• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What moves from Sonic Frontiers do you think could be worked into Sonic's moveset?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
From the Looping Kick to the Wild Rush to the Cyloop to the Spin Slash, I can see many of the moves Sonic has in Sonic Frontiers to be good and working moves in a Smash Bros. game should he reappear in one. So...

What moves do you think could work for Sonic in a future Smash Bros. game? Which moves could they replace? Note, they do not have to be just special moves, but normal moves and maybe throws as well.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
now this is an interesting topic, give me time to go over the moves and i'll see what i can come up with

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
  • Back Air: Sonic Boom (a multi-hit kick where the last hit launches the opponent a considerable distance)
  • Forward Air: Loop Kick (the first input is a backflip kick, the second is a flying kick that moves Sonic forward)
  • Down Smash: Spin Slash (Sonic Spin Dashes on the ground in a circular motion, hitting opponents around him multiple times)
  • Up Air: Cyclone Kick (Sonic performs multiple rapid backflip kicks)
  • Side Special: Wild Rush (Sonic boosts in the inputted direction three times, similar to Sora’s Sonic Blade)
  • Final Smash: Super Phantom Rush (Super Sonic dashes forward, rushing any opponents caught in the way)

DeanSeventeen

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6502-7966-6497
As a Sonic main I think he deserves a moveset redesign. So uhhhhhh here's some stuff I'd change.
  • Neutral B: Everyone's gonna hate me for changing this, but Homing Shot. Just felt like giving Sonic a projectile.
  • Up B: Wild Rush. I kinda expect this to be some kind of Quick Attack recovery, just faster and 4times instead of 2, but probably just existing for combos and being sort of ehh for recovery. I feel like that'd balance him out a bit.
  • Down B: Sonic Boom. Probably gonna be terrible but it could replace his current down B which could in turn replace his side B- I'll shut up.
  • Neutral Air: Basically a version of Homing Attack that only works when the other character's within, I dunno, 4 times Sonic's height? Can't remove Homing Attack entirely.
  • Forward Air: Spin Slash. Sonic could just move around whoever the hell is unlucky enough to get hit and deal some okay damage and next to no knockback for combo purposes.
  • Up Air: Loop Kick. Could just be a multi-hit attack that deals a lot of damage but basically no knockback even at 59,275.6% damage (aka the amount of damage Sephiroth can do in one hit with enough preparation).
  • Down Air: Stomp Attack. Basically his current down air but R E B O U N D.
  • Down Throw: Grand Slam. So just a spin dash then a drop kick. Not that big a deal. Better than his current down throw.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Putting anything from Frontiers into Sonic's moveset would be as bad as giving Mario Cappy. It'll just be outdated by next game.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Off the top of my head (And also trying to not take out things like Homing attack and at least 1 version of the spindash/charge since those are iconic moves for Sonic) I could think of these.

Up Throw: Cyclone Kick. Throws them up and uses cyclone kick for a bunch of damage. Weaker kill power than his current up throw.

Forward throw: Loop Kick. He throws them forward and then performs the loop kick for some decent knockback. Still weaker than his current back throw though.

Side Special: I'd personally want to replace this with the boost but that isn't necessarily a Frontiers move so I'll go with homing shot. Easier to dodge than homing attack though so it's not super broken as it'd be a risk free homing attack edgeguard if it was as good at hitting as homing attack.

Final Smash: Instead of the weak flying around Super Sonic does currently Super Sonic will dash around the screen for a few seconds, and anyone caught in it will be brought into a cinematic final smash where Super Sonic goes ham on them with a variety of Frontiers moves. If the opponent is over 100% by the end they die.

Last edited:

supersmashbro99

Smash Rookie
Neutral Attack: Frontier Triple
Up Smash: Cyclone Kick
Down Aerial: Stomp
Forward Throw: Sonic Boom
Neutral Special: Homing Attack
Side Special: Boost
Up Special: Wild Rush
Down Special: Spin Dash
Final Smash: Super Phantom Rush