• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your record for most consecutive super wavedashes?

Smash Master
Today, I was messing around with Samus in training mode, and I super wavedashed nine times in a row. I was just sitting there with my mouth hanging open while I was doing them because I can normally hit it only 20% of the time (Samus isn't my main or my secondary). What's your record?

BTW, my previous record was only five.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
my record is one.

i never practice it... but when i do... its soo hard

i stopped trying cause i dont think ill ever implement it into my gameplay the way, say, phanna does

Metà

Smash Master
Fix the title, because I never miss a wavedash. Now the super wavedash, that's a different story. I got 6 in a row, that's my best. But they weren't very good, because I kept accidentally shortening them by walking.

majoras16

Smash Apprentice
you are talking about SWDs in a row right? or in a match?

well my record in a row its only 3 more from there i cant

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
How do you fix a title?
Hehe the thread title amused me. But click the edit button, then click 'go advanced,' which should load up a page where you can give a reason for editing, change the thread title, and then the body of the post. And my personal record is somewhere between 1 and ∞, probably about half-way. But 9 is quite a substantial amount, good muscle memory. I find the skill of being able to execute a follow-up SWD is more valuable than getting a standalone SWD the first try. Generally, that's how I play (I do have dry spells even, I'm more precise than I am accurate).

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
4, when I first picked up Samus, I could even do it during battles! Now I can't anymore...it takes me like 20 tries to get it one time. This is now. Then, I was way better with SWD, but just not getting it now...

Smash Master
My record for in game SWD's is four in a row, but I usually overdo them in friendlies because there are other people watching the match, and SWD's are fun to watch.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If I said it no one would believe me so I would rather just make a video...I have ALOT though. Ask people who have played me lol I SWD alot. I really like Phannas use of it though. He makes better use of it then I do but I can SWD 90-100% of the time so w/e >_>.

Joker

Smash Ace
:ohwell:
I think i still have the most period and on tape.
I have had a vid out since like feb. its me doing 8 in a row and 9 in a row, like on the vid i do the 8 in a row then it goes to the next scene and i do 9 in a completly different place, it also has some other stuff like swding while being invisible and stuff.

my max on tape is 10 however.

If i ever got back into smash maybe i could do more but w/e :p:p

Zurad

Smash Cadet
The highest I ever got was 5 in a row

Some days I'll be able to pull 3 or 4 in a row easily without trouble. Others I can't get 1 out of 20 tries.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I did 19 in a row yesterday on dreamland o.O....

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hugs your amazing. Your like God, sent down in a pretty women in a big suit. I would be freaking scared when she starts pmsing.

samosuke

Smash Rookie
The most I have gotten is 5 and that was just showing someone to see how many times I could do it.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
5-6

I used to be able to do them 3/5. Then I stopped playing and now it's 1/4.

It's fun to use them in a match, though the person I usually play against expects them now. Kinda lose my advantage... he just grabs me out of them now. still fun to do.

hao chi

Smash Cadet
Earlier today I did two in a row, I guess that's not too bad because until two days ago I hadn't really tried to SWD.

Edit: I did three in a row an hour ago.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Highest is seven in a row now. But it just takes one for me to SD....Everytime I use it in a match I SD because I bull**** so much. Last tournament I SWDed off the stage and wasted a stock. >.>

Illos

Smash Apprentice
I got 3 messing around today. My previous best was 1.

Edit: Just got 4

Twek

Smash Cadet
i got five once but i have only seriously practiced it one day. its too much work to try something that ill never be able to inquire into battle anyway.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
A while back when I saw some crazy Samus tech vids,
I thought that I should use her as one of my secondaries, just to be flashy.
If I got used to her, I would play seriously. But it never really happened! Too hard.

Anyways, only 2 or 3. I never put too much time into it anyways.
Patience is for losers.

Samus Syndrome

Smash Apprentice
Not sure but I think I've gotten it at least gotten six maybe seven times in a row.

Try to use it as often as possible on my friend to practice. My favorite way to use it is to MCSWD.

Only used it twice in a tourny when it was useful.

Top Bottom