• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your Myers-Briggs Typology personality type?

Myers-Briggs Typology personality

• ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • ESTJ - The Guardians

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • ISFJ - The Nurturers

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • ESFJ - The Caregivers

• ISTP - The Mechanics

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • ESTP - The Doers

• ESFP - The Performers

• ISFP - The Artists

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • ENTJ - The Executives

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • INTJ - The Scientists

Votes: 45 25.3%
  • ENTP - The Visionaries

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • INTP - The Thinkers

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • ENFJ - The Givers

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • INFJ - The Protectors

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • ENFP - The Inspirers

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • INFP - The Idealists

Votes: 15 8.4%

• Total voters

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm an INTP, I really don't like working in groups with people and I hate it when people can't verify things.
Me too, I'm a more mixture of INTJ and INTP than one or the other. I can't remember when the mix consists of and I'm too lazy to go read them both to refresh my memory.

I usually:
prefer to work alone
keep ideas to myself [no matter how much better it is than the current one]
avoid socializing [it's a phobia I have]
organize stuff
play devil's advocate [like on the Brawl boards]

That's all I can remember right now =/

Youkai Master

Smash Apprentice
I'm an INTP, I read the description and was surprised with how perfectly well it described me...

However I think I'm a pure "Thinker" unlike others here, I read what the description on "The Scientist" said but I did not find much in common with it.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
ESTJ - 0
ENFP - 1
ESFJ - 2
ESTP - 2
ISFJ - 3
ISFP - 3
ISTP - 3
ESFP - 4
ENFJ - 5
ENTP - 5
ISTJ - 5
INFJ - 6
ENTJ - 8
INFP - 8
INTP - 13
INTJ - 23

So, out of the 91 people that took this, 64 are introverts, 27 are extro.

Three cheers for me having a rare personality type! ESTP ftw.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
I've taken this test before, can't remember what I ended up as, only that it began with I, possibly INTP, which is odd seeing as I was the only one who ended up with that as my result, and yet it is second most popular here. Mind my colleagues were a bunch of incapable and idiotic buffoons. I was told, along with the other 1 typers out there, I think there were 2 or 3 others, that we would be valuable friends to anybody due to the variety we would bring, this failed to see a boom in my social life. I may have been INTJ though, either way, I looked at the descriptions of the two sets, and of course there aren't many differences, seeing as they are but seperated by a letter, I found them fairly accurate.

Of course rather than leave things to a 5 year old memory and be plunged into the two largest groups and lose my social value I took the test again. So all you mother****ers can get your filthy, downtrodden hands off of me. I'm better than mere forum rabble!

How dissapointed I was then when it showed me to ISTJ, the answer the first respondent in this thread. Slight relief when the result confined itself to more of a rarity. ISTJ, The Duty Fufiller, obviously why I seek to avoid commitment in what is just mere words. Amusingly the description wasn't far off, and a later section even touched on the fact that I'm always right. Then again I believe I could find something that seems like me in any of those sections, Eorlingas' extract would fit me for example, but it really all depends on the context and situation because this kind of test has such a high confirmation bias in the interpretation of the results. Answering such confining questions was incredibly difficult and only served to make myself skeptical of the result. I almost didn't take the test, but having done it before I was intrigued in garnering another result.

The reliability of the test is terrible though, you know 64% of people tested again after nine months got a different result? Some even got a different result when they took it again at a later time in the day. (Harvey, 1996)

Reference: Harvey, R J (1996) Reliability and Validity, in MBTI Applications. A.L. Hammer, Editor. Consulting Psychologists Press: Palo Alto, CA. p. 5- 29.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Looks like I'm an ENFP, the inspirer. Pretty rare on these boards isn't it ?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
INTP ftw!

moderately expressed introvert

slightly expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality
I guess those are pretty accurate. I'm fairly apathetic, never am completely sure, etc. Also, what's better, slight or moderate?

Took it again and got ISFP switching out ones where I was somewhere in the middle...

Let's forget about that one, though, I'm in no way an "artist"

Jammer

Smash Lord
Hmm...

I had trouble taking the test, because I think my personality is currently changing. I'm in a transitional period, I believe.

I answered as best I could; it tells me I'm an ENTP, which is an inventor or visionary. I guess that mostly describes me, although I can at times be much more lazy than a good visionary is supposed to be.

Also, it listed Ray Kurzweil and Richard Feynman as my type. Those people are probably my favorite role models.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
INTJs almost double that of INTPs, but yeah, they are clearly the current leaders. I am going to monitor various personality types around the forums very closely. It helps understand why people think they way they do.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
The test said I was INTJ.

I think I took a test like this during high school, and had to write a paper on it. I believe that I got the same results. :)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I was ISTP long ago, but INTJ fits me so much better these days. I retook the test and still got INTJ. I'm pretty consistent now.

And ZOMG, we have a Guardian now! The list is complete! Smashboards is officially diverse! :D

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
INFP.

I always want to be around people- I hate being by myself- but at the same time, I'm very anti-social, and have trouble meeting new people.

Kinda sucky predicament, isn't it?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
INFP.

I always want to be around people- I hate being by myself- but at the same time, I'm very anti-social, and have trouble meeting new people.

Kinda sucky predicament, isn't it?

I have this same problem. I'm a shy guy at first but once I get to know people I'm a real loud mouth.

I think I got INTJ.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Oh, I forgot to mention that it said I'm a very weakly expressed extrovert.. So I'm on the borderline between ENTP, the Visionary, and INTP, the Thinker.

Those are kind of cool to have together, I guess. It makes me sound very intellectual and imaginative at the same time.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
When I take these tests I vary between ENTP (Visionary/Inventor) and INTJ (Scientist/Mastermind). This time I got INTJ. I just prefer to think of myself as a visionary mastermind.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
I got ENFJ/Giver. Tends to make sense to me.

Just retook the test again. Came up with the same thing, even though I was pretty sure I changed some answers.

greenblob

Smash Lord
U.S.A. Population Breakdown
ISTJ
11.6%
ISFJ
13.8%
INFJ
1.5%
INTJ
2.1%
ISTP
5.4%
ISFP
8.8%
INFP
4.3%
INTP
3.3%
ESTP
4.3%
ESFP
8.5%
ENFP
8.1%
ENTP
3.2%
ESTJ
8.7%
ESFJ
12.3%
ENFJ
2.4%
ENTJ
1.8%

Source: Wikipedia

Apparently Smashboards isn't a good sample of the United States.

Top Bottom