• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What make a good Sonic?

NNID
MasterHavik
I'm not saying who the best Sonic? But saying what make the "perfect" Sonic?

I think it is.....

perfect ASC combo

spacing freak

Can pwn any match up with Sonic.

Has the power of gimping someone almost everytime.

Know when to nail the perfect kill with Sonic.

Also has a crazy pressure game. To annoying the **** out of people.

Tell in your mind what make a good Sonic guys. Let's not say who the best, but state some of things that make an awesome Sonic? In others words let's have fun with this one, ok guys?

Browny

Smash Hater
someone who doesnt give the enemy more than 1 second to plan any sort of approach, and bait the enemy into walking into fsmash. spot dodging with Sonic is also important, especially against ledgehopped attacks which can sometimes lead into fsmashes

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Knowledge is power. Knowing Sonic's weaknesses is useful, like not following someone like Weegie into the air.
Oh, and using that spring.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Well, aside from having the fundamentals (spacing/dodging/good DI/etc.) down which is important for anyone, all of Sonic's spin combos (especially his jab lock) are pretty critical to get down. It's extremely difficult for even the most tricky Sonic to create an opening on a lot of characters, so when you get your first hit off you gotta make sure that every possible subsequent hit connects so as not to waste opportunities.

I would also say it's essential to have an exact picture of what your off-edge game vs every character is going to look like. That is to say, for every character you should know what recovery/counter-attack options they have and how you're going to deal with them. A good off-edge game can save your frickin' life as a Sonic so you absolutely must learn the ins and outs of it.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Oh, I should also add that while these things will make your Sonic better, they won't make him good. Because there is nothing that "make a good Sonic."

NNID
MasterHavik
No, Twinkletoes I mean make a Sonic palyer good. Not the character it self, but if we had a way to hack the game. All of us will make Sonic the next fox in melee XD.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Nothing can make a Sonic player good either. You play Sonic, ergo you fail.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
know how to avoid attacks that you can't out priority, and know when your enemy is in delay. know how to avoid delay yourself.

and for kills, bait opponents into charge dsmash, or stage spike, or ceiling kill. and chase kill off the stage.

most importantly... do not put sonic into situations that he will take damage... and also

side taunt.

learn all of sonic's advanced techs but also be able to control sonic well in general at the flick of an instant without thinking about it.

basicly! learn how to control all of sonics moves, and the way he moves, and THEN play a lot of games so you know what to do in what situations.

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
K.I.D. on friend's acct...

wow we got some haters in here. now i dont think that all sonic's AT are necessary but you need to know when and how to use all the tools at your disposal

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Why Do Sonic Users Say That If U use Sonic Ur Going To Fail ????
Thats Not Thrue at all if ur a good player and Know ur weekneses and know what the other character can do, you can come out on top...........................

i go to tourneys all the time using sonic and , i cant say im way better than anyone there but i win most matches with sonic ,and if i know that a character just has to much advantage over me i counterpick and thats only for 3 or 4 matchups.......

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Uhh... on top of everything also mentioned... does tilting make a good Sonic?

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
^Yeah, but that's part of the fundamentals. Although to be honest, I'm absolutely TERRIBLE when it comes to utilting (never know when to use the **** thing) and I rarely dtilt. I ftilt all the time though. Great move...

NNID
MasterHavik
What about grabing a lot?

edit: hahahaha you suck a titling toes XD. Also you forgot to put kirby? And I mean another one sorry for my mistake if you cloudn't read that.

___X___

Smash Lord
all i know is that i make sonic TOP TIER!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

suck my bulbasaur!

>_>

yeah that was pretty gay, ill shut up now.

Top Bottom