• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your Favorite Brawl Stage and Least Favorite Brawl Stage?

Xona

Smash Apprentice
Favorites: Big Blue (jumping onto the track to pull some bizarre tricks owns), Rumble Falls (moving, changes speed, always moves up close sides ect.), and Port Town Aero Dive (the hazards aka the cars are a blast, also it keeps changing layouts requiring adaptability to the stage movements).

Least Favorites: fd (completely unfair in favor of projectile spammers), bridge of eldin (same as fd + walk-offs), wario ware inc. (a luck factor almost as high as Pokemon's, the broken rewards system randomly gives wins via invincibility)

BrawlerHarrison

Smash Apprentice
Like: pretty much all the neatrul stages, I even like large stages like hyrule temple...

Hate: Stages like Hanenbow, 75M, rumble falls, summit...

Speed Demon 64

Smash Rookie
My favourite is Green Hill Zone by a long shot. I also quite like WarioWare Inc. because of the crazy minigames it has

Hanenbow is probably my least favourite. It doesn't even have music for crying out loud. New Pork City is very bad as well, along with Distant Planet
I thought that no one else liked Green Hill Zone but me. You are awesome! I love that stage the most too! In fact, my random selection is Final D., Green Hill, and Cornaria. That's it. It's not that I hate the other stages, but those are just the ones that I love. Oh yeah, and I REALLY HATE Brinstar, Yoshi's Island, and the other yoshi stage from Melee. Also Norfair and Frigate Orpheon aren't particularly good either, as well as Jungle Japes, but I don't HATE them. All others are at least deacent to me.:)

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Favorites: Spear Pillar, Lylat Cruise, FD, Smashville, Green Hill Zone, Pirate Ship and Halberd are the ones that I can remember
Okay stages: Battlefield, Summit, Warioware, Delfino Plaza, Norfair, Frigate and Temple(nothing as fun as playing with me and my bro as Snake and CPU(as long as they aren't 9) and plant Mines and C4's everywhere

Hate: Hanenbow, Flat Zone, Rumble Falls

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Favorite: Delfino Plaza
Least Favorite: Norfair ~_~

Chainsaw97

Smash Rookie
Favorites:
Port Town Aero Drive
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pirate Ship
Smashville

Hated:
Hanebow
75m
Shadow Moses Island
Frigate Orphan
Lylat Cruise

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
I'd like Picto Chat more if it didn't have such a high ceiling and small boundaries. I'd also like if the drawings were more unobtrusive.

But anyways, I like Yoshi Island and Smashville a lot.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
My favorite stages are Smashville and FD. I like simple stages with no gimmicks. Delfino Plaza is pretty nice as well.

My least favorite stages are stages that are obnoxiously big (Like 75m, NPC, and Hyrule Temple) and stages that have things that can kill you out of the background. (Pirate ship, Halberd) While it's not really hard to dodge the background effects in those stages, you can't focus fully on fighting and you have to take time to make sure you don't get KO'ed.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Favorites;

New Pork City
Norfair
Frigate Orphen
Shadow Moses Island
Lylat Cruise
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island [pipes]
Onett
Wario Ware

Dislikes;

Luigi's Mansion
Final Destination
Flat Zone 2
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Skyworld
Summit
Hannenbow
Rainbow Cruise

For those of you that dont like New Pork City, since you'll eventually fight there, heres a suggestion

Fight in the areas I circled red the KO zones are marked in green I've been able to KO folks, damage 60% +, faster at these zones

As for the circle at the bottum, the key there is to get your opponent to not be able to recover so making sure you hit them to the screen left helps to KO them faster.

Also dont forget that the location circled at screen right, the Ultimate Chimera DOES WALK OVER THERE. So i highly recommend the far screen left location or the bottum one.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Have I posted in this thread?
I can never tell, there are so many favorite/least favorite stage threads in this sub-forum.

Favorites
Halberd (the stage music also influences my choices)
Smashville
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island

Least Favorites
75m (only 1 good song and terrible competative-wise and casual-wise)
Mario Bros.
The Summit
Rumble Falls
Norfair
Bridge of Elgin (call me crazy, I just don't like it)

JPW

Smash Ace
Favourites:
F-zero Aero Dive, SmashVille, Final Destination, Battlefield, Bridge of Eldin, Kirby's Green Greens, Starfox, Yoshi's Island(Brawl), Shadow Moses, Green Hill Zone

Meh:
Corneria, Legend of Zelda Temple, Onett, Yoshi's Island(Melee), Mushroomy Kingdom, Frigate Orpheon, Halberd,

Totally Hates:
Hanenbow, New Pork City, 75m, Rumble Falls, Mario Bros.,

Basiacally I don't mind the stages I just hate the last 5 and I turn them off in Wifi and Brawls.

Neo Metal Sonic

Smash Cadet
I like:

Shadow Moses Island - for music and the atmosphere
Lylat Cruise - for music and special effects (love the Space Armada section)
WarioWare, Inc. - because of the mini-games (best played with WiiRemote + Nunchuck)
Spear Pillar - For the music (again) and Dialga ;))
Battlefield - FTM ;)

I hate:

New Pork City - Too big, Ultimate Chimera
Flat Zone 2 - For Lion segment
Mario Circuit - For the music
Skyworld - Can't grab the clouds, immposible to return if knocked downward, unless you play as Meta Knight/Kirby/King Dedede or whoever can jump 5 times
Summit - Because of the fish that eats you as soon as you fall into water

Smash Rookie
Like: Final Destination & Warioware
Dislike: Moving stages except for big blue

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
top five of each
Favs
- Smashville
- Battlefield
- Luigi's Mansion
- Yoshi's Island