• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your Myers-Briggs Typology personality type?

Myers-Briggs Typology personality

• ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • ESTJ - The Guardians

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • ISFJ - The Nurturers

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • ESFJ - The Caregivers

• ISTP - The Mechanics

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • ESTP - The Doers

• ESFP - The Performers

• ISFP - The Artists

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • ENTJ - The Executives

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • INTJ - The Scientists

Votes: 45 25.3%
  • ENTP - The Visionaries

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • INTP - The Thinkers

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • ENFJ - The Givers

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • INFJ - The Protectors

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • ENFP - The Inspirers

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • INFP - The Idealists

Votes: 15 8.4%

• Total voters

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
INTJ is apparently the dominant smash personality. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :chuckle:

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I'm ENTJ, but I only have 1 point in Extrovert, so I just as easily could have been INTJ.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
If I answer things along how I behave sober, I'm a protector. I'm sure most of the time I think differently though.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm an inspirer. I inspire you all to better yourselves. Play more Smash, learn to read, ride a bike and give me rep.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Chill said:
I'm an inspirer. I inspire you all to better yourselves. Play more Smash, learn to read, ride a bike and give me rep.
I feel inspired. Are you gonna rep me now?

D

Deleted member

INFJ, the protector.

INFJs are gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individuals. Artistic and creative, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. Only one percent of the population has an INFJ Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types.

INFJs place great importance on havings things orderly and systematic in their outer world. They put a lot of energy into identifying the best system for getting things done, and constantly define and re-define the priorities in their lives. On the other hand, INFJs operate within themselves on an intuitive basis which is entirely spontaneous. They know things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, and without detailed knowledge of the subject at hand. They are usually right, and they usually know it. Consequently, INFJs put a tremendous amount of faith into their instincts and intuitions. This is something of a conflict between the inner and outer worlds, and may result in the INFJ not being as organized as other Judging types tend to be. Or we may see some signs of disarray in an otherwise orderly tendency, such as a consistently messy desk.

INFJs have uncanny insight into people and situations. They get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them. As an extreme example, some INFJs report experiences of a psychic nature, such as getting strong feelings about there being a problem with a loved one, and discovering later that they were in a car accident. This is the sort of thing that other types may scorn and scoff at, and the INFJ themself does not really understand their intuition at a level which can be verbalized. Consequently, most INFJs are protective of their inner selves, sharing only what they choose to share when they choose to share it. They are deep, complex individuals, who are quite private and typically difficult to understand. INFJs hold back part of themselves, and can be secretive.

But the INFJ is as genuinely warm as they are complex. INFJs hold a special place in the heart of people who they are close to, who are able to see their special gifts and depth of caring. INFJs are concerned for people's feelings, and try to be gentle to avoid hurting anyone. They are very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well. Situations which are charged with conflict may drive the normally peaceful INFJ into a state of agitation or charged anger. They may tend to internalize conflict into their bodies, and experience health problems when under a lot of stress.
Man, that's incredible. The name's cool too. INFJs For Great Justice!

gnosis

Smash Lord
INFJ here as well. For being the rarest type, we're getting a pretty high concentration here on the boards so far... but that'll probably change if more people take the quiz.

JFox

Smash Hero
I am ENFJ, and the first one at that. The thing said that its only about 3% of the world, so that makes me feel unique. I kind of feel I have never found anyone I can relate to very well in life. I've never met anyone thats much like me, so I end up surrounding myself with people that are similar to me in certain ways, but than have other traits that are not at all like mine. This way I get a little similarity, while getting a good bit of diversity.

I kind of feel these things are pretty inaccurate though. They are almost like worrying about what sign your are and ****. I just don't think you can analyze such a complex creature very well using these sorts of tests. And a lot of the statements they make seem very broad and easily agreeable.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Sorry about reviving a very old thread, but I think this is interesting.

Anyway, I'm an INTP (Thinkers), and very much so. Apparently INTPs are only good for tenure professors or something like that...

I've taken the test twice before, and each time I got INTP and very much so in every category. Now that I think about it, it seems like INTPs are more likely to be very INTP rather than somewhat INTP.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hiemie told me to take this test a while ago. I'm ESTP, which is apparently, the doers.

I took it the last time in April. I'll try again right now.

Edit: Tried it again, and I'm still ESTP. Why am I the only one? >>

Aaaahhh, this is freaky.

That Website said:
ESTPs have a strong flair for drama and style. They're fast-moving, fast-talking people who have an appreciation for the finer things in life. They may be gamblers or spendthrifts. They're usually very good at story telling and improvising. They typically makes things up as they go along, rather than following a plan. They love to have fun, and are fun people to be around. They can sometimes be hurtful to others without being aware of it, as they generally do not know and may not care about the effect their words have on others. It's not that they don't care about people, it's that their decision-making process does not involve taking people's feelings into account. They make decisions based on facts and logic.
Me. Entirely. Just the first line even!

That Website said:
ESTPs have a strong flair for drama and style.
I'm in a musical right now, and at the end of a recent smash tournament, instead of smashing all night with Buzz, I went clothes shopping with Buzz's wife.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Wow... brought back from the dead... June 2006. I think that is a record for one of my threads. Anyway, INTJs are winning! :D

Here is a funny INTJ excerpt from our list of weaknesses: "Tendency to be unwilling or unable to accept blame." So, apparently, we are the kings of johns in smash. :chuckle:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I just realize how old this thread is, anyway, I'm INTJ. That sounds about right since I'm detached from emotional reactions and stuff that relates to emotion in general. I prefer to put aside feelings for a clear, thought out analyization [I can't remember how to spell it, oh well...] which is normally the best approach.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I just realize how old this thread is, anyway, I'm INTJ. That sounds about right since I'm detached from emotional reactions and stuff that relates to emotion in general. I prefer to put aside feelings for a clear, thought out analyization [I can't remember how to spell it, oh well...] which is normally the best approach.
I love reading about how INTJs (myself included) tend to not take criticism personally. That way I can do stuff like this: You're wrong... YOU BLOCKHEAD!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The INTJ's interest in dealing with the world is to make decisions, express judgments, and put everything that they encounter into an understandable and rational system. Consequently, they are quick to express judgments. Often they have very evolved intuitions, and are convinced that they are right about things. Unless they complement their intuitive understanding with a well-developed ability to express their insights, they may find themselves frequently misunderstood. In these cases, INTJs tend to blame misunderstandings on the limitations of the other party, rather than on their own difficulty in expressing themselves. This tendency may cause the INTJ to dismiss others input too quickly, and to become generally arrogant and elitist.
That sounds like most smashers, it's kinda weird.

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
I'm sort of a mix between INTP and INFP. Haven't really been around people that much to be an extrovert, though.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Ok...so which personality creates the most ideal smashers?

I myself was an ISTP.

Skler

Smash Master
ENTJ for life. It did a pretty good job of describing me, although a lot of the questions are kind of general and were tough to answer. I'll take it again later and see if I change.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Ok...so which personality creates the most ideal smashers?

I myself was an ISTP.
I don't think there is an "ideal" personality for smashers. Some may be slightly better than others. If it means anything, most are INTJ right now. ^_^

JFox

Smash Hero
I am ENFJ, and the first one at that. The thing said that its only about 3% of the world, so that makes me feel unique. I kind of feel I have never found anyone I can relate to very well in life. I've never met anyone thats much like me, so I end up surrounding myself with people that are similar to me in certain ways, but than have other traits that are not at all like mine. This way I get a little similarity, while getting a good bit of diversity.

I kind of feel these things are pretty inaccurate though. They are almost like worrying about what sign your are and ****. I just don't think you can analyze such a complex creature very well using these sorts of tests. And a lot of the statements they make seem very broad and easily agreeable.
Interesting, I re-took this same test after reading my own post from like a year ago and I ended up being an ENTJ, as opposed to an ENFJ like last time.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
INTJ

INTJs live in the world of ideas and strategic planning. They value intelligence, knowledge, and competence, and typically have high standards in these regards, which they continuously strive to fulfill. To a somewhat lesser extent, they have similar expectations of others.
Sounds like a mod.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Another scientist...

With Introverted Intuition dominating their personality, INTJs focus their energy on observing the world, and generating ideas and possibilities. Their mind constantly gathers information and makes associations about it. They are tremendously insightful and usually are very quick to understand new ideas. However, their primary interest is not understanding a concept, but rather applying that concept in a useful way. Unlike the INTP, they do not follow an idea as far as they possibly can, seeking only to understand it fully. INTJs are driven to come to conclusions about ideas. Their need for closure and organization usually requires that they take some action.
Yes, that's me to the point.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Yeah, another INTP!

Anyway, I dunno, it seems like INTP is a combination of all the negatives.
Extrovert vs. introvert...so friendly people vs. loners.
Sensing vs. intuitive: sensing people are those who are attentive and those who tend to work hard, while the intuitives are those who are lazy and get away with it. To put it in Harry Potter terms (heh...), it would be Hufflepuff vs. Slytherin.
Thinking vs. feeling: thinking people are cold-hearted jerks while feeling people are nice.
Judging vs. perceiving: judging people are organized while perceiving people are messy.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Actually, "introverts" versus "extroverts" is a commonly misunderstood concept. To be an extrovert does not necessarily to be outgoing. To be an introvert does not necessarily mean to be closed/lonely.

If Sally is an extrovert, it simply means she recharges her batteries by being in groups. She can be alone when she has to be (for homework and whatnot), but she takes a break by going and being with other people. She regains her sanity by socializing. The socializing gives her the strength to once again tackle homework (or whatever she has to do alone). However, Sally can still be quite shy despite being a strong extrovert.

On the other end of the spectrum, we have Bill who is an introvert. He can be alone for an extremely long time. When a group comes over to visit, Bill is the life of the party! He tells the best jokes and shares the coolest stories he read off the Internet. However, at the end of the night, Bill is exhausted but grateful to be alone again to recuperate from all the conversation. Bill regains his strength by focusing on his personal projects.

I am a prime real-life example. I am a strong introvert, but I love socializing. However, I do not proactively seek out social experiences. Deep down, I do not like being among large groups. I feel it is somewhat freedom-restricting, and I hate having to put on my social front. When I do end up having to socialize, I am very open, and I know how to deal with people very well (I worked as a resident assistant in the college dorms last year since I do well in "people management").

greenblob

Smash Lord
Well, I guess it's better to be a moderate than be on either extreme. On every single MBTI test I've taken, I've always gotten 100% of the "introvert" answers.

Top Bottom