• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What music do you want for the Midgar stage

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
After Ryu's inclusion just brought us two songs from SF2 with two remixes of the same two songs, what FFVII songs would you want? But ALSO, what FFVII songs do you think will be on the stage?

I can see a battle melody using the regular battle theme and the boss battle theme. Maybe even the bombing run music, JENOVA, and One Winged Angel if it's a melody of FFVII songs in general.

But what would you guy's want/think we'll get?

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Please please PLEEEEAAAASE have One Winged Angel on the 3DS version. I can't imagine anything more satisfying than a brawl of my favorite video game characters to that tune.

MachRider94

Smash Rookie
NNID
MachRider94
3DS FC
5198-2646-6379
How about the Battle Theme Medley from Final Fantasy 1-6 and Boss Battle remix from Final Fantasy IV?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
We need some songs from Final Fantasy VI, the important FF game that was actually on a nintendo console.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
You cant have Midgar stages without the first Midgard raid song. When Cloud first jumps out of that train and that music came on you knew it got real.

The boss music is a must even though it's pretty much confirmed by the traile that its in. And if I don't get One-Winged Angel I'll send them hate mail.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I know it's beating a dead horse, but One Winged Angel is a near must-have.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
BATTLE MUSIC

CLASH ON THE BIG BRIDGE would be nice though.

But put in iconic tracks like OWA, Crazy Motorcycle, Bombing Mission, Battle, Boss, Jenova, Birth of a God and I'll be pretty happy.

Also that prelude.

Atrabilious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Atrabilious

Something from Bravely Default. I know i've personally beaten this horse to death but the music in that gae is great. If I ant get Agnes/Edea I at least want some music

personally I would pick That Person's Name is

I am however expecting a bunch of the same 3 songs like Suzaku :p

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
The Chase of Highway from Advent Children. Definitely!

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
Those Who Fight, Those Who Fight Further, and One Winged Angel of course, and more modern sounding remixes of them. Remember that Nobuo Uematsu did the theme song for Brawl, so him working on Smash music again would be crazy.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
One-Winged Angel and J-E-N-O-V-A are on my top priority of most wanted songs for this stage, but when it comes to songs outside of FFVII, I would love to see Force Your Way from FFVIII and The Decisive Battle from FFVI.

Shog

Smash Ace
We need some songs from Final Fantasy VI, the important FF game that was actually on a nintendo console.
People ignoring FF I-V on the Nintendo Consoles needs to thrown into the void :<

Exdeath Theme, come on please!

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Last edited:

winged hero

Smash Rookie
Force Your Way and
The Man with the Machine Gun
from
Final Fantasy VIII maybe some music form final fantasy ix
Eternal wind form final fantasy iii and one winged angel from vii:4cloud:

Ascended

Smash Ace
From just FFVII:
- Opening/Bombing Mission
- Those Who Fight (Normal battle music)
- JENOVA
- Mako Reactor
- One-Winged Angel
- JENOVA Absolute
- Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (World Map)

From other FF Games:
- Prelude
- Battle 1 (FFIV)
- Battle on the Big Bridge (FFV)
- The Decisive Battle (FFVI)
- Terra
- Liberi Fatali
- The Man With the Machine Gun
- You're Not Alone!
- Festival of the Hunt
- Otherworld
- Battle Theme (FFX)
- Someday the Dream Will End
- Battle for Freedom (FFXII)
- Blinded by Light

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
One Winged Angel
FFVII Title
FF Retro Medley
Jenova
FFVII Main Theme
Chocobo's Theme
Aeris' Theme
KH Neverland Sky
FFX song
Chrono Trigger song
Bravely Default song
Super Mario RPG Medley
Golden Sun The Lost Age song :yeahboi: lol

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Sorry if I don't :4link: the songs, I'm just too tired right now, but choosing a Top 10 for songs (in no particular order) this would be my list:

-Battle Theme
-Continuous battle theme (aka, Golden Saucer's battle arena theme)
-Boss theme
-Jenova
-One Winged Angel (Original + Advent Children remix)
-Bomb Mission
-Electric de Chocobo
-Battle of the Big Bridge
-FF 1-10 Battle Theme Medley
-FF6 Boss Theme

As honorable mentions, I'd love to have something from Chrono Trigger, even if it sounds impossible. :(
And Cid's theme, it's been on my head all day for some reason.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Sorry if I don't :4link: the songs, I'm just too tired right now, but choosing a Top 10 for songs (in no particular order) this would be my list:

-Battle Theme
-Continuous battle theme (aka, Golden Saucer's battle arena theme)
-Boss theme
-Jenova
-One Winged Angel (Original + Advent Children remix)
-Bomb Mission
-Electric de Chocobo
-Battle of the Big Bridge
-FF 1-10 Battle Theme Medley
-FF6 Boss Theme

As honorable mentions, I'd love to have something from Chrono Trigger, even if it sounds impossible. :(
And Cid's theme, it's been on my head all day for some reason.
Why you think a Chrono Trigger song is impossible? You know the game was first released for SNES and it's on Wii U Virtual Console (only in Japan though), right? if anything, we'll get a Chrono Trigger song and a Super Mario RPG song, hopefully a medley.

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
If the limit is 2 themes I think what will get in is obvious.

Normal battle music.

Boss battle music.

If they do more than 2, we'll probably see One Winged Angel next, followed by Aerith's theme, followed by Jenova, followed by Tifa and Prelude.

Recomposing and re-recording music is no joke though. I doubt there'll be many

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
E S T U A N S I N T E R I S I R A V E H E M E N T I

Aka the final boss theme

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
If Crazy Motorcycle Chase can make it in, that'd be super awesome. JENOVA would also be really neat. I'm kinda expecting someone to arrange the battle/boss themes while adding the originals, though.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here's what I'm hoping for...
Most likely (due to being in the trailer)
Opening Theme/Bombing Mission
Fighting
Still More Fighting

Other tracks I'd like to see (er...hear)
J-E-N-O-V-A (please)
Crazy Motorcycle Chase
One Winged Angel (of course)

And other tracks that don't really suit the chaotic nature of the Midgar stage, but are still pretty awesome...
Comso Canyon
Cid's Theme
Turks
Chasing the Black Caped Man
You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet

This game has a great soundtrack...Just having the music in the game is amazing as it is, let alone Cloud!!

Last edited:

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Using Ryu's downloadable-content (DLC) stage as the precedent/baseline for comparison, the five songs (last slot reserved for victory theme) from the Final Fantasy franchise that I would like to accompany Cloud Strife's Super Smash Bros. 4 inclusion are:

Since these first 3 songs were heard in Cloud's trailer, I feel like they should be in the DLC pack, as I hate it when videogame trailers use music that doesn't actually appear in the videogame itself (this more concerns tunes that are could be in the game but aren't, rather than "vocal", already-released songs used purely for commercial/advertising purposes)
1 - "Those Who Fight (Let The Battles Begin!)" (Final Fantasy 7) - if this is the song that is used during the "midpoint" of Cloud's Super Smash Bros. 4 introductory trailer, that song was amazing. So catchy! Perfect for Super Smash Bros. stage music, especially because it acts as a battle theme for the typical regular battles of Final Fantasy 7.
--also known as "Those Who Fight" and "Fighting", apparently. I like the "Those Who Fight" title; it sounds like a Xenoblade Chronicles-ish title..
--This song reminds me a lot of StarFox 64's "Versus (Multiplayer)" theme, for some reason..
2 - "Those Who Fight Further (Fight On!/Still More Fighting)" (Final Fantasy 7) - It sounded cool for a boss battle theme.
--I just love how the addition of the term "Further" in the title implies a extra-ordinary battle, fitting for a song that plays during boss battles.
3 - "Opening - Bombing Mission" (Final Fantasy 7) - it sounded like a nice song, and apparently was immediately familiar to many Final Fantasy fans upon the first few notes..
4 - "One-Winged Angel" (Final Fantasy 7) - I haven't even played Final Fantasy 7 yet and even I know that you have to have this theme when talking about the Final Fantasy franchise; in my opinion, this song is analogous to iconic songs such as "Ground Theme" from Super Mario Bros. 1 and/or "Dark World Theme" from The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past. :laugh: "One-Winged Angel" even has its own trope named after it (with a section specifically dedicated to Square Enix) concerning the scene that the song complemented! It's also been used as a "grand finale" song for a Final Fantasy concert thing, apparently.
--how many remixes does this song have? 0_o
5 (Victory Theme) - the classic "Final Fantasy 1 Victory Theme ~ Dawn of Souls/Origins remix"/"Final Fantasy 7 Victory Theme" (Final Fantasy series), of course! I haven't actually heard the Final Fantasy 7 victory theme, although I'll assume its similar to the iconic Final Fantasy 1 victory theme... I'm mainly thinking of the "Dawn Of Souls" remix..

Other great Final Fantasy songs:
6 - "Battle Scene (Final Fantasy 1) ~ Dawn of Souls/Origins remix" (Final Fantasy 1)
- it's the first regularly-occurring battle theme of the series and played during all fights in the original Final Fantasy 1; it's practically a must-have for a fighting+action-oriented game like Super Smash Bros. 4..! I really want this song to feature somehow..
--for some reason, part of this song reminds me a lot of the instrumental theme song for the educational TV show Standard Deviants.. :)
--I like how this song incorporates the term "Battle Scene" in the title like Super Smash Bros. Brawl's rearranged song inclusion from Golden Sun!
7 - "Battle Scene (Final Fantasy 2) ~ Dawn of Souls/Origins remix" (Final Fantasy 2) - I just love how this song sounds like you're immediately thrust into a tense battle, and the melody at times makes it feel like you're somehow gaining an edge in the fight, only for the enemy to dash your hopes and to be cripplingly overpowering you moments later, possibly with no means of escape..!
8 - "Boss Battle Scene, Type A (Final Fantasy 1) ~ Dawn of Souls/Origins remix" (Final Fantasy 1) - This song conveys a great sense of escalation for imminent battles; an epic boss theme and take on some classic Final Fantasy riffs. I think this one is my favorite of the 3 Final Fantasy 1 boss battle themes (at least when concerning the Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls release)..
9 - "Boss Battle Scene, Type B (Final Fantasy 1) ~ Dawn of Souls/Origins remix" (Final Fantasy 1) - And hey, might as well include Type B; it's an astounding-sounding boss battle theme!
10 - "Inside A Boss Battle/Mini-boss Battle Scene (Final Fantasy 1) ~ Dawn of Souls/Origins remix" (Final Fantasy 1) - the beginning of this song is very memorable in my opinion and implies a nice sense of delving into turbulent matters..
11 - "Main Theme of Final Fantasy 7" (Final Fantasy 7) - It appears that this is the closest thing to a leitmotif for Cloud, so I guess that it merits inclusion.
12 - "Overworld Theme (Final Fantasy 1) ~ Dawn of Souls/Origins remix" (Final Fantasy 1) - This song is just a classic triumphant theme of traversing a fantastic overworld!
13 - "Opening Main Theme (Final Fantasy 1) ~ Dawn of Souls/Origins remix" (Final Fantasy 1) - The general melody has apparently become a Final Fantasy mainstay theme, so inclusion would be nice.
14 - "Prelude (Final Fantasy 1) ~ Dawn of Souls/Origins remix" (Final Fantasy 1) - It's a very pretty song and a classic for Final Fantasy; while maybe not combat-oriented, it would at least sound good in the Sound Test!

Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls was my first Final Fantasy game experience, so I guess that's why those particular renditions come to mind; they were simply terrific! That remake of Final Fantasy 1 & 2 uses similar instrumentation to Final Fantasy: Origins (a remake released on PlayStation 1) and Final Fantasy 1 & 2: 20th Anniversary Edition (a remake released on PlayStation Portable), so I kind of tend to lump them all together, comparing that particular instrumentation to the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) instrumentation for the original Final Fantasy 1 and Final Fantasy 2.

I haven't heard most Final Fantasy 7 music in context, and the only 3 songs from that game that I have heard are the ones that featured in Cloud's trailer..

Not sure if any of these songs should include a Super Smash Bros.-esque remix; I would imagine that the original versions would suffice, although good and/or cool remixes are always welcome in my book!

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
There's this one song I've always liked. I know it by heart, but I don't know the name of it. Can't find it anywhere.

The beginning sounds like this: fa-so-la-fa-ti-la-so-fa-do
What area does it play? (not a music major obviously)

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Never thought I'd see the day my favorite game would cross with Smash Bros... :')

"Fight On!/Those Who Fight Further" (boss theme; likely a given due to its use in the trailer)
"Electric de Chocobo" (Chocobo theme; highest energy variation of the few different ones)
"J-E-N-O-V-A" (JENOVA boss theme)
"Hurry!" (used in tense situations a few times throughout the game; most notably used in the escape segment of Shinra HQ during the game's prologue)
"Shinra's Full-Scale Assault" (used a few times where Shinra played central to the plot; such as the climb to the HQ in the prologue or during the attack on Sapphire Weapon using the Sister Ray)
"Forested Temple" (Temple of the Ancient's theme)
"Listen to the Cries of the Planet" (Forgotten Capital's theme)
"Aerith's Theme" (despite how calm it is, it would be deserving because of just how powerful a theme it is and how important it was to the game as a whole, bringing the end of Disc 1 to an emotional close)

Those are the ones I want most.

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
Both Birth of a God and One-Winged Angel would be expect. I'd much prefer the former, but the latter seems like the more obvious pick due to how well known it is. I'd also love the version of J-E-N-O-V-A from Dissidia, but this feels less likely than a direct rip from FF7 if the song were to make it in at all.

Top Bottom