated version:

I wish there were references to the Crystal Chronicles games, some my favorite melodies from it are:

It might be hard to get due to license and right but wish Spirit Dreams Inside gets in even with no lyrics as despite it came from that terrible movie; the music does portray what Final Fantasy is.

And this is not exactly form a FF game... well at least it was in this continent but I always loved the main theme from Final Fantasy Legend III which is actually SaGa 3.

Tunewalker

Smash Rookie
There are so many I would love to have for this game from FF VII. Many have already named them, the Battle theme's of course (The main theme, the bombing mission, the Boss battles, Jenova fight stuff, the Gold Saucer fight ones, One Winged Angle... this game has a lot of "battle themes" which was great since it always helped the mood) The Shinra theme's would be next on my list (shinra and Turks) and finally the true "Sephiroth theme" "those chosen by the planet"

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
I'd love a reference to Dragon Quest (since now Square is involved with Smash). Perhaps the battle theme to V?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I honestly don't think we'll get any non-Final Fantasy VII music.
I think all of the music they'll put onto the Midgar Stage will be songs taken from Final Fantasy VII, FFVII Advent Children, Crisis Core: FFVII, and maybe Before Crisis FFVII and FFVII Dirge of Cerberus.

I also kinda believe that Cloud's 'Universe' will be labelled as 'Final Fantasy VII' rather then just 'Final Fantasy'.

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
The collaboration is also specifically called Super Smash Bros. x Final Fantasy VII. So, I wouldn't be surprised if the only music is from the FF7 universe. I just hope they don't pull a Ryu and give us two songs and then just different versions of those songs.

ccthirteen

Smash Apprentice
My music choices from FFVII: (I'll post more later)
One-Winged Angel
Battle music
Boss battle music
Jenova's theme
Gold Saucer theme

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Let the Battles Begin! (battle theme) - basically confirmed because of the traier, but you never know
Fight On! (boss theme) - same as above
Opening/Bombing Mission - same as above
Shinra Company
J-E-N-O-V-A
One Winged Angel (optional, but would probably make me lose all sanity and throw all of my money at Sakurai)

If those six get in, I'm never gonna stop playing Smash 4. NEVER!

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
The collaboration is also specifically called Super Smash Bros. x Final Fantasy VII. So, I wouldn't be surprised if the only music is from the FF7 universe. I just hope they don't pull a Ryu and give us two songs and then just different versions of those songs.
That'll be the worst thing they could do to VII, especially considering that music is one of the consistently strongest points of the franchise. If Midgar somehow manages to only be the two battle themes and remixes of them, I'd have to flip many tables tbh and unfortunately I feel like something along the lines of that could possibly happen

I'm certain that music will be limited to VII alone, but if they could somehow throw in Blinded by Light from XIII or Battle from V, that'd be pretty awesome.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Feel like we need Battle on the Big Bridge, personally. It's just a very iconic FF song that can't go unrepped here, IMO.

And then just a bunch of 7 music since 7's OST is really good.
This
Honestly, I think we're going to get the battle and boss theme from VII, One winger angel, a remix of the midgar theme, the chocobo races theme, and the chocobo battle theme. If we get anything that's not VII, it's definitely going to be Battle on the Big Bridge. If it's not, it would just be bad decision making imo :L

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Not going to post the one's in the trailer since it's obvious we're getting those anyway.

Now the ones I want that aren't very likely mainly because they're not from FF7.
It may not be a Final Fantasy song nor is it very likely, but I still want it and Square did make Secret of Mana ;).

This will never make it in because it's a fan-made theme but it's a pretty sweet remix of FF7's fight theme.

Edit: Forgot to put in Crazy Motor Cycle chase. :p

Last edited:

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Something crossed my mind, that Omega Midgar would be the best stage for Wario Dittos only if Motorcycle Chase gets included

Top Bottom